Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Lurdiak posted:

Yowza, I missed that one.

Here's the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I found an Unironically Good Cartoon:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Donny Two Scoops

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Is there an actual anecdote about two scoops, or is it just a joke about what a child he is?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Pants Donkey posted:

Is there an actual anecdote about two scoops, or is it just a joke about what a child he is?

The anecdote is that Trump gets two scoops of ice cream with his cake while other White House people get one.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Pants Donkey posted:

Apparently trump instructed the white house kitchens to give him two scoops of ice cream and everybody else one

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Pants Donkey posted:

This thing.

It's a bit too on the nose as a metaphor for how he treats the country, but he said it himself, so...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Crosspostin'

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Oh my good lord.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Alright i looked through 10 pages and didn't see this one so.

I...I don't think that's how the metaphor works.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

a kitten posted:

Sneaky Obama in the shadows there lol.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

What?

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Y'know, the neoconservative no-spin bubble

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

jesus

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

a kitten posted:

This is several months old I believe

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yea it's old but the misuse of the phrase "Witch Hunt" is still funny to me.

Edit:

vv I don't have that much faith in Branco.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 19, 2017

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

It's...pretty clearly a joke? Like it's actually one of the funnier jokes that Branco has done I don't get how anybody is missing such a simple thing?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ularg posted:

Yea it's old but the misuse of the phrase "Witch Hunt" is still funny to me.

Edit:

vv I don't have that much faith in Branco.

No it's pretty clear he means that the democrats are the real witches hunting poor ol' Trumpy. It's too heavy handed to debate it. It's basically a more subtle version of all those "Donkey say Trump bad while more bad on Hillary side" cartoons that Ramirez keeps making.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Yeah the Branco is not a joke. Anyone but Branco I might believe it, but Branco is living human poo poo, so it really just means "they're evil witches".

He looks like some snarky, edgy comic book antihero from the SPAWN era who probably dual-wields giant pistols.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
"They're evil witches" is exactly what the joke is. Unless the joke is that goons pretend not to understand the most heavy handed humor possible.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
branco had an accompanying post with that comic which detailed that it wasn't a joke. stop being willfully dense.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

Trogdos! posted:

old hickory yells at cloud

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Broken Loose posted:

branco had an accompanying post with that comic which detailed that it wasn't a joke. stop being willfully dense.

ComicallyIncorrect.com posted:

Are the media and democrats on a witch hunt, or are the witches on a Trump hunt?

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

This is more infuriating than almost any other artist. Yes Stallie, it is the progressives who float around without a moral compass while the grounded forward thinking Republicans know the way forward.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

Strange but true!

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Garrand posted:

It's...pretty clearly a joke? Like it's actually one of the funnier jokes that Branco has done I don't get how anybody is missing such a simple thing?

Remember that the core premise of the phrase "witch hunt" is that witches don't exist. Still, this actually is one of the more inspired Brancos. That gently caress is the epitome of wingnut welfare and would never have been able to become a working cartoonist if people weren't just paying him to have the​ right bad opinions.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

That flew very low for a story about how senior Republicans believed Donald Trump was a traitor before he got the nomination and the Speaker of the House ordered a cover-up.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Happy Friday! Now to make it unhappy with early morning toons.

drat YOU, MEDIA :argh:

Such deep commentary.

I'm the President, gotta love me.

I hope that tie gets longer with every cartoon :allears:

meh

Bennett will be hearing from Branco's lawyers.

Even Tinsley does sources better than that.

It's the return of Dark Obama!

Looking forward to seeing them bring back "You didn't build that."

Yessss.....go down with the ship :unsmigghh:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

How is anybody who isn't masochistic enough to follow Branco regularly supposed to know that that's supposed to look like Obama

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

cheetah7071 posted:

How is anybody who isn't masochistic enough to follow Branco regularly supposed to know that that's supposed to look like Obama

The third term comment and the big ears work well enough.

Plus he is black.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Pants Donkey posted:

Yessss.....go down with the ship :unsmigghh:

can we take bets for how many cartoonists will still be following trump after a literal impeachment

Garrison is a dead cert, Branco too probably, Ramirez we'll never know because he'll just start drawing nothing but Hillary Clinton

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
By what possible metric?
I mean let's assume for a moment in this hypothetical universe Branco is 100% right and there's a magical mystical not-Illuminati "Deep State" led by Barack Obama(???) running the show, and big strong Trump is hounded by them.
In what loving way is this a good "third term" for Obama? What's possibly good about any of this? What successes or upsides are there to speak of? Who benefits? Is it just some playground thing where whoever holds on the longest gets the most points? Because Deep State Obama sure isn't having any luck pushing his agenda through, that's for sure.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Oh Branco, how are you so bad at your job? There are first year Penny Arcade strips with more dynamic poses than that, I have no idea what Trump is supposed to be doing with his hands (or where his thumb is), and his way of drawing even The Good Guy with misaligned crazy eyes and a permanent scowl is just precious.

Plus it looks like Trump is literally afraid of his own shadow.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
Oh, good, conservatives are going with the "Dolchstosselegende." This can only end well.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

"I'm having a great third term," Dark Obama said as the House passed a bill destroying the cornerstone of his legacy.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
Not gonna lie, I am really looking forward to the day that all these retarded cartoonists are made to eat crow after the Russia collusion thing turns out to be an actual, real thing.

That said if Ramirez still has a job I doubt there will be a reckoning like this, but my would it be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

du -hast posted:

Not gonna lie, I am really looking forward to the day that all these retarded cartoonists are made to eat crow after the Russia collusion thing turns out to be an actual, real thing.

That said if Ramirez still has a job I doubt there will be a reckoning like this, but my would it be nice.

Angepain posted:

can we take bets for how many cartoonists will still be following trump after a literal impeachment

Garrison is a dead cert, Branco too probably, Ramirez we'll never know because he'll just start drawing nothing but Hillary Clinton

Yeah I can't see all of them finally admitting that it wasn't just sour grapes from Dems and that yes, Trump is dirty. The ones that do will make sure to include BUT HILLARY IS WORSE!!!! next to Trump going down in flames. Maybe a sinister Obama looming in the shadows.

• Locked thread