Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I can't imagine this game being fun for any periods of time. I'm pretty sure this game has been in multiple mario party games and paying full price for a slow as poo poo version is bleh.

I mean hell Kirby 64 has a game mode similar to it that looks a lot more fun.

Yeah it looks pretty weak. Too bad since Nintendo's eShop only games have been pretty good lately. I want that tank one on Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Just realized the entire E3 show will be Arms and Splatoon and Odyssey, then the last second will be Pikachu and I'll quietly tell myself I'm old and don't know what that is, but because it's a Switch game I'll buy it and become a pokersmen person.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
you forgot super mario world

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I would put good money on a Smash Bros Deluxe announcement.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Give it time. Once they add Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Vudu, YouTube, etc. support the whole thing will go to poo poo like all UI's.

I feel in the minority by not caring for that stuff. I have a smart phone, I don't need another Netflix device. I'd rather have the snappy UI.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

I would put good money on a Smash Bros Deluxe announcement.

I dunno, I think it'll be a new Smash Bros if anything. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was a pretty blatant stall for time with getting 'proper' new games ready. It certainly could happen, but I really doubt it because they'll want to get the crazy-obsessive players sunk into their shiny new version for the lifespan of the console.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Cool! Too bad it turns out (just got home) my monitor doesn't even have an HDMI input so I literally can't plug the Switch into it. drat me.

I used one of these to accomplish that

It works good

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Should I get Thumper or Tumbleseed? Which one are people having more fun with?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Ahh yes, the unfinished game in Early Access is what you want to compare other games to in regards to performance.

Yes an early access game that runs like poo poo is more fun than a bunch of AAA 100 fps titles

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 01:21 on May 26, 2017

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Probably Thumper.

Everything about Tumbleseed sounds/seems great except for how the gameplay is basically like 24/7 tense thumbed stick microadjustments.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

All of ever hear about tumbleseed is it's hard as gently caress and not in a good way.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'd go with Thumper unless you aren't good at rhythm games because it gets really drat hard. It's a really good port as well and makes great use of the HD Rumble.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Other games mentioned during the NYANdie stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpFXydY1K8khttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUbzC5fX0t4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-IBbD93TKIhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHqCVwf9KN0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nyp8-LuQkghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xZs-USDfwc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlIHq3pLwTU

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Owlboy and VC on the Switch is making me most hype, especially if Earthbound comes to it. This is a very good console. Oasis being on my radar now is excellent.

Thank you based Nintendo for making the Switch.

E: those indies! :swoon:

NewFatMike fucked around with this message at 05:41 on May 19, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I love love love how well the Switch is being supported by indies that you'd traditionally only see on the PS4/Xbone :allears:

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I've been having fun with thumper so far and I like how intense it can feel at times

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I dunno, I think it'll be a new Smash Bros if anything. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was a pretty blatant stall for time with getting 'proper' new games ready. It certainly could happen, but I really doubt it because they'll want to get the crazy-obsessive players sunk into their shiny new version for the lifespan of the console.

Idoubt it, smash 4 has been out for two and a half years ago. Sakurai then worked with the DLC for another year and finally got some rest. You Could start a new Smash and have it in 3 more years minimum or have Smash for Switch so all the 3DS owners feel the graphical jump.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Idoubt it, smash 4 has been out for two and a half years ago. Sakurai then worked with the DLC for another year and finally got some rest. You Could start a new Smash and have it in 3 more years minimum or have Smash for Switch so all the 3DS owners feel the graphical jump.

New Smash 4 amiibo are coming out in July so it would be weird if those came out after a Smash 5 was announced at E3. It'll definitely be Smash 4 Switch and I'm happy with that if it combines features from both and adds a few new characters, stages and music tracks.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Thumper is visually intense and a rhythm game so it boils down to pattern memorization at its core. Tumbleseed is really chill in presentation but pretty hardcore in it's gameplay. It has some fun risk/reward bits and is punishing. I think they both compliment each other pretty well honestly. I will say Tumbleseed feels really good in portable mode and thumper really benefits from like a big immersive screen and nice headphones/speakers.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I just wanna gush about Binding of Isaac for a lil bit. I'm still surprised that I've gotten so much mileage out of this lovely-looking game that takes place entirely in Zelda 1 dungeon format. It's really turned me around on the concept of indie games, and at a great time too, since the Switch seems to be getting overloaded with almost nothing but indies. I've enjoyed a small handful of indie games over the past 5 years, but none of them were enough to convince me that some indie games can actually be pretty good.

I'm at that point in Isaac that separates the men from the boys... checklist to Platinum God...

- A few random hard clears with a few characters
- Like 200 coins to the Greed machine to unlock The Keeper and do all of his poo poo
- The Lost: Mega Satan, Delirium, Hush, Greed, Greedier (welp) (gonna have to cheese this with the most OP victory lap ever/never)
- Challenges: Onan's Streak, Brains!, Ultra Hard (welp again, not looking forward to any of these. Anti-fun.)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I love Isaac and got Platinum God in the original flash version but the thought of doing it again for this one makes me ill.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Invalid Validation posted:

All of ever hear about tumbleseed is it's hard as gently caress and not in a good way.

