Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Mustang posted:

Unless you're going on leave or just got a raise, why the gently caress else would you be on mypay, particularly enough to be all "gently caress mypay".

Such a weird detail to throw into his fake marine bullshit

Let me tell you about someone named IDR...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Soulex posted:

Let me tell you about someone named IDR...

That's literally what he was talking about

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Pesticide20 posted:

That's literally what he was talking about

I'm high

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Soulex posted:

I'm high

Me too!

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I was dropped from a 250ft tower today at FT Benning and the landing was loving terrible. I hit my head, did somersaults, got dragged and had risers wrap around my neck.

It was loving awesome.

Airborne school is awesome and I am just gushing with motivation for monday's jump.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Vahakyla posted:

I was dropped from a 250ft tower today at FT Benning and the landing was loving terrible. I hit my head, did somersaults, got dragged and had risers wrap around my neck.

It was loving awesome.

Airborne school is awesome and I am just gushing with motivation for monday's jump.

Quoting this for you to read in 30 years.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vahakyla posted:

It was loving awesome.

:laffo:

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

And so the cycle continues.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Every joint in my body is laughing at you while they punish me.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Vahakyla posted:

It was loving awesome.

I had at least 2 concussions there, enjoy your brainpan getting rattled!

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Honestly glad I didn't go through with the airborne part of my contract and went straight infantry. Mechanized was much kinder to my knees and back.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
It's all so worth it.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
also 82ND HOOOOAHHHHHHHH *gargles cum and pretends airborne is still relevant in this century*

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Ironically after five years of airborne my knees and back are fine, but my shoulder is jacked up.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mike-o posted:

also 82ND HOOOOAHHHHHHHH *gargles cum and pretends airborne is still relevant in this century*

When I was in Italy we were painfully aware of the fact that Airborne is a loving joke and almost nobody took the idea of jumping seriously beyond trying not to die. When I was at Bragg it felt like the opposite was true.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

When I was in Alaska it was just that thing that you did every three months to get that sweet airborne pay. Snow makes for a good landing. Permafrost is like hitting tarmac.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Y'all mother fuckers are dumb.

Being out is so great.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I liked being light infantry

E: at least more than being a loving Bradley gunner

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Aranan posted:

Y'all mother fuckers are dumb.

Being out is so great.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Vahakyla posted:

It's all so worth it.

I am so thankful that I'm not this gullible anymore.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

DoktorLoken posted:

gently caress, I just found out that my 1SG while I was mobilized in 2014-2015 died. He was legit an awesome dude.

Sorry dude. What happened?

Coupon
Jun 12, 2002

Vahakyla posted:

It was loving awesome.

At this point I'm pretty sure you're some recruiter's troll account.

Jesus loving christ. I am literally going to pull my DD-214 out of a filing cabinet tonight just to loving touch it.

I'm glad you're finding joy in it, but holy poo poo. I'm now straining to remember where I was on the motard scale compared to you (I last jumped in the 90s).

Coupon
Jun 12, 2002

The Rat posted:

I am so thankful that I'm not this gullible anymore.

Dude, your pictures which you posted from deployments with your giant rear end smile doing crazy poo poo like learning to shoot from a moving vehicle or whatever (if I remember that correctly, you had some SF types show you some poo poo) demonstrated the proper level of motivated.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Jump School will be the last time jumping is remotely close to "fun".

Wait until 0300 formations for a 1000 jump, only to sit in the Pax Shed until 1400. Then blowing out one knee or both on a Hollywood jump. Or being told five minutes before hook up to avoid the triple strand at Grid Reference gently caress Yourself.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Coupon posted:

Dude, your pictures which you posted from deployments with your giant rear end smile doing crazy poo poo like learning to shoot from a moving vehicle or whatever (if I remember that correctly, you had some SF types show you some poo poo) demonstrated the proper level of motivated.

