Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

jyrque posted:

Gotta clear the entire raid to complete that quest too.
Technically you just need to be there when Diabolos Hollow is defeated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Stormgale posted:

By having a class at a higher level you get a 50% XP boost on all other classes, so leveling something now will make levelling sam and RDM easier (as well as clearing out heavensward content for you). Going Monk (for sam gear) or Summoner/Black mage (for Red Mage gear) would serious help, means you can enjoy the Heavensward story now, get geared up and everything

This does make a lot of sense. I think may give BLM another go.

homeless snail posted:

I hope you realize RDM and SAM aren't gonna play anything like they did in FF11

I do, yes. I still have high hopes for them though as they are thematically awesome too.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

I wish we would get some gameplay videos or teasers or something
There's bits and pieces in various videos but yeah it's still pretty vague. I wonder if they'll show anything at their battle system live letter. Biggest thing you can glean is that RDM weapons are rapiers on one end and staves on the other, and have a distance closer and a backjump to move between melee and magic ranges. Extrapolate from those two facts whether there's an explicit stance change mechanic or not, I choose to believe there is. SAM I don't know, hanzo steel can't cut steel beams

I am coincidentally playing ff11 as a RDM right now, its a fun contrast in 2017 to jump from one game to the other

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
SAM will have castbar melee abilities and becomes the MCH of Stormblood. :devil:

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I just want to be able to glamour items per gearset. Why would a Red Mage dress anything like a Black Mage?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Because there are places where you'd be killed for looking like a Red Mage. It pays to blend in with the locals at times.

Lywinis
Nov 5, 2007

I can bench more than you.

My inner D&D nerd got a chuckle out of this.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

DemonMage posted:

Because there are places where you'd be killed for looking like a Red Mage. It pays to blend in with the locals at times.

The only place that could be is around a bunch of Bards who are pissed that their cool hat gimmick has been stolen.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
make it rain (i assume) will be happening again from may 30th to june 13th

quote:

【ゴールドソーサーフェスティバル】が今年も開催されます! 開催期間は【5月30日(火)から6月13日(火)まで】を予定しています。 詳細は後日トピックスで! #FF14

quote:

[Gold Saucer Festival] will be held this year too! The exhibition period is scheduled to be 【from May 30 (Tuesday) to June 13 (Tue)】】. Details will be announced at a later topic! # FF 14

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Hunter Noventa posted:

I just want to be able to glamour items per gearset. Why would a Red Mage dress anything like a Black Mage?

Be both at once.

(I apparently didn't have many good shots of my character sitting around)

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Hunter Noventa posted:

Why would a Red Mage dress anything like a Black Mage?

Because a Black Mage can dress like Red Mage, duh

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If it's not a traditional red mage chapeau thingy with a feather, it's not even remotely red mage imo

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Thavnarian bolero set that was mentioned earlier is a good set if you want to cosplay as a Blue Mage, which is exponentially superior to Red Mage.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Because a Black Mage can dress like Red Mage, duh

I like your style, friend.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

The Thavnarian bolero set that was mentioned earlier is a good set if you want to cosplay as a Blue Mage, which is exponentially superior to Red Mage.

Or work around the Hallowed Chestnut Mask of Casting to make the FFV Blue Mage, who looks like a super hero. Ranged physical DPS and healers also get these masks, which are dyeable, but I don't know of any masks like this for Paladins if you want to have a sword. It's a shame the Legionary Visor can't be dyed, considering how much better it would be for a FFV Blue Mage outfit if you could actually make it blue.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Any tips for a new level 60 drg? The slower speed compared to nin is a bit tough to get used to but I enjoy it so far.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Any tips for a new level 60 drg? The slower speed compared to nin is a bit tough to get used to but I enjoy it so far.

Positionals are your friend. Your rotation is pretty lock tight with BOTD up. HT-CT&Finisher-Ph-FT&finisher repeat. Don't be afraid to use elusive jump to move around the arena, just make sure you know where you're going. Don't open a fight with dragonfire dive to jump on the boss with the tank. It's better for you to run in at the same time but from the side so you can immediately hit HT to start. After that I B4B&IR, Impulse drive, Leg sweep and power surge, disembowel, botd and a jump or a pot (I don't care about the minor GCD clip), chaos thrust, dragonfire dive, finisher, spineshatter, phlebotomize, geirskogul, true thrust, vorpal thrust, life surge, full thrust, leg sweep, finisher. Sometimes I'll hit leg sweep before heavy thrust when running in and move BoTD to before disembowel. Really depends on the fight and my mood.

Besides that I save my spineshatters and power surges for when B4B is up unless I specifically need spineshatter to move. I'll get 1-2 jumps between the B4B but I'll hold it if it's close to timing it right to line up with B4B and IR. A fully buffed jump is your most powerful skill flat out, so make sure you get at least one in each of your blood for blood cycles. Always time B4B if you can so that you get a CT, a phlebotomize, and a life surged full thrust in it. Generally speaking you can pop it almost anywhere in your combo and accomplish those, but it's something you'll get a feel for.

AOE - HT, ring of thorns if you combo, then doom spike like a motherfucker. Get good at aiming it. It's not terribly hard, and you can put out insane DPS with it.

If you drop BoTD, to maximize DPS you have to be a bit more aware of your combos. If you use the same rotation you'll clip the gently caress out of phlebotomize and chaos thrust and drop significant DPS. Geirskogul when you have 21-22+ seconds remaining after you hit your finisher.

