Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

GrossMurpel posted:

Is there any point in playing Mine Defense without an autoclicker? I got interested again after this thread talked about it, and as far as I remember having an autoclicker is integral to get enough gems early on.

I have played through Mine Defense twice. The first time was when the game was new'ish and it lacked a few QoL features it has now. I played it with an autoclicker.
The second time through, in the current version of the game, i did not use an autoclicker and didn't really click anything at all except for in the beginning. The second playthrough was much faster than the first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

I have played through Mine Defense twice. The first time was when the game was new'ish and it lacked a few QoL features it has now. I played it with an autoclicker.
The second time through, in the current version of the game, i did not use an autoclicker and didn't really click anything at all except for in the beginning. The second playthrough was much faster than the first.

Yeah I autoclicked enough to get the majestic gems and now I actually have to wait for the 10Sp money :v:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Beasteh posted:

I've been playing Soda Dungeon and it is a cute little game

Feels a lot like playing an Amiga game which is nice and it's easy enough to have running on auto in the background while listening to the crunchy C64 music

Same, it's nice. :) Does it ever get to a point where it truly becomes an idle clicker? Up until now (~50 levels) I have to manually assemble a team to enter the dungeon, and clean up when they all wiped.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Merijn posted:

Same, it's nice. :) Does it ever get to a point where it truly becomes an idle clicker? Up until now (~50 levels) I have to manually assemble a team to enter the dungeon, and clean up when they all wiped.

Once you get into the later stages, it can run for a fairly long time without you needing to check on it, assuming you start from level 1 and are grinding for dark matter/energy/glowy thing (the currency for the prestige mechanic).

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

just unlocked Dragons in RG!

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Captain Foo posted:

just unlocked Dragons in RG!

Woo hoo! Don't be afraid to rift your first adult pretty quickly, getting spirit essence owns bones.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Buzkashi posted:

Woo hoo! Don't be afraid to rift your first adult pretty quickly, getting spirit essence owns bones.

Realm Grinder, not Mine Defense. I did the same thing.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Chakan posted:

Realm Grinder, not Mine Defense. I did the same thing.

WELP don't mind me.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
You guys weren't thinking big enough when you said autoclick becomes pointless later on in Mine Defense.
setInterval(MD.dig,0.0000000001) hell yeah

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

GrossMurpel posted:

You guys weren't thinking big enough when you said autoclick becomes pointless later on in Mine Defense.
setInterval(MD.dig,0.0000000001) hell yeah
Does that not make your browser explode and/or give you heat stroke? :eyepop:

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Surprisingly enough, it doesn't. I made sure to check whether that would melt my computer, but my browser's CPU usage didn't even go up.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
It doesn't actually process anything faster than like 5ms anyway. I read that somewhere

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I just got the Fire dragon and I'm building up to 150 alchemists for the Water dragon. Is now around when I should aim for 1B of a few hirelings and 100 neurochrysalises so I can get upgrades/the ability to alchemize Neuros?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Once you feel like you can alchemize 1 billion and 1 trillion hirelings in a reasonable amount of time, go for it. Some of the upgrades are really good.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I said I would post about it a while back, and now I am.

Anyone here playing Idle Miner Tycoon? It's a mobile idle game I picked up earlier this week, and so far I'm having fun with it. The basic premise is that, obviously, you're a mining tycoon, looking to start and expand mineshafts to gather those sweet sweet mineral resources. You start off with a single coal mine, upgrade that, then branch off to gold, diamond, and other minerals that are available. Along the way, you unlock a research lab, which you can use to upgrade various facets of the game. The game itself is still under development, with a whole new continent being worked on as well as something that looks like a trophy/achievement hall.

each mine you start has 3 basic things you need can upgrade: The mineshafts themselves, the elevator, and the transporter. You'll wanna keep these all relatively balanced out in terms of total ability to move minerals, or production will slow to whatever the weakest link in the chain can run. A nice little twist to the mechanic though are the addition of managers that you can hire. Each manager will make whatever post their assigned at work automatically, but they also have a skill that can be activated to boost that specific post for a bit of time. The boosts can be things like increased mining speed, increased un/load speed, and faster movement. Not only that, but each manager comes in three different flavors; Junior, senior, or executive. Juniors have weaker boosting effects that don't last as long, but take far less time to recharge their skill, while executives have very powerful, long lasting abilities, but need to recharge for much longer. You can also swap managers at a station at any time. This allows you to chain manager effects one after the other and really ramp up your output.

There's also, of course, a prestige mechanic. Sadly, it's locked behind an income barrier, so I haven't had the chance to try it yet. It seems to not only increase your earnings each run, but it also claims to let you keep any mines and upgrades you've purchased. I'll post more on it when I actually get around to using it.

