Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

No dedicated servers but going really sweaty for esports makes it seem like Bungie is still living in 2004 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

the good fax machine posted:

I wonder if Trials will also get the revive point system or if it'll be the same, just 4v4

Revive points is very interesting, indeed. I'd like to see it make it's way to trials.

I can also see trials being a mixed bag of randomized game types.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I don't really know much about pc stuff or blizzard but is D2 the first non blizzard developed game to be released on battle.net

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

xzzy posted:

Bungie going after esports again seems like a bad idea as it was a giant tire fire when they attempted it in Halo.. it basically chased off everyone who played the game for fun because there was no way to escape the competitive setup.

the halo franchise were like the first console shooters that was actually competitive so idek what you're talking about. tons of people played halo casually.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah I meant that one.

Aleph One's some good poo poo though.

Given how much I enjoyed Marathon, I would love if someone could link me to this alleged clause in this contract, because reasons

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the halo franchise were like the first console shooters that was actually competitive so idek what you're talking about. tons of people played halo casually.

Because the Halo series turned into "battle rifle: the game" once MLG spergs decided it was the One True Gun(tm).

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I want (suros) tank racing.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Say you want Firefight. Stop giving them stupid ideas.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

the good fax machine posted:

Say you want Firefight. Stop giving them stupid ideas.

uh what kind of rear end in a top hat doesn't want tank racing??? mods!?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Have you ever actually operated an Interceptor in this game? You have more control in a pachinko machine.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
People in the old thread: Maaaan, gently caress sparrow racing!

People in this thread: WE GET TO PLAY SOCCER IN THE FORREST!!!! !

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

el B posted:

Smh if you don't want to play Rocket League with actual rockets

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

el B posted:

You have more control over the direction the ball goes :v:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

el B posted:

I think all of those things are fine :shrug:

Edit: I mean soccer is always dumb but it's okay they added it

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

xzzy posted:

Have you ever actually operated an Interceptor in this game? You have more control in a pachinko machine.

Have you driven the tank in Destiny 2 yet?

:smugdog:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hopefully soccer turns into destiny grifball mayhem where you can only move the ball using supers and the only weapons are swords.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Still gonna post here. Thankfully I know how to take care of a PC and keep things up to date.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

xzzy posted:

Hopefully soccer turns into destiny grifball mayhem where you can only move the ball using supers and the only weapons are swords.

Man you just reminded me that the pvp variants in Destiny are sorely lacking. What I wouldn't give for a good ol' fashioned round of rocket oddball.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Just lol if you own an actual PC in tyool 2017

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

I have watched some of the pvp videos, but I can't figure out the "dual primary" weapon types. Do any video have a good shot of the weapon types? It is kinetic, energy and power I know, but are certain types limited to a slot?

A scout or pulse paired with a fast firing hand canon could be a fun load out. Pair with a shotgun or sniper as a power weapon depending on the map or game type could lead to some fun builds. It does remind me of halo, auto rifle/pistol starting load out. The increased TTK seems to me like they took the super nerf approach to all the weapons, and now they have room to adjust up or down without completely ruining the intended TTK.

While I like the mobility in Destiny, the movement changes make a lot of sense since skating shotgun jugs or constant shade stepping night stalkers were so aids.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Same but the bone.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Without a PC we wouldn't have the best OP in the world or your avatar.

really makes you think

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Last_Taste posted:

I have watched some of the pvp videos, but I can't figure out the "dual primary" weapon types. Do any video have a good shot of the weapon types? It is kinetic, energy and power I know, but are certain types limited to a slot?

A scout or pulse paired with a fast firing hand canon could be a fun load out. Pair with a shotgun or sniper as a power weapon depending on the map or game type could lead to some fun builds. It does remind me of halo, auto rifle/pistol starting load out. The increased TTK seems to me like they took the super nerf approach to all the weapons, and now they have room to adjust up or down without completely ruining the intended TTK.

While I like the mobility in Destiny, the movement changes make a lot of sense since skating shotgun jugs or constant shade stepping night stalkers were so aids.

Weapons in the non power slots are scouts, pulses, ars, handcankns, smgs and sidearms. In the primary slot they are kinetic. In the energy slot they have an element.

