Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Merchants, live the D.R.E.A.M. (Dinars Rule Everything Around Me)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

Switching to the merchants. We have a relatively limited period in which we have sole access to the rich Caribbean, let's make the most of it. Colonize, let our new sultan build up the military tech, then once we're closer to parity we can get more aggressive.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

I'll remain with the Taifas, however I will note that the cooperation shown between us and the League of Merchants worked out quite well, and I would encourage it to continue.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
What's our northern fort situation looking like?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I remain with the League of Merchants.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Flavius Belisarius posted:

What's our northern fort situation looking like?

We have fortresses in Lisbon, Salamanka, Toledo and Valencia.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Hey Hashim, can we please get an update of the world soon? I am especially interested to know what happened to the regions of the world that we voted on. I'm a little confused how we are the first colonial power when West Africa started off with colonies in the New World. Did they not expand their holdings at all?

I'm also rooting for the Red Turbans because their successful Korean invasion is awesome and hope that they will successfully reunify China soon.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016
Could we get a religion map of Our little neck of the woods? Considering Ulma vs Tafia depending

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Snipee posted:

Hey Hashim, can we please get an update of the world soon? I am especially interested to know what happened to the regions of the world that we voted on. I'm a little confused how we are the first colonial power when West Africa started off with colonies in the New World. Did they not expand their holdings at all?

I'm also rooting for the Red Turbans because their successful Korean invasion is awesome and hope that they will successfully reunify China soon.

Yeah, I should probably do one soon, I've been holding off mostly because terra incognita is hiding most of East Asia right now. Mali did start with an African colony in the New World, but they got destroyed in a very early war with Ghana, so the colony broke away and became independent (Faaninu).

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hey Hashim, could you post a religion map? I kinda want to see how well the crusaders are doing at converting the levant.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Hashim, can you give us the diplomatic situation of our iberian neighbors? Alliances, guarantees, etc.

Also, great job on the war with Italy.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Here's a religion map:

Frionnel posted:

Hashim, can you give us the diplomatic situation of our iberian neighbors? Alliances, guarantees, etc.

Aragon is allies to us and guaranteed by Castille. Castille is allied to England and France, and it leads a PU over Leon. Galicia has nothing.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hashim posted:

Here's a religion map:

Aragon is allies to us and guaranteed by Castille. Castille is allied to England and France, and it leads a PU over Leon. Galicia has nothing.

The reformation is gonna be so funny in this timeline :allears:

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Hashim posted:

Yeah, I should probably do one soon, I've been holding off mostly because terra incognita is hiding most of East Asia right now. Mali did start with an African colony in the New World, but they got destroyed in a very early war with Ghana, so the colony broke away and became independent (Faaninu).

The loss of that colony actually sounds extremely realistic. And no rush on the world update... You have been doing a great job with the LP!

And oh my, Crusader Egypt does not gently caress around. Here is to hoping that they implode soon because they are blobbing hard and converting Muslim provinces faster than I thought was possible. I did not even expect them to survive this long. I wonder how faithful Muslims would try to journey to Mecca in this timeline with more and more of the Middle East's Mediterranean coastline and all of the land routes through the Sinai peninsula falling under control of the crusaders.

Snipee fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 19, 2017

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Tally so far:

– Lord Cyrahzax, the JJ, Grizzwold, ThatBasqueGuy, Crazycryodude, RZApublican, catlord.

– Soup du Jour, Mountaineer, Snipee, Slaan.

– Archaeology Hat, Technowolf, WilliamAnderson, Merchants, Yessod, Bloody Pom.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

We must remain vigilant

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

I join the Taifas for Conquest!

MuteAllison
Nov 16, 2013

Though merchants pride themselves on their greed and dreams of faraway lands, the enemy beside us is near and present as Islam retreats across the world. We must remain strong!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I'm still a merchant because gold is pretty.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

I remain with the League of Merchants.

LordGugs
Oct 16, 2012
It is now time for the Ulama to rise to prominence in our lands.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Hashim posted:

Galicia has nothing.

Hey fellow Majlis, pay attention to this thing right here. Time for some risk free conquest.

Duey
Sep 5, 2004

Hi
Nap Ghost

I remain with the Ulama.

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

There be corundium up in them thar asteroids!!!

Joining the Merchants.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Iberia must be unified.

And we need our Corsica for Muslim Napoleon.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Hashim, can we get a tech map? I want to see our tech vs. the Christians before choosing a side.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Looking at these two maps side by side made me realize that we really haven't grown our borders much at all since the start of EU4 relative to the craziness of North Africa, Middle East, Central Asia, and Northeast Asia. I'm going to stay with the Ulama because someone needs to keep nagging everyone else to convert the infidels, but the Taifas' goal of aggressive expansion is not a bad one.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014

I remain a merchant. I still want that sea route to Mecca.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Im sticking with the League. Why change a winning formula?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

I remain with the Ulama, as I always shall. Though I must warn against dealings with the Dhimmi, lest it escapes.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
It doesn't concern us yet, but that Muscovy is going to be awfully formidable one of these days.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

TildeATH posted:

Iberia must be unified.

And we need our Corsica for Muslim Napoleon.

People spent all that time talking about how Islamic America had already been done, and yet Zuhriman is forgotten.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sticking to my guns, which I point at the North.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

War is good for business.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug

theres a time for boats and money

and theres a time for DEATH

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Join the Ulama, people. We need to convert those Christian provinces.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Mountaineer posted:

Join the Ulama, people. We need to convert those Christian provinces.

Let us collect a few more, first.

Also, we've conquered the Vatican so many times we should really install a Jizrunid the next time.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

TildeATH posted:

Let us collect a few more, first.

The Ulama are pro-war and pro-family.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

I stand with the Taifas.

The time is now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Switching to the Taifas. Time to conquer some fools at home and across the oceans :getin:

And eventually cause a huge coalition against ourselves.