Finally, there's my absolute favorite part of this game. Most idle games gate how much offline progress you can make. I hated Egg Inc., for example, because unless you ponied up $5, you were locked to, at most, 3 hours of offline progress. I'm a busy guy, who works in an area where my phone can't be out. I can't check a game every x amount of time, and it sucks having to lose that offline progress because of that. Idle Miner Tycoon allows you to watch videos to extend your offline timer 4 hours at a time, up to 32 hours total. So, at the end of the night, right before bed, I can watch a few videos and not have to touch the game until the morning after next, if I so choose. And I'll be earning money the whole drat time. It's phenomenal.

The only annoying bit I've encountered so far is that the game puts up a flashing icon in the lower left to advertise various packages you can purchase with actual money. They're attention grabbing in that they're very different looking from the surrounding graphics, but otherwise are harmless enough.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'm hitting a bit of a wall on R30. The titan build that's burned through R27-29 fizzles once you hit 1E112 gems unless you line up with a miracle. I haven't quite gotten prestige research unlocked (got the buildings but not the research upgrade), is that what I need to do at this point?

Edit: I touched it out with dwarf/fairy and yep, prestige research certainly helps a lot

Emron fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 22, 2017

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I'm wildly amused by Soda Dungeon so far, thanks to whoever mentioned it. I accidentally stumbled onto a thing by trying to see if an all-merchant team would compound gold find on top of each other - I ended up warping to the level 200 boss and for super high end bosses like that the Merchant's 50/50 ability is insanely good. Statistically you're likely to drop them by 75% of their (comparatively massive) health pool on the first round provided you got all five boys through the preceding levels.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Eventually you'll discover the ideal team comp, burn through to the endgame, and at that point there's nothing left to do but watch numbers go up. It's a fun idea for a game, though. I liked it.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Speaking of mobile games, is anyone playing Dungeon Defense: Invasion of Heroes? Not really a clicker but I figured it might be up this thread's alley. Supposedly, it gets pretty deep later on, but I've only just started, on my first reincarnation so far.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Inadequately posted:

Speaking of mobile games, is anyone playing Dungeon Defense: Invasion of Heroes? Not really a clicker but I figured it might be up this thread's alley. Supposedly, it gets pretty deep later on, but I've only just started, on my first reincarnation so far.

It seems like it doesn't really take off until you can get it to auto play full 100 runs on its own. I played (and enjoyed) it a lot and never got to that point. I may have been playing wrong though, I never looked up any guides.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Is there anything specifically I should know going forward in Realm Grinder, having finally unlocked the Reincarnation button? The notion of getting rid of all my gems is terrifying, in that I only recently abandoned all the guides I've read, went back to what worked for me (Faceless), and made so many gems so quickly.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

MisterBibs posted:

Is there anything specifically I should know going forward in Realm Grinder, having finally unlocked the Reincarnation button? The notion of getting rid of all my gems is terrifying, in that I only recently abandoned all the guides I've read, went back to what worked for me (Faceless), and made so many gems so quickly.

Take this with a grain of salt as I'm only on R33, but it's good to remember a vague path that you take (I do elves until >1T gems, then titans to 1qi, then elves/dwarves until 1no, then mercs until research at 1tvg).

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

MisterBibs posted:

Make sure you've excavated as many artifacts as you can before you Reincarnate. (Because your number of excavations resets when you reincarnate! And artifacts are good.)

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

MisterBibs posted:

You will immediately realize exactly how big of an impact all your gems had on your production, once they all get taken away.

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

Emron posted:

Take this with a grain of salt as I'm only on R33, but it's good to remember a vague path that you take (I do elves until >1T gems, then titans to 1qi, then elves/dwarves until 1no, then mercs until research at 1tvg).

The reincarnation button. As in, R1. I think they're a ways off from mercs.

Once you reincarnate, you'll basically do everything faster and you're supposed to start thinking critically about what would benefit you most at your current gem amount. Like Emron says, going elves for faction coins early, then titans for a couple runs, then a prestige faction to get enough gems to reincarnate is the typical path for your first bunch of Reincarnations. If you don't have dwarves and drow unlocked, you'll want to do that before you reincarnate. You also might want to peruse the list of secret trophies on the wiki and pick some of them (namely speed run) up. The more times you reincarnate, the faster everything you've done so far will go.

In a similar vein, I hit research a couple days ago and have just been going through the not-wiki guide to unlock everything but it's such a pain on my phone. Does everyone try to max their research each R before reincarnating? Apart from the challenges, is research what I'm doing till (R30 is ascension, right?)

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Chakan posted:

The reincarnation button. As in, R1. I think they're a ways off from mercs.

Once you reincarnate, you'll basically do everything faster and you're supposed to start thinking critically about what would benefit you most at your current gem amount. Like Emron says, going elves for faction coins early, then titans for a couple runs, then a prestige faction to get enough gems to reincarnate is the typical path for your first bunch of Reincarnations. If you don't have dwarves and drow unlocked, you'll want to do that before you reincarnate. You also might want to peruse the list of secret trophies on the wiki and pick some of them (namely speed run) up. The more times you reincarnate, the faster everything you've done so far will go.

