Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

KirbyKhan posted:

Just played my first Xayah/Rakan game. God drat are they THE WORST couple to be in a room with.

Anybody have any Xayah words. Either on the champ or how to more effectively rp in all chat to tilt 8 people

https://twitter.com/scarra/status/865073988023730176

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Before the change to the jungle that made it easier to clear for Ivern, he used to start 3x pots instead of refillable, and you needed to go into Hunter's for him to be able to continuously clear. That's what I expect he'll need to do again.

He also sucked rear end when he had to do that

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

"Her Big Daddy" came up when I was looking at op.gg for the most successful Rakan players. I suspect it's a pro (or at least master/challenger) player's smurf https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=her+big+daddy

edit: the relic shield pick makes way more sense knowing they only ever play as a duo, because hoooooly poo poo that seems miserable solo

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

Just tested it and 1 and 2 saplings alone don't proc Thunderlord's anymore, so I guess DFT really is the only way to go for support.

It's better to give up the dream of being a gimmick 1 shot bush trap AP support and just be a tanky support that can ward bushs punishingly well, relic shield and stoneborn showing as his highest winrate starts right now with thunder and dft being <50%.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I can't find any analytics site that's updated

op.gg and LoLalytics aren't updated yet

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Mikujin posted:

If it means for even one patch cycle he won't be the undisputed king of the jungle I'm all for it.

I dunno, I think this is a bit more of a community knee-jerk than anything else. Yeah, he's played less and has a very high win rate, but he's unconventional and requires people to have to play a little different. It's like whenever Nunu thrives, the community goes into upheaval because the Lee Sin main can't be bothered to tell his lanes to ward his buffs or just go and steal the invader's buffs or what have you. People don't like being beaten by subversive play so Nunu and Ivern will always be odd ducks in the game that the community wigs out about too much.

As another example, why are shields the new vogue thing to complain about? The complaints about it came outta nowhere

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Servaetes posted:

As another example, why are shields the new vogue thing to complain about? The complaints about it came outta nowhere

I think the strength of Ivern and the rework of BotrK has improved the power of Juggermaw comps and made them easier to put together, which is how people took notice. Lulu came back into popularity around the same time too.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Servaetes posted:

I dunno, I think this is a bit more of a community knee-jerk than anything else. Yeah, he's played less and has a very high win rate, but he's unconventional and requires people to have to play a little different. It's like whenever Nunu thrives, the community goes into upheaval because the Lee Sin main can't be bothered to tell his lanes to ward his buffs or just go and steal the invader's buffs or what have you. People don't like being beaten by subversive play so Nunu and Ivern will always be odd ducks in the game that the community wigs out about too much.

I don't think the idea - nerfing him - is a kneejerk, or unwarranted. Like I said, though, the scope of it is probably a bit much. He clears very quickly, can steal camps extremely easy with next to no real cost, and that made him very, very good. His low pick rate is a symptom of players not wanting to play unconventional picks quite as much (which is fine), but as I mentioned pick rate doesn't justify abnormal strength.

How they fixed the issue, however, is classic Riot rubber band balance. If this is an over-correction, and it probably is, we'll see more tuning relatively quickly.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Mikujin posted:

I don't think the idea - nerfing him - is a kneejerk, or unwarranted. Like I said, though, the scope of it is probably a bit much. He clears very quickly, can steal camps extremely easy with next to no real cost, and that made him very, very good. His low pick rate is a symptom of players not wanting to play unconventional picks quite as much (which is fine), but as I mentioned pick rate doesn't justify abnormal strength.

How they fixed the issue, however, is classic Riot rubber band balance. If this is an over-correction, and it probably is, we'll see more tuning relatively quickly.

I'm more saying they knee-jerk bashed him over the head with a sledgehammer versus tapping him down progressively. There's no denying he was really good, probably still too good, but it's pretty heavy handed. I'll wait it out and see how winrates pan out for champs but I'm pretty sure he's going to take a pretty significant hit.

Of course one of the pro analyst player guys said his nerfs can be corrected with runes and mastery adjustments but I'm not quite so convinced runes or masteries make up for losing a massive chunk of his health to mark a camp, much less take it early on

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/client/client-features/future-plans-client

Riot posted:

General client stability and bugs. We've gotten performance to a pretty good spot in recent months, but we think it's important to keep improving things and squashing bugs. This is work that will probably continue forever—like until Earth is destroyed by a meteor or the release of a new Yorick skin (whichever comes first).

rip

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i really hope on reddit or the league of legends forums or some other random community some yorick stan is genuinely pissed that riot is making fun of the lack of new yorick skins

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

From that article's comments.

I lost it at "Riven main swears his account being permabanned was all a big misunderstanding."

