Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The android App is a completely different beast made by other people, there's a thread for it here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571717&perpage=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

Is there any way an option to move the side bar to the right on ipad could be added? Left handed here and I loading a different thread with my pinky when scrolling with the index

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

No, unfortunately. It would require a major rework of the app UI, I think. Pokeyman can school me if I'm wrong.

e: if it happens very frequently you could toggle Hide Sidebar In Landscape in settings

carry on then fucked around with this message at 12:30 on May 19, 2017

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Mad Wack posted:

can you wonderful devs add a toggle for the sidebar in an easier spot on the 7 plus landscape view? i had my team throw together a mock-up

You're looking for a dedicated button on that toolbar? Or an option in that little settings popover?

Either way I won't promise a timely resolution but I can add it to the list!

spanky the dolphin posted:

Potential new throbber I made just now:

Could be good for a change?

Ahaha that's beautiful.

carry on then posted:

Odd question: does anybody use the automatic theme switching based on brightness? I'm wondering if it's discoverable enough or if less people actually requested it than I thought, but either way, I'm surprised I haven't heard any complaints/bug reports.

I use it daily, works flawlessly for me.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

Is there any way an option to move the side bar to the right on ipad could be added? Left handed here and I loading a different thread with my pinky when scrolling with the index

No easy way, no. I wouldn't mind bailing on the built-in split view though and if/when that happens it shouldn't be too painful to do this. I'll add it to the list.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

pokeyman posted:

You're looking for a dedicated button on that toolbar? Or an option in that little settings popover?

Either way I won't promise a timely resolution but I can add it to the list!

Ahaha that's beautiful.

I use it daily, works flawlessly for me.

No easy way, no. I wouldn't mind bailing on the built-in split view though and if/when that happens it shouldn't be too painful to do this. I'll add it to the list.

An option in the settings popover - a dedicated button is probably obnoxious

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

voted 5

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I managed to get a negative post count in bookmarks

The Jack Chop Guy
Mar 31, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

jivjov posted:

I managed to get a negative post count in bookmarks

Gotta scope out that pyf thread, woof

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

drat, what's it like living 4 posts in the 😎future😎?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Occasionally I get this error when trying to make a post. I wasn't uploading an image.

This is the error I got when I refreshed the page to see if it made the post anyway. It did.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Zesty posted:

Occasionally I get this error when trying to make a post. I wasn't uploading an image.

This is the error I got when I refreshed the page to see if it made the post anyway. It did.

I think it's obviously because of your bad Star Trek opinions.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The episode was good despite it being Voyager. That's why it was so noteworthy. :(

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

thecluckmeme posted:

Whenever that happens I clear my cache and then force close the app, kinda seems like when my other apps have hard times displaying web pages because my memory is getting filled

Thanks for the pro tip, app was busted as hell since upgrading to my iPhone 7 Plus Wealthy Person Edition.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Zesty posted:

The episode was good despite it being Voyager. That's why it was so noteworthy. :(
I kid, the only Voyager episode I know by the title (apart from the pilot) is Threshold, which is noteworthy for the opposite reason.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
The forum wide stickies don't show up in awful. Not that anyone probably worries about missing them

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Crime on a Dime posted:

The forum wide stickies don't show up in awful. Not that anyone probably worries about missing them

Pretty sure that's a feature and not a bug.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Crime on a Dime posted:

Do you have an example? I never heard of these.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

carry on then posted:

Do you have an example? I never heard of these.

I think they mean the announcements.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Idran posted:

I think they mean the announcements.

Oh yeah those. It's on the list of things to do. Maybe I'll pick it up next.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It might be nice to have them in some sort of collapsible element so you don't force the user to always have to scroll past them. Dare I even say dismiss-able.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Oh definitely, they're not going on the top of every thread list. I'm thinking I might make them their own "forum" on the main list or something equally out of the way. That or accessible from a button on the UINavigationBar but even that seems too invasive given how infrequently they get posted.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Bug report

Trying to go pull for next page on a poor connection (causing the alert “specified hostname could not be found”) will remain on the current page as expected but still increment the page counter at the bottom. This can be done multiple times. Not sure how it behaves after this when connection is restored, I force killed the app expecting that it’d get into a wacky core data state.

iPad mini 4, iOS 11 dev beta 1, connection tethered thru an iPhone 7/iOS 9.latest

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

odd bug. Any one else seen this?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

carry on then posted:

odd bug. Any one else seen this?

