Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

WatermelonGun posted:

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic is better than any open world Bethesda game

why in the gently caress didn't they include an option to reverse Y axis

i want to play that game so bad but whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy can't i change the axis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
thread now becomes stupid bloodbath between those who prefer normal controls over airplane controls

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

The cool thing about mods is that there's always hundreds or thousands of people willing to make them so you don't have to.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I tried to put a texture mod on a game once, but it was too complicated. Screw that.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines is poo poo and boring.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Mods are cool when they can spice up a game you've played a million times

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I AM THE TOILET posted:

why in the gently caress didn't they include an option to reverse Y axis

i want to play that game so bad but whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy can't i change the axis

loving axis weirdos

If I push up on controller, I should look up, not down you degenerates

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Dungeons 2 is my favorite game right now.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I don't like any of the Souls games or Bloodborne. I've tried them, I can't get down with them.

I have a 3ds and a Switch but I can't stand the amount of anime crap that get's published for them.

I'm sick of all these overly complicated multiplayer fps' and am eagerly looking forward to a game where I can shoot people and not have to worry about layers on layers of perks and killstreaks and digicammo on my balls.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

a new study bible! posted:

Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines is poo poo and boring.

Yeah, I really tried to give it a chance but it's a broken mess.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

loving axis weirdos

If I push up on controller, I should look up, not down you degenerates

When you want to look up in real life you tilt your head back. When you want to look down you tilt your head forward. Same deal with a mouse to look in a video game. I CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW ANYONE CAN DO IT ANY OTHER WAY I CAN'T. I don't judge you for it, but it is absolutely bizarre to me. It feels so, so wrong. Invert forever.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

When you want to look up in real life you tilt your head back. When you want to look down you tilt your head forward. Same deal with a mouse to look in a video game. I CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW ANYONE CAN DO IT ANY OTHER WAY I CAN'T. I don't judge you for it, but it is absolutely bizarre to me. It feels so, so wrong. Invert forever.

You don't "tilt your head back" you idiot, you lift your eyes to look up

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

do you invert your y axis when operating a computer normally?

for normal people, the crosshair is a cursor.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Ugh, take this inverted Y-axis scum to the gulags

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

You're either moving your head wrong or your mouse wrong and I can't tell which

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I think Final Fantasy 6 is boring and always lose interest about half way through.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

basic hitler posted:

Mods in general are stupid. Not always. Sometimes they're really cool and inspired like the Song Of Ice And Fire mod for Crusader Kings 2 is excellent. But i feel really bad for people who compulsively install ridiculous numbers of mods in a strange quest to completely change how the game appears and plays out of some very incorrect assumption that they know what's better for the game than the devs did
look, it's the guy who really loving likes cliff racers

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

SpaceClown posted:

do you invert your y axis when operating a computer normally?

for normal people, the crosshair is a cursor.

Assuming a first person view: when playing PC games with a mouse I use "normal" style controls. When using a controller (regardless of platform) I use inverted. You could have me play the same game on PC versus console and I'll change the control style between them.

DOES THAT BLOW YOUR MIND???

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I thought the reason was that while you're in a cockpit, staring upward stupidly at a bunch of nothing and hoping to glimpse a UFO, the plane does a nose dive.

Get used to the Y axis. Those Luftwaffe guys one your tail have already adapted. Evolve or perish!

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
racing sims are the most skillful video games, surpassing fighting games and shmups by a country mile. the only people who disagree with this are the same people who can't break 7 minutes on the nurburgring.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

SpaceClown posted:

racing sims are the most skillful video games, surpassing fighting games and shmups by a country mile. the only people who disagree with this are the same people who can't break 7 minutes on the nurburgring.

I break 7 minutes on your mom's ring every night

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I break 7 minutes on your mom's ring every night

2/10

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I Kuato breaks 7 minutes on your my mom's ring every night

fixed!

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Racing games that don't involve throwing bombs and shooting missles and crazy physics are boring as hell.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

phasmid posted:

Racing games that don't involve throwing bombs and shooting missles and crazy physics are boring as hell.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Chomp8645 posted:

Assuming a first person view: when playing PC games with a mouse I use "normal" style controls. When using a controller (regardless of platform) I use inverted. You could have me play the same game on PC versus console and I'll change the control style between them.

This is the way to do it.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

phasmid posted:

no, those are boring as hell

its the equivalent of a steak cooked well done drizzled with ketchup

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

SpaceClown posted:

no, those are boring as hell

its the equivalent of a steak cooked well done drizzled with ketchup

A real good racing game would have you in a chariot throwing spears at people in other chariots. You could customize the graphics and have Scythian blades on the side to mow down people who get tossed overboard.

Better that some lame game that at its best emulates watching fuckin nascar (except in these the cars don't even blow up, what a loving scam). But I guess pay what you want and get one of those cute little steering wheels and suddenly you're up to filet mignon, huh?

No, SpaceClown. You are either a jester or a fool. gently caress racing games that don't have powerups and explosives.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
"racing games" with powerups and explosives are just fighting games, meaning they are good

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
nah, racing games with powerups and explosives are for shortminded children.

continually cucking the guy behind you with dirty air for the duration of a race is eternally more hilarious and fun than pressing a button to launch a missile that does all the work for you.

similarly, analyzing an opponent's driving style and braking patterns over the course of a few laps to finally pass him in a strategic move is forever more satisfying than whatever stupid other poo poo you do in games like cel damage and mario kart

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
additionally, no game has quite the ability to consistently provide such massive feelings of achievement as when you get really good at hotlaps. because we both know you suck too much to play multiplayer.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I like to turn around on the track and go the opposite direction in an attempt to ram the leader.

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

new phone who dis posted:

I like to turn around on the track and go the opposite direction in an attempt to ram the leader.

ah the classic prostrat.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
hacking and lockpicking minigames are the best

I could sit around picking locks in Oblivion all day

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

SpaceClown posted:

ah the classic prostrat.

The classics never go out of style. Except fedoras.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

hacking and lockpicking minigames are the best

I could sit around picking locks in Oblivion all day

The people who can't figure out the audio cue in that Oblivion lockpicking game are like some strange species of creature I can't imagine being.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

racing sims are garbage as are sports sims (Madden, FIFA, NHL). bring back NBA Jam and NHL Hitz. no, NBA Playground doesn't count

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, NFL Blitz was the only football game I had fun playing.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

get that OUT of my face posted:

racing sims are garbage as are sports sims (Madden, FIFA, NHL). bring back NBA Jam and NHL Hitz. no, NBA Playground doesn't count

this is the thread for unpopular opinions, idiot.