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

The Balding Man is Literally Me

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
http://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/2017/05/dev-on-missions/

Riot is developing a HotS-style mission system that award skins and icons but realistically it'll be Teemo champion shards like 90% of the time

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Firebert posted:

Riot is developing a HotS-style mission system that award skins and icons but realistically it'll be Teemo champion shards like 90% of the time

hell yeah .i love teemo. if i could have anything in the league it would be Extra Teemo

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
In my very first game of league I played teemo. In retrospect I feel like it's equivalent to going straight to dogging as your first sexual experience, something you might enjoy eventually once you've started missionary yi, moved on to doggie graves and eventually grown tired of bdsm zac.

I'm real sorry about this post but not enough to delete it

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I had to make sure dogging wasn't having sex with a dog but apparently it's what weird British people call public sex

My first game was Nocturne because his champ portrait looked like Venom so I said "that looks like something I kind of recognize" and picked

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

el dingo posted:

In my very first game of league I played teemo. In retrospect I feel like it's equivalent to going straight to dogging as your first sexual experience, something you might enjoy eventually once you've started missionary yi, moved on to doggie graves and eventually grown tired of bdsm zac.

I'm real sorry about this post but not enough to delete it

League of Legends Season 6: it's equivalent to going straight to dogging as your first sexual experience,

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

kingcobweb posted:

League of Legends Season 6: it's equivalent to going straight to dogging as your first sexual experience,

League of Legends Season 7: League of Legends Season 6: it's equivalent to going straight to dogging as your first sexual experience,

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Servaetes posted:

Remember when they changed Zilean's ult so the buff only lasted a few seconds? To give more skill depth and reward clutchness or something? Now compare shielding to heals. They're the same thing, only heals cant be precast like shields can.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Servaetes posted:

I'm more saying they knee-jerk bashed him over the head with a sledgehammer versus tapping him down progressively. There's no denying he was really good, probably still too good, but it's pretty heavy handed. I'll wait it out and see how winrates pan out for champs but I'm pretty sure he's going to take a pretty significant hit.

Of course one of the pro analyst player guys said his nerfs can be corrected with runes and mastery adjustments but I'm not quite so convinced runes or masteries make up for losing a massive chunk of his health to mark a camp, much less take it early on

Except they didn't: he's still completely absurd in 7.10 statistically (#1 jungler on lolalytics) and it's because he's got unique outputs from the jungle and keeps all of his strengths, just has to be more careful and is a little more at risk while doing Ivern Things(tm).

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i know this is kind of a meme at this point but i hope that whenever they nerf the support items that are making him intensely annoying to play against that they dont forget they nerfed a totally unrelated thing in iverns kit, since at least part of whats making him annoying is the shield stacking and the support items on a jungle budget (what a wild thing to be saying)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

also my shop is broken as poo poo and stays at a spinning circle or wont let me reveal anything in it

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

they disabled the shops immediately after turning them on

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i am glad riot games is taking a stand against capitalism by taking down the shops. abolish currency. gently caress the borgueoreise.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Firebert posted:

This is a bad idea. Why are they trying to implement achievements now after rightfully realizing that was absolutely retarded in a game like league in season 1.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Methanar posted:

This is a bad idea. Why are they trying to implement achievements now after rightfully realizing that was absolutely retarded in a game like league in season 1.

It's a better idea than random key fragments that cap out to a certain number per month using an arbitrary unknown drop rate and chests that drop once per champion per season. I didn't just make up this idea - it is actually the current system in league of legends.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

probably because hots has been tricking people to play it by giving out overwatch stuff for playing it and they're giving away so much free poo poo that people are going "well i dont really like this game but it sure does make league of legends look stingy as gently caress"

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Hell yes more ways to make people salty when they lose a game

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

njsykora posted:

I lost it at "Riven main swears his account being permabanned was all a big misunderstanding."

Get used to seeing more of that, since Angelblade Riven and Demonblade Yasuo have finally been confirmed.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Good poo poo riot, some fuckin GOOD poo poo. Thanks Ghostcrawler.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my shop is insanely bad with only 20 or 30% off the two good skins. every shop ive ever had has harbinger kassadin in it too because i think riot personally hates me

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!
My shop is still showing a blue circle after initially letting me see what was in it but there were a few nice skins (Pool Party MF, Bewitching Morgana, Satan Teemo, Winter Wonder Karma) at 40-50% off.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
-50% off the only legacy skin I actually wanted on a character I play, noice.

Three other decent skins on the list.

Meowkai. -60%
Pool party zac. -50%
Candy king Ivern -40%

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

wodin posted:

Except they didn't: he's still completely absurd in 7.10 statistically (#1 jungler on lolalytics) and it's because he's got unique outputs from the jungle and keeps all of his strengths, just has to be more careful and is a little more at risk while doing Ivern Things(tm).

I do not think a single day is a good enough sample size, but we'll see.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

-50% off the only legacy skin I actually wanted on a character I play, noice.

Three other decent skins on the list.

Meowkai. -60%
Pool party zac. -50%
Candy king Ivern -40%

Candy King is for pedophiles

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

kingcobweb posted:

Candy King is for pedophiles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1vJQxmGoQU

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Think I did OK?

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Do maokai saplings do bonus damage when placed in Ivern bushes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yes

• Locked thread