What's the bug?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Looks like the app header not receding for the in-call bar?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
would it be possible to have a settings choice as to whether the imgur uploaded images appear in img or timg tags?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

anthonypants posted:

What's the bug?

The "touch to return to call" bar-sized gray at the bottom of the screen. Something isn't positioning right.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Every time I see a post from ArfJason (in the Xbox Shark Tank at least) it messes up my app. Can't see his joined date and get a massive blank white space where his post should be and I can keep scrolling and not see his or the following posts. Have to skip a page.

On iPhone 7 Plus.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Blackfyre posted:

Every time I see a post from ArfJason (in the Xbox Shark Tank at least) it messes up my app. Can't see his joined date and get a massive blank white space where his post should be and I can keep scrolling and not see his or the following posts. Have to skip a page.

On iPhone 7 Plus.

That's because all he ever posts in there anymore is a 1px wide by 30,000px* tall transparent GIF and a mangled catchphrase.

*Not a typo.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

dont be mean to me posted:

That's because all he ever posts in there anymore is a 1px wide by 30,000px* tall transparent GIF and a mangled catchphrase.

*Not a typo.

Oh really? Huh. Assumed it was some kind of bug. That seems pretty lame

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hate to bitch but is there a reason the thread screen refreshes itself like 5 times on slow connections? Is this a side effect of lots of embedded tweets? This happens a lot in cspam (:rip:)

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Refreshes itself or just scrolls to the same post over and over as things move around? It's a bit overzealous with the scroll because loading each embedded tweet fires off a bunch of "finished loading" notifications even though it is not, in fact, finished loading, so I had to have it jump a bunch of times to actually work as intended. I can try to think of a way to corral it better but I'm no DOM master so I'm open to suggestions.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

carry on then posted:

Refreshes itself or just scrolls to the same post over and over as things move around? It's a bit overzealous with the scroll because loading each embedded tweet fires off a bunch of "finished loading" notifications even though it is not, in fact, finished loading, so I had to have it jump a bunch of times to actually work as intended. I can try to think of a way to corral it better but I'm no DOM master so I'm open to suggestions.

It might be that, but I frequently see if the first post contains an embedded tweet itll refresh link -> embed -> link -> embed several times if I'm on a spotty connection

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

feature request: more energy efficient

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Mad Wack posted:

Solution: Read better threads

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Mad Wack posted:

Turn off images and tweets. There's not much we can do to make a 100 animated gifs run better except to get rid of them.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

On a related note, how's that .mp4 and .gifv support coming along? :haw:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Stare-Out posted:

On a related note, how's that .mp4 and .gifv support coming along? :haw:

I don't know, I thought we couldn't until Apple added support for those in UIWebView.

carry on then fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jun 20, 2017

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

all i read is the trump thread 24/7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

New bug report! (Had to read a bunch of threads to catch up.)

iPad 10.5" Pro, 10.3.4, Awful thread with Picture in Picture (running Plex if it matters.)

Touch is 'janky'.

Scrolling a thread up and down jitters a lot.

Trying to select a thread from the list view is hit or miss, sometimes doesn't register touches sometmies the wrong thread is selected.

Location of where the PIP is matters for how this is effected. I think something in the new size + PIP is causing weird misscalculations. I've noticed something similar in a Unity game where if PIP was on the right, then a touch on the right registered several inches lower than where it really touched (Maybe trying to subtract the PIP window size.)

My 'workaround' is to basically constantly move the PIP window based on where I'm reading / scrolling / tapping but it's pretty egregious.

Anyone else seeing this?

• Locked thread