The pvp guys I have seen are talking about how the guns are weaker but due to the fact that people in super take extra damage from elemental guns of the same type (striker Titan gets owned by arc gun) there's not an overwhelming sense of roaming super dominance circa early Taken King Sunbreaker titans. You can counter with appropriate teamshooting of energy weapons.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
So yeah you can run scout and void pulse, or Ar and solar AR, or hand cannon and arc smg, as examples.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I just hope you can pick the element of your energy gun independent of the gun itself. It's loving annoying to have to carry 3 separate good sidearms for elemental cover.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Either everyone who was recording game play is really bad at the game, or TTK is way up too.

Not sure how that will play out, I like the idea of more team shooting because solo heroes is a big issue with D1, but I also don't like the idea of people being able to run away and get health back too easily.

I do like the idea of adding some shield/damage matching to crucible though. Hopefully those guns help taking down other things, like the deployable cover toys.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So when a gun drops, is it already tagged as kinect or energy? Or do all primary guns work in either slot and suppress their element if they're equipped as kinetic?

Do the slots share ammo?

TTK is definitely up, someone earlier said that a lot of one-hit kill situations have been removed.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I just hope you can pick the element of your energy gun independent of the gun itself. It's loving annoying to have to carry 3 separate good fusion rifles for elemental cover.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

haveblue posted:

TTK is definitely up, someone earlier said that a lot of one-hit kill situations have been removed.

i mean, a lot of ohk situations are gone by virtue of making most of the ohk weapons effectively heavies

i hope there's more than one opportunity to get heavy a game, though. i think snipers and shotguns and stuff are too prevalent atm but once a game seems like it wouldn't be enough.

where are fusions going? power weapon slot?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bungie loves their RNG and I can't see them removing the damage type from RNG completely.

Unless maybe they tie it into the weapon modification feature that we know nothing about yet. Like a gun drops as solar, but with the right consumable you can convert it to arc or whatever.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i mean, a lot of ohk situations are gone by virtue of making most of the ohk weapons effectively heavies

Yeah, and I think it was reported that getting stuck by a grenade will no longer kill you.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
TTK is way up and bodyshot penalty is up as well. The pvp pros there have said from talking to folks that the pvp guys are doing this on purpose and also want the movement to be back to vanilla launch pvp speed before everyone figured out that speed kills.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that's all good-sounding stuff. the .86 second primary ttks we were getting in later expansions were getting insane.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Need to know more on nightstalker, flippy lightning staff does gently caress all for me, Nightstalker is the only hunter class I enjoy and play 90% of the time unless the raid needs a celestial.

Cause Titans Captain America shield and warlocks buff wells look drat cool for support.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think the idea of tapping someone with a high impact and swapping to a sidearm or something spammy to finish them off is an interesting play mechanic to promote too. Every video I've seen of people trying to 1v1 with the pulse rifle ends in tragedy while tagging them at range then closing the gap to finish the kill is really effective.

Obviously you can't make too many conclusions about the state of pvp at this point as no one knew what they were doing, but until the beta is out this summer it's all we got.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

xzzy posted:

Either everyone who was recording game play is really bad at the game, or TTK is way up too.

Not sure how that will play out, I like the idea of more team shooting because solo heroes is a big issue with D1, but I also don't like the idea of people being able to run away and get health back too easily.

I do like the idea of adding some shield/damage matching to crucible though. Hopefully those guns help taking down other things, like the deployable cover toys.

From a lot of the videos it looks like the time before you begin to recover health is pretty long but that could just be the specific loadouts/subclasses I've seen in recordings.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

SpaceGoku posted:

From a lot of the videos it looks like the time before you begin to recover health is pretty long but that could just be the specific loadouts/subclasses I've seen in recordings.

My interpretation is that Bungie wants the recovery stat to actually matter this time. But figuring that out will probably have to wait until September.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

Vintersorg posted:

Ah, I prob heard wrong. Not a big deal. Are all the PS4 goons gone? Seems mostly Xbox1 guys post. :3:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

where are fusions going? power weapon slot?

Yes.. I missed them completely yesterday, but I watched the reveal again and at one point LS says that snipers, shotguns and fusions are all heavies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Everything that can OHK is in the power slot now.

Though I suppose a minigun doesn't technically one hit kill, but its TTK is still going to be pretty unbeatable.