Once you have full thrust never use fracture again. If you currently have fracture cross classed, put something else in that slot. I personally use IR, Mantra, Second Wind, Bloodbath, and Mercy Stroke. I'll swap Mantra out for foresight anytime we're doing something solo tank and I'm DRGTNK for OT. Seph ex is a great example of this. The tank towers in the second phase can easily be handled by a dragoon since they're physical and you can parry them if you face the center.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I had a dragoon in exdr yesterday who didn't use a single aoe on multi-pulls. Do not be that guy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I had a dragoon in exdr yesterday who didn't use a single aoe on multi-pulls. Do not be that guy.

This. I can compete with almost any other job for AOE dps when running dungeons. Dragoons can aoe extremely well, but much like doing anything else, it takes effort and some practice.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The worst thing about Dragoon AOE is you're so dependant on the rest of the group doing it. You burn TP way too fast if the group isn't keeping up.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The worst thing about Dragoon AOE is you're so dependant on the rest of the group doing it. You burn TP way too fast if the group isn't keeping up.

Yeah TP is something to be aware of. I'll start passing out chaos thrusts to each mob in the pack so they have a disembowel up for any other piercing damage in between aoe spurts if DPS is slow.

If you have a ninja ready to goad, though, smoooooooth sailing.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

It's so miserable when this happens. Is it better to just sit there and wait for TP for another Doom Spike, or stop at low TP and swap to single target just so it doesn't look like I'm doing nothing?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Rainuwastaken posted:

It's so miserable when this happens. Is it better to just sit there and wait for TP for another Doom Spike, or stop at low TP and swap to single target just so it doesn't look like I'm doing nothing?

If I get to 1/4 TP and things aren't on the brink of death, I say gently caress it and move to single target combos. I'm sure it's less dps overall compared to running dry and saving regen for more doom spikes, but it's better on my sanity.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Rainuwastaken posted:

If there are 4+ mobs I think doom spike is the winner even if you have to wait a couple ticks. If it's 3-4 or less then just start single targeting. You should be single targeting by the time there are two left anyways.

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.
Thanks to everyone for the Machinist opinions a few pages ago! Figure I may as well try it in some POTD once I unlock the class just to check it out.

I started playing with a controller yesterday instead of M+K and I think I am enjoying it quite a bit more. Rotations feel more natural and easier to follow, but targeting mobs has a bit of a learning curve that I'm still getting used to.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Small question. If I pre-order Stormblood through the PSN, how exactly does the unlock work? I've never pre-ordered a game to be downloaded straight to my console. Will it download and then just lock until the early access or?

cheetah7071 posted:

You can change where they get sent, and also which hotbars are shared

What. How do I do that? That would be a drat godsend.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SonicRulez posted:

Small question. If I pre-order Stormblood through the PSN, how exactly does the unlock work? I've never pre-ordered a game to be downloaded straight to my console. Will it download and then just lock until the early access or?

On the preload date you can download it and then the data will be locked if PSN does any early loading, otherwise it will download when the big SB patch comes in.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

this game is WILD

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Lizard Wizard posted:

this game is WILD

Don't ever kupo to me or my son again?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Don't ever kupo to me or my son again?

please do imo

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

SL the Pyro posted:

https://gfycat.com/AdoredHighlevelDwarfmongoose

The Vanu questline was worth it just for this scene.

jfc :stare:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
It gets even better when you consider that's actually a voltron of potatoes in there.

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Hey EU players!

Since it's clear we've got enough people interested to get a neat little thing going and make a new FC, and we have decided on which was the most favourable existing Chaos server, and an announcement of brand new EU servers with free transfers, we've got one last poll to decide on if/when/how to jump aboard the low-ping train!

Vote here: https://www.strawpoll.me/12997820

Basically it's been narrowed down to Excalibur, Cerberus, new server, or ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Then we can chat to Sir Chairman and other organisers about getting this thing going.

Radioactive Toy
Sep 14, 2005

Nothing has ever happened here, nothing.

SonicRulez posted:

I'm not home currently, but all configuration for this should be in the Character Configuration -> Hotbar Settings -> Cross Tab. By default this is set to LT -> RT as the left half of Bar 8 and RT -> LT as the right half of Bar 8 but it should be fully customizable on that screen.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://soundcloud.com/susan-calloway/answers-24bit-96khz-mfit-master

Susan Calloway recorded a neat remix of Answers a while back it's pretty good

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

The best part of having all the HW beast tribes maxed is seeing the Vath, Moogle, and Vanu all dancing together on that little island near Ok'Zundu.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Finally got this dumb edgehorse for my edgelord. Now to get a floor200 clear that doesn't have a glass pumpkin :negative:

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
So I've leveled my DRK up to 37 in the last week after finally getting into HW content on Sunday and I'm hoping to reach 50 this weekend and start actually playing the expansion. One thing I feel a bit of trepidation about is tanking content as, well, I've only leveled one class to 50 prior and it was DPS.

Setting aside that a whole lot of dungeon bosses are "don't stay in the circle", "turn the boss around", "profit" and that the game is generally pretty easy if you're competent, what I'm looking for is if anyone knows of any sort of tank reference guide for the various dungeons/raids?

I know that there's the wiki and some encounters have more detailed descriptions than others but if anyone knows of another resource that I can go to to get to know what I should be doing before I roulette into a dungeon and fall on my face, it'd be much appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Just look up the mizzteq video for each dungeon before you queue if you feel like you need to, her dungeon vids are pretty succinct. You'll get pretty far just being honest with people at the start of the instance that you're a newbie tank and asking for tips.

• Locked thread