Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Is it too late to ask for a refund

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

hope you're all having a joyous may 19th or thereabouts out there

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

So it's dead at this point. I mean I even had a dream where it was canceled. I thought it might come out 4/13 but we're a clean month past.

Ah whatever. Bye again forever Homestuck.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Black August posted:

So it's dead at this point. I mean I even had a dream where it was canceled. I thought it might come out 4/13 but we're a clean month past.

Ah whatever. Bye again forever Homestuck.

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Clawtopsy posted:

The last official word on release was January for Dashcon: the Game

January 2017, it's important that you include the year.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Car boys is like if homestuck wasn't dogshit.

That's my recommendation, bye!

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, Vriska and the fat dangerous blob do have some similarities.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Car boys is dead

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Griffin McElroy does good stuff and what of his I've seen comes highly recommended.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plom Bar posted:

Griffin McElroy does good stuff and what of his I've seen comes highly recommended.

Yeah, The Adventure Zone is really good and so is Monster Factory.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Watched the first 12 episodes of Car Boys and I'm enthralled

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Car boys is like if homestuck wasn't dogshit.

That's my recommendation, bye!

I want to hear the explanation of this.

I like both those things, and I think I know what your reasonings are, but I want to hear it from you because I think you are cool and smart.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

life_source posted:

I want to hear the explanation of this.

I like both those things, and I think I know what your reasonings are, but I want to hear it from you because I think you are cool and smart.

I mean it's a postmodernist multimedia experience that influences and is influenced by its fandom, that starts out as an otherwise inconsequential goof in a video game before delving into this multiverse-spanning lore that is more or less made up as it goes along. The comparisons write themselves.

It just ends well and nick and griffin aren't replaced by knack and griffon, 14-year-old Youtube lets players who have some real spicy opinions about feminism, for forty goddamned episodes.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Busto makes me feel good.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Samurai Jack finale spoilers: Man that's some bush-league time travel poo poo, son. Samurai John just blithly retconning a timeline out of existence then getting ambushed by the Grandfather Paradox, A.K.A. Oldest Trick In The Time-Book, that's mad basic. Ashi even dies like a beta-Timeline visitor, complete with weird delayed mortality effect.

All I'm saying is Dave woulda run rings around Aku.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
that only serves to remind me dave's gradual realization that he can't actually do poo poo all was really good

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

gotta get back

or not, who gives a poo poo?

samurai dave

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

ArfJason posted:

that only serves to remind me dave's gradual realization that he can't actually do poo poo all was really good

i can't even remember if this was a thing post-retjohn

thats probably a good thing, hamsteak is fading from my mind

Dolash posted:

gotta get back

or not, who gives a poo poo?

samurai dave

much like homestuck it ended it dumb relationship stuff and the main character seeming to be in a state of ennui instead of the cool and funny characters, like equius or the scotsman

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Clawtopsy posted:

i can't even remember if this was a thing post-retjohn

thats probably a good thing, hamsteak is fading from my mind

happens entirely throghout the comic, and comes to its most pronounced in the pre retcon comet convos, if memory serves right.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

all i can recall about it was that he refused to do poo poo prior to the retjohn to the extent he died, then post retjohn he was timing all over the place

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Clawtopsy posted:

much like homestuck it ended it dumb relationship stuff and the main character seeming to be in a state of ennui instead of the cool and funny characters, like equius or the scotsman

Can't wait for negative fan responses to drive Genndy to release a slideshow of Jack's uncomfortable transition back to a 'normal' life of royalty where he feels cut off and estranged from every meaningful relationship he forged over his adventure, ending with Future Aku sending him taunting snapchats from the alternate timeline where he's torturing the Scotsman's ghost.

This is my new thing by the way I'm just going to relate the faults in every other piece of media I consume back to Homestuck for the rest of my life. "This series finale to Game of Thrones really failed to deliver on the audience's series-long investment in its vast cast of characters, much like Homestuck" - a post from the future.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

sounds like you're stuck

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Homestuckstuck

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Are you saying the ends... are always bad???

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

I finally got around to watching the Car Boys finale and can confirm that it tells a better multimedia story than Homestuck did

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Dolash posted:

Can't wait for negative fan responses to drive Genndy to release a slideshow of Jack's uncomfortable transition back to a 'normal' life of royalty where he feels cut off and estranged from every meaningful relationship he forged over his adventure, ending with Future Aku sending him taunting snapchats from the alternate timeline where he's torturing the Scotsman's ghost.

This is my new thing by the way I'm just going to relate the faults in every other piece of media I consume back to Homestuck for the rest of my life. "This series finale to Game of Thrones really failed to deliver on the audience's series-long investment in its vast cast of characters, much like Homestuck" - a post from the future.

:same: but unironically

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

You guys are weird this thread is weird

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
No kiddin

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Keep Beach City Homestuck thread weird?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Heres a better idea: close it. Its over.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
hot take: Vriska did nothing wrong

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
So there was just a kickstarter email that very conspicuously doesn't mention the game's current status, or even acknowledge it as an issue. It was so bad I thought maybe the game actually came out and I just missed it somehow.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

It was one of the promised dev team interviews and it was fine.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

So there was just a kickstarter email that very conspicuously doesn't mention the game's current status, or even acknowledge it as an issue. It was so bad I thought maybe the game actually came out and I just missed it somehow.

Or even a release date still. Truly Hussie's longest troll of his fanbase.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

subpar anachronism posted:

Or even a release date still. Truly Hussie's longest troll of his fanbase.

poo poo thought you said largest troll and was primed to make a Vriska joke

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Dolash posted:

I'm pretty sure Game of Thrones is going to end exactly like Homestuck did... with everyone dying horribly while nothing gets accomplished and the bad guys gleefully win.

Only without the RetJohn.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

poo poo thought you said largest troll and was primed to make a Vriska joke

Do it anyways, there's always more room for fat Vriska jokes.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I'm pretty sure Game of Thrones is going to end exactly like Homestuck did... with everyone dying horribly while nothing gets accomplished and the bad guys gleefully win.

Do it anyways, there's always more room for fat Vriska jokes.

Not when she's around there isn't.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

SatansBestBuddy posted:

There's still room for Jon to retcon the timeline at the pivotal battle of Robert and Rhaegar that brings everyone back to life and short-circuits the central conflict but leaves him alienated from all his prior relationships, including alternate version of his father who doesn't know him at all. And every so often he gets a raven from the Night's King taunting him to come up North of the Wall and finish their showdown already.

Honestly there's still a nonzero chance the plot's going to end with the White Walkers destroying the world and Bran using his tree-god time powers to change history, wiping the whole plot up to that point, so this isn't even a joke.

Daius posted:

I finally got around to watching the Car Boys finale and can confirm that it tells a better multimedia story than Homestuck did

I watched the first one and a half episodes of Car Boys and so far as I can tell it's just another youtube game streamer show about guys who like smashing cars? Am I missing something here?

If it turns into a written series of some kind that parodies streamers with meta-story elements or something like that blink twice.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 24, 2017

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dolash posted:

I watched the first one and a half episodes of Car Boys and so far as I can tell it's just another youtube game streamer show about guys who like smashing cars? Am I missing something here?

If it turns into a written series of some kind that parodies streamers with meta-story elements or something like that blink twice.

Just keep watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
theres no plot to car boys its just two amusing dudes loving around with a sandbox game, idk why its being brought up as a storytelling exercise