Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Beasteh posted:

Anyone pulling on Ceodore 1? We are so close to Cloud Keeper, goons

Ceodore 1 is a good banner and I would pull on it if I needed IV synergy still. Unfortunately, pulling Kain BSB and Golbez BSB in the last festival means I have very little reason when I'm just barely hitting 50 mythril.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm planning to pull on it since I'm starved for IV synergy but my pull lifestyle consists of just spamming mythril as I get it rather than doing actual 50 pulls. With the event mythril I'll get to do a triple pull.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I know that the next festival is coming up in June-ish, but do we have an approximate date?

I have 200 mythril currently, and I intend to pull on the FFVIII banner next week because one of the Selphie relics on Banner 1 would make my best healer even better, and I'm trying to determine if I have enough room to also pull on IV tomorrow and still have time to build up a decent stock for the festival.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
if i can clear an event without pulling then i do just that

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Yeah, I'm gonna pull. I have bad FF4 synergy and this is the best banner we're getting in a while, I'm pretty sure.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I've got pretty drat good synergy and I'm gonna pull for a shot at Ceodore for a holy squad or Yang's earth BSB to compliment my Rinoa, Ingus, and Yang's imperil. Earth Squad y'all

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Uncle Ulty posted:

I know that the next festival is coming up in June-ish, but do we have an approximate date?

There's a festival every 3 months (March, June, September, December) which usually starts somewhere between the 23rd and 25th of the month. There's also one additional mini-festival which is usually in October around the end of the month (Japan's Golden Week festival, which is at the end of April/beginning of May for them, but we get festivals 6 months after Japan does). Sometimes the mini-festival and its preceding normal festival swap places (that'll be the case this year; the "festival" at the end of September for us will be kinda meh, but the one at the end of October will be the Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary festival).

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm not. I have the extreme fest banner to pull on. I have 140 mythril atm and I'm saving up every penny for:

Banner 1, 2, 5. Maybe banner 3. Less so banner 4. If each of them are 50 mythril pulls, I'll only have enough for 1 pull on each of the ones I totally want, but not enough on the ones I sort of want. Doubtful I'll get an additional 110 mythril by june to get to 250 mythril saved up for one pull on each. (and frankly I want Noctis' OSB, even though I hear it sucks.)

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 18, 2017

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Noctis OSB gets better when more of his relics are released.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Is Selphie's upcoming BSB the only healer Burst in VIII?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
selphie is the only WHT5 in 8 as far as i know

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Zurai posted:

Noctis OSB gets better when more of his relics are released.

Yeah, I believe his BSB CMD 2 can refresh the Stoneskin and his USB provides 100% Stoneskin instead of just 30%, right?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Beasteh posted:

Anyone pulling on Ceodore 1? We are so close to Cloud Keeper, goons
I mean, as ridiculous as Cloud's USB is, it really shines when used as an RW, right?

I might pull on Ceodore because I like everything on the banner, and I don't have an FFIV medica or any dupes. My synergy is fine and my CM team is pretty respectable though.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Nihilarian posted:

I mean, as ridiculous as Cloud's USB is, it really shines when used as an RW, right?

I might pull on Ceodore because I like everything on the banner, and I don't have an FFIV medica or any dupes. My synergy is fine and my CM team is pretty respectable though.

It's only truly useful native when combined with his BSB2, which you can get off the same banner but is not guaranteed. You could also make up for it by RWing other BSBs for him to use but that doesn't put you up much.

The primary place having the kit native is awesome for is Magicite Dungeons because you can't RW it in so the only way to bring it is native, and being able to pour out damage with it makes hitting those low-time clears much easier. But yeah, general use is fairly marginal. I'm mostly throwing 100 myth at the banner because I also want Zack's Chain and some of the other stuff on it.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

LornMarkus posted:

Yeah, I believe his BSB CMD 2 can refresh the Stoneskin and his USB provides 100% Stoneskin instead of just 30%, right?

Correct.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Aeon fight mastered this time, gently caress that stupid thing.

Yshtola with wall and bsb
Yuna with her bsb2
Lulu bsb
Mustadio bsb
Onion bsb

RW: tyro usb

Came down to just sticking with a strategy and feeling out the fight.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not planning on pulling for Cloud, but obviously Extreme fest is coming up soon, and the 1st VIII banner is really good with Squall BSB2, Irvine BSB, Selphie USB, and some pretty good SSBs on the banner too.

I have poo poo IV synergy outside mage relics though, so banner 1 is actually pretty tempting for me. I'm leaning towards waiting for the Edge/Rubicante banner that includes Cecil's new BSB2 thats coming in the next IV event.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Got it, loving finally! Forgot to bring a water attack though :downs:

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Servaetes posted:

Got it, loving finally! Forgot to bring a water attack though :downs:

First time I beat it I didn't bring water or ice, I'm special too :downs:

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Welp, now that I found out they only have RS +Ice I now have this monstrosity. :toot:

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I championed the A+ fight without any X synergy weapons and only a single X synergy piece of armor (the red armlet from the Keeper's Choice 2).