Oh no, they just took me out into the desert for their deployment-end spendex and I got to shoot some neat poo poo. Mainly because I had hooked them up with some weapon parts they need. That was more gently caress THESE GUNS ARE COOL than it was HOOAH ARMY MOTIVATED.

I got to try the Hot Carl :kimchi:

And an MG3

And a Barrett

And a bunch of other neat poo poo, but my face is visible in those and I'd rather not post those anymore.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Zeris posted:

Sorry dude. What happened?

No idea, just heard. Not really any details yet.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Early Iraq must have been fun as poo poo for an 18/19 year old with no concept of mortality. Just shoot some guns in the desert, run your tank over some random cars, and steal a bunch of poo poo from one Saddam's palaces before making a getaway in your soft sided HMMWV.

In Afghanistan, you couldn't even call in indirect fire on dudes legit shooting at you without getting approval from a 2 star.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

bulletsponge13 posted:

Jump School will be the last time jumping is remotely close to "fun".

Wait until 0300 formations for a 1000 jump, only to sit in the Pax Shed until 1400. Then blowing out one knee or both on a Hollywood jump. Or being told five minutes before hook up to avoid the triple strand at Grid Reference gently caress Yourself.

You're missing the part where you're waiting in the shed for 6 hours with your nuts/shoulders being crushed, while having to piss like a Russian prostitute onto the president's face, and then the jump gets scratched, so you have to do the whole thing over again the next week.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

A Bad Poster posted:

You're missing the part where you're waiting in the shed for 6 hours with your nuts/shoulders being crushed, while having to piss like a Russian prostitute onto the president's face, and then the jump gets scratched, so you have to do the whole thing over again the next week.

Or when you go through all of that and finally get loaded on the plane, but you sit on the ramp for three hours before the Air Force says that there's a malfunction with that particular plane so you have to deplane. But there's still a chance that you can jump on a later flight and since you've already been inspected you have to stay in your harness and wait another two hours before the weather gets worse and ends up cancelling the rest of the jumps for the day.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

psydude posted:

Early Iraq must have been fun as poo poo for an 18/19 year old with no concept of mortality. Just shoot some guns in the desert, run your tank over some random cars, and steal a bunch of poo poo from one Saddam's palaces before making a getaway in your soft sided HMMWV.

In Afghanistan, you couldn't even call in indirect fire on dudes legit shooting at you without getting approval from a 2 star.

can confirm, also early Afghanistan (2005, at least) was loving awesome when you weren't on a brigade+ fob and was way better than iraq even then

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Vahakyla posted:

It was loving awesome.

gently caress you

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
man I remember at Polk we had the 509 or 501st or some dumb lame AB unit there and I"d be on staff duty doing my checks on motor pool gates and at like 2am you'd start seeing people standing in the gathering area for a jump.. then like four hours later they'd still be there like all loving night. fuuuuck all that poo poo

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Vahakyla gets to do jumps in Italy. That's a special kind of airborne hell.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
~gIMME SOME OF DAT GRUNT poo poo

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
My army bff was 82nd airborne leet sniper dude and he's like 30 and has to get new hips lol

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

I was talking to some random dude here the other day, he was like a PFC who's been in for a year maybe, and he was saying "don't you get like 30% disability just for being airborne?" That's how far the stigma has gotten.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

A Bad Poster posted:

When I was in Alaska it was just that thing that you did every three months to get that sweet airborne pay. Snow makes for a good landing. Permafrost is like hitting tarmac.

September jumps were the loving worst. Frozen ground but no snow. We'd always get a handful of nasty injuries.

And then a year later we'd do it all over again, having learned precisely nothing, because look at what thread you're in

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

In retrospect I'm pretty glad to be a five jump chump, simply by the twist of fate of the 501st being in Afghanistan when I arrived in Alaska and being assigned to the Strykers instead.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm glad I drove everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coupon
Jun 12, 2002

The Rat posted:

Cool pictures.
These are great and that must have been a highlight. Thanks for sharing again.