Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Trebuchet King posted:

You make a vision crystal and complete a couple relatively small collections, then go through a few potentially tricky fights.

Oh hey, that actually sounds fun. I was afraid it was just a huge collection quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Pic of the new Tempest specialization leaked.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6bwch9/leak_gw2_x2_elementalist_elite_specialization/

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
No butt, 0/10.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Harrow posted:

Oh hey, that actually sounds fun. I was afraid it was just a huge collection quest.

Nothing big, if you have most waypoints unlocked it should only take about an hour or two.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Really skeptical on this one. The art doesn't look like official GW2 art.

Sword Elementalist would be cool as hell if it happened, though.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Forgall posted:

No butt, 0/10.

I am playing the long con!

Yeah a bunch of people mention that it might be fake but I want to believe.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
It's fake. That light armor has barely any skin exposed.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Trebuchet King posted:

potentially tricky fights.

Not if you're a reaper :smug:

Not lookin' forward to doing it as quickly or painlessly on any other class though :smith:

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I've no idea if this is typical of leather farms, but I thought it was pretty amusing.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I didn't know Lake Doric was still popular, I should take an alt through it.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Speaking of!

quote:

Fixed a server crash.
In the Heart of the Volcano instance, when playing in a party, characters will now correctly be teleported off the barrier if they land in the center or die before hitting the barrier.
Arcane Power: The number of stacks