I guess I'll continue to not pull on X banners (and hope for X gear on the lucky draws).

I have 3 pieces of IV gear (mage rod, healer staff, lovely gloves), so hopefully the upcoming A+ will go slightly better.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Aren't there some "countdown" lucky banners preceding the extreme fest?

One DU lucky should be in June at least.

Just something to consider with mythril budgeting.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Well, those announcements today are something :stare:

They're bringing back the Family Secrets event, and I missed a good chunk of it while I had my account link issue. I say that bringing back the events and the mythril we're getting more than makes up for what happened.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Armitage posted:

Well, those announcements today are something :stare:

They're bringing back the Family Secrets event, and I missed a good chunk of it while I had my account link issue. I say that bringing back the events and the mythril we're getting more than makes up for what happened.

You were who I immediately thought of when I read the announcements this morning!

Glad you aren't going to miss out on anything.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

iamsosmrt posted:

Is Selphie's upcoming BSB the only healer Burst in VIII?

Correct. Which is a bit unfortunate since it's a bit lackluster in terms of actually healing, but her SSB and USB are both solid. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets a new BSB in the VIII event coming soon in JP to make up for her first one being so blah.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Combo posted:

You were who I immediately thought of when I read the announcements this morning!

Glad you aren't going to miss out on anything.

Now I can get Marach to 99!

I know it was a completely different issue that they are compensating everyone for, but I'm still happy I'm getting another chance at what I missed.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Jeez I honestly wasn't having any issues during that time but I appreciate the apology nonetheless. DeNA is the best.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

RagnarokAngel posted:

Jeez I honestly wasn't having any issues during that time but I appreciate the apology nonetheless. DeNA is the best.

Yeah, I did have issues but only for about half a day, nothing like what others went through. This is pretty drat generous from dena though

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Yeah this is great. I was on the fence about doing a pull on VIII and maybe two for VII, but now I'm feeling way better about that.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Good folks for sure, yeah. I was grumbling a little about having already crafted Hailstorm and r3ing it but a second copy is great to hold onto.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Servaetes posted:

Good folks for sure, yeah. I was grumbling a little about having already crafted Hailstorm and r3ing it but a second copy is great to hold onto shatter for free orbs.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Well, on the last page I was debating pulling on IV because I wasn't sure I'd have enough mythril when we got to the next fest, but this changes things.

Let's go!

... 1/11. Yang's BSB.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

The way they handle things is why I don't feel bad that I throw money at this game sometimes.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Uncle Ulty posted:

Well, on the last page I was debating pulling on IV because I wasn't sure I'd have enough mythril when we got to the next fest, but this changes things.

Let's go!

... 1/11. Yang's BSB.

Yang BSB is stupid high damage.

1. Squall BSB 2
2. Zell BSB
3. Refia BSB
4. Master Monk BSB
5. Yang BSB

in terms of pure damage

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Will they be completed already if we did them? I want more resources...

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Good a time as any to mention the Record Missions #2 event in JP and the banner that comes with it. The Record Missions are pretty much just Cid's Missions for the regular Realms Dungeons. This time around is missions for VI, VII, IX, X, and XI. Also Legend Spheres for Yuffie and Kimahri, and lookit their Legend Materia!

Yuffie LM1: Water Damage +10%
Yuffie LM2: 35% chance to Dualcast Ninja abilities

Kimahri LM1: Water Damage +10%
Kimahri LM2: When using Combat abilities, 35% chance of inflicting minor Imperil Water

Also, the Relics debuting are Kimahri's USB and LMR and Yuffie's BSB2 and LMR.

BANNER
--------------
Kimahri's Bright Armlet [USSB, +10 ATK] - ATK/MAG/RES +30% & 75% Water Radiant Shield* to party
*Reflected damage becomes Water elemental; these do count for chain hits.

Yuffie's Rising Sun [USSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Water/NE physical attacks, Instant Cast, ATK & DEF -50% to target, 40% max HP heal to party

Yuffie's Spiral Shuriken [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 6 AOE Water/NE ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, Imperil Water, Burst Mode
Attack -> 2 single-target Water/NE ranged physical attacks, 0.825s CT, Physical Blink 1 to user
Defend -> Single-target Water/NE ranged physical attacks, 0.825s CT, restores 1 usage to ability with lower count

Kimahri's Halberd [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 6 AOE Water/NE ranged physical attacks, Imperil Water, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Water/NE ranged physical attacks, 25% max HP heal to an ally
Defend -> 2 single-target Water/NE ranged physical attacks, restores 1 usage to ability with lower count

Ayame's Soboro Sukehiro [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, ATK & RES +30% to user, En-Ice, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, 0.825 CT
Defend -> 2 AOE Ice/NE physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30%