Which is sad, because everything else about it kind of has that "Special sauce" you like to see in a quality indie game.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

enojy posted:

I just wanna gush about Binding of Isaac for a lil bit. I'm still surprised that I've gotten so much mileage out of this lovely-looking game that takes place entirely in Zelda 1 dungeon format. It's really turned me around on the concept of indie games, and at a great time too, since the Switch seems to be getting overloaded with almost nothing but indies. I've enjoyed a small handful of indie games over the past 5 years, but none of them were enough to convince me that some indie games can actually be pretty good.

I'm at that point in Isaac that separates the men from the boys... checklist to Platinum God...

- Like 200 coins to the Greed machine to unlock The Keeper and do all of his poo poo
- The Lost: Mega Satan, Delirium, Hush, Greed, Greedier (welp) (gonna have to cheese this with the most OP victory lap ever/never)
- Challenges: Onan's Streak, Brains!, Ultra Hard (welp again, not looking forward to any of these. Anti-fun.)

Come to the Isaac thread. It's a good game

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

enojy posted:

Just :lol: if you're not gaming the system by leaving the majority of challenges until later and just rocking about with Anzus and Jera

Mannnnn gently caress trying to unlock The Lost though. Can never get that drat poster to drop.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Man, I hope Owlboy is coming out soon, I just stocked up on eshop credit and it looks fantastic. Heard it was great on PC so hoping for a good port.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

that ivy guy posted:

Come to the Isaac thread. It's a good game

How is this title different than the poorly optimized flash version that got released on Steam like 6 years ago? I bought it and had fun for a few hours but the response to "Why is there no controller support?" was "Use JoytoKey lol" and I never kept up with what happened after that.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

How is this title different than the poorly optimized flash version that got released on Steam like 6 years ago? I bought it and had fun for a few hours but the response to "Why is there no controller support?" was "Use JoytoKey lol" and I never kept up with what happened after that.

They completely rebuilt the game to not use flash and fixed all those issues.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
It was real hosed up they never made a Pokemon Safari 2 for the WiiU, they NEED to rectify this issue with the Switch which is even more perfect for it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Infinitum posted:

They completely rebuilt the game to not use flash and fixed all those issues.

And it added a poo poo ton of content as well. This version on Switch includes everything the Flash one has plus three more expansions worth of stuff.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah Platinum God in the original version is only like 1/10th of the way to what Platinum God is now.

I hope Antibirth becomes an official expansaion at some point, because I just want more Isaac

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
The leaves of trees can block rain, and if they're near a cliff, you can climb it as if it were dry. :allears:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

This is my first time playing it, but afaik, they rebuilt the game to be really stable at 60FPS (most of the time,) added a ton of items (there's over 700 now) and probably a lot more bosses, endings, new floors, challenges, and Greed/Greedier mode. Maybe new music, too? I really like the music.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I also saw Hollow Knight on that stream. That looked like it would make a good Switch game.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
i would highly recommend thumper, the war beats and constant barrage of poo poo are pretty intense. i keep having to loosen my grip on the controller every few checkpoints.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Sam Faust posted:

I also saw Hollow Knight on that stream. That looked like it would make a good Switch game.

Its coming to the Switch at some point but I don't think it has a release date beyond "2017".

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Can we please stop the weird posts about fictional characters/sexualising them.
This thread in particular really seems to like it. It's rarely funny, but is creepy. I'd really appreciate this, thank you.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

VideoGames posted:

Can we please stop the weird posts about fictional characters/sexualising them.
This thread in particular really seems to like it. It's rarely funny, but is creepy. I'd really appreciate this, thank you.

I definitely feel some sort of way about it but can't really put a finger on it. It's kind of funny and charming because it's just a slightly large rear end in tight pants, and way worse has been going on for many years on other consoles... but yea, it's creepy too. I appreciate an Al Pacino GUHRRREAT rear end as much as the next guy, but it just feels out of place to me. Kind of like how people fetishize Splatoon stuff.

Actually, I have no idea why anyone even cares, since Bayonetta 1 & 2 already came out on a Nintendo console a few years ago, and those games were wayyyy more sexualized than this ARMS character... but I tend to forget that only two dozen people owned Wii Us and maybe a fourth of that population actually played Bayonetta 2.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Nintendo just following the old "sex sells" marketing maxim. I think people have commented enough of it anyway, the only ones left are the obsessional weirdos.

Sexualising inklings is just wrong tho'. They just wanna be fresh.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rexroom posted:

They just wanna be fresh.

Also telling people to go gently caress themselves

https://twitter.com/ffdek/status/859400280345120769

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Overbite posted:

Anyone know if usb wifi dongles work on the switch? I'm getting 0 down 4 up from 10 feet away when every other device I own works fine. It's crazy.

Try switching the router's channel width from 2ghz to 5ghz, or vice versa? That gave me a solid connection, but rendered some oft he older phones in the house unusable, since they don't support 5ghz.

If you want to play anything but PPT in multiplayer, then you may as well get the LAN adapter, since it's required to both have fun, and to not ruin the fun of anyone else you play against.

• Locked thread