In a similar vein, I hit research a couple days ago and have just been going through the not-wiki guide to unlock everything but it's such a pain on my phone. Does everyone try to max their research each R before reincarnating? Apart from the challenges, is research what I'm doing till (R30 is ascension, right?)

R30 is about when you can get prestige research. I don't unlock every research mode each time (some are "get 5 days playtime with x faction"), but some are incredibly important. 5 days of faceless is absolutely critical, because S305 is a game changer. I unlock as many as I can and move on, pretty much. The only thing I make sure to do is max out RPs.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Emron posted:

Eventually you'll discover the ideal team comp, burn through to the endgame, and at that point there's nothing left to do but watch numbers go up. It's a fun idea for a game, though. I liked it.

poo poo, I was just hiring the most expensive mercs everytime and steamrolling through to level ~150. I rarely see every type of merc every time I start a new run.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Eventually you'll get a way to reroll the bar flies and have a much easier time picking and choosing.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Generally you want to start a new dimension once you have 7 points in Kitchen, a point or so in Inherit, and reroll the Soda Junkies until you see one sat at a full dinner table spawned as a 'Dinner Boy'.

These guys are souped up rare versions who come equipped with a Bib (+30 HP) and a Fork (15 damage, 60% crit rate, +200% crit damage)

You need auto equip to be turned OFF in order to see these items. Load up with Dinner Boys, get 5 Forks/Bibs and murder your way through the early floors unlocking guys.

You'll want a successful deep run/dimension clearing team to eventually be Healer (first in the party so you can always emergency heal)/Dark Mage/Dark Mage/Thief/Knight, loaded up with gold find/magic find.

Eventually you'll unlock stuff like Ragezerker/Shifter but I haven't got there yet so can't comment. Dark Mages can reliably aoe poison/confuse to severely reduce/remove your need for a healer, make sure you take at least one mana potion so you can restore MP in early dimensions. Having to abandon a run because your guys ran out of MP and you couldn't hit a fountain feels bad.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Inadequately posted:

Its alright. It really satisfies the "get bigger numbers" itch as there are a ton of progression paths.

The progress is too slow though. I played the first run on Easy to day 400 and got ~900 rebirth stones, which only unlocks 1 auto play feature. Then i played to day 500 on hard which gave me ~1600 rebirth stones which was enough for another auto play feature and a few other upgrades. I am now playing on Insane at day 300 and i can reincarnate for like 1200 rebirth stones. All this playing has taken me the better part of 2 months. All the rebirth stones i have put into number upgrades haven't really changed anything at all. The 10% faster research that cost me over a thousand stones is not noticeable at all, neither is the 20% more damage or 5% more crit, and thats about all i have been able to afford so far.
The prestige currency income needs to be drastically increased so that progress feels sane and interesting, as oposed to some bottomless hole only tailored towards people that play 5 hours a day.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

In Idle Miner Tycoon, I finally got around to opening the next mine and prestiging. Turns out they're all completely separate from each other. Coal mine and gold mine are treated as two separate things, almost like 2 separate games, but you share the money pool between them. You also prestige individual mines at a time, which gets you an income boost to that mine.

ijzer
Apr 12, 2013

it's friday i'm in love with ice cream
Are there any interesting mechanics that get unlocked as the game goes on? I bounced off it when I unlocked research and found that all it involved was buying research points to unlock "1.2x income in coal mine".

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
In Realm Grinder, do the Total Mana amounts for unlocking autocasting upgrades reset to zero with reincarnation, or is there some hidden counter?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

They reset with Reincarnation.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

delfin posted:

In Realm Grinder, do the Total Mana amounts for unlocking autocasting upgrades reset to zero with reincarnation, or is there some hidden counter?

They reset. I think I unlocked whichever auto casting upgrade has the gold/silver/bronze icons around r11-13 with a mana regen merc build.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Almost everything resets with reincarnation except permanent unlocks (of course) and total time spent playing as each faction. Partial progress toward an unlock without completing the unlock, is generally lost when reincarnating and often even when abdicating (depends on the unlock).

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

That research that requires 12 hours as each faction can gently caress off. I'm not wasting 6 days on one reincarnation for that!

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Which research is that? I remember one that's 12 hours as each alignment but that's only 1.5 days.

ijzer
Apr 12, 2013

it's friday i'm in love with ice cream

Emron posted:

That research that requires 12 hours as each faction can gently caress off. I'm not wasting 6 days on one reincarnation for that!

Bad news friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Vil posted:

Which research is that? I remember one that's 12 hours as each alignment but that's only 1.5 days.

Mercy. I think it's D480 or A480?

ijzer posted:

Bad news friend.

Is it really good?