Amarant's Avenger [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 6 AOE Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, En-Fire, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, critical damage deals x2.0
Defend -> 2 AOE Fire/NE ranged physical attacks, critical damage deals x2.0

Kimahri's Thanatos Lance [LMR, +10 ATK] - Damage +?% with Spear equipped
Yuffie's Model [LMR, +10 ATK] - When using Ninja abilities, 25% chance of granting user Physical Blink 1
Ayame's Myochin Domaru [LMR, +10 ATK] - When using Samurai abilities, 35% chance to grant Quick Cast 1 to user

Ayame's Ochiudo's Kote [SSB, +10 ATK] - 5 AOE Wind physical attacks, Instant Cast, Haste to party, ATK +50% to user
Sabin's Tigerfang [SSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target physical attacks, 1 time Physical Blink to party
Kimahri's Twin Lance [SSB, +10 ATK] - 5 single-target physical attacks, 1 time Magic Blink to party

Yuffie's BSB2 commands aren't especially impressive on their own, but they are custom-tailored to work with the 5* Ninja abilities that debut with the Rubicante event. Also, the first Imperil Water outside of X!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Will they be completed already if we did them? I want more resources...
I believe your completion state will be whatever it was. When they brought back those Fest banners earlier, the 100-Gem pull status was still whatever it was when they left the first time.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Hogama posted:

Good a time as any to mention the Record Missions #2 event in JP and the banner that comes with it.
*snip*

Yeah, I'm torn between throwing Mythril at this and waiting to see what the Rude and Elena banners for the VII event will look like. Ultimately I think I'll probably do at least one pull, just cause those USBs and that BSB2 are really nice.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah I'm seeing the lucky draw now and it's grayed out unfortunately. Oh well! +75 free mythril over 3? Weeks is nice too. Plus the chance for the higher level ones I didn't get the chance for. Probably too much to ask for the 140s from those to have MC3s though...

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Yang BSB is stupid high damage.

1. Squall BSB 2
2. Zell BSB
3. Refia BSB
4. Master Monk BSB
5. Yang BSB

in terms of pure damage

Oh this is good to know! I figured getting Yang's BSB would be redundant since I already have Maria's Meteor BSB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Also, the Prompto/Aranea event:

Prompto
Combat 4/Support 5/Celerity 4/Machinist 5/Sharpshooter 5
Dagger, Bow, Gun
Hat, Light Armor, Heavy Armor, Bracer

Aranea
Combat 5/Celerity 4/Dragoon 5/Darkness 5
Dagger, Sword, Spear
Shield, Hat, Helm, Light Armor, Heavy Armor, Bracer

Prompto USB/BSB/SSB/LMR, Aranea OSB/BSB/SSB/LMR debuting.

BANNER
--------------
Prompto's Cocytus [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 random Lightning/NE ranged physical attacks, Imperil Lightning, Quick Cast 1 to user & grants Quick Cast 1 after using Machinist abilities

Aranea's Stoss Spear [OSSB, +10 ATK] - Single-target Lightning/Dark Overflow jump attack, higher multiplier if exploiting weakness

Prompto's Fatigues [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 random Lightning/NE ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, ATK/DEF -50%, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Lightning/NE ranged physical attacks, Quick Machinist 2
Defend -> 2 single-target Lightning/NE ranged physical attacks, DEF -40%

Aranea's Helm [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Lightning/Dark jump attacks, En-Lightning, Burst Mode
Attack -> 2 single-target Lightning/Dark ranged physical attacks, Instant Jump 2 to user
Defend -> 4 single-target Lightning/Dark ranged physical attacks, Dragoon Damage 9% for 3 turns to user

Noctis's Prince's Fatigues [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target physical attacks, Instant Cast, ATK/DEF/RES +30% to user, Burst Mode
Attack -> 2 single-target physical attacks, High Quick Cast 2 to user
Defend -> 30% Stoneskin & restores 1 usage to ability with lower count

Iris's Moogle Doll [BSSB +10 MND] - h55 heal, 30% Stoneskin & Astra to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target h105 heal, Instant Cast
Defend -> h25 heal to party

Aranea's Bracer [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Lightning for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Prompto's Iron Bangle [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Machinist abilties
Noctis's Bronze Bangle [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Combat abilties

Prompto's Auto Crossbow [SSB, +10 ATK] - 5 AOE Lightning/NE ranged physical attacks, Hyper Break
Aranea's Dragon Mail [SSB, +10 ATK] - 6 single-target Lightning/Dark jump attacks, Magic Blink 1
Noctis's Airstep Sword [SSB, +10 ATK] - 6 single-target physical attacks, Instant Cast, Instant Cast 1 to party

New 5* Machinist ability - Spark Offer: 2 x 0.64 ST ranged Lightning physical damage, 35% chance of 10% Imperil Lightning

Entrust was also buffed a bit - it generates 65 SB meter AFTER sending the SB gauge to the ally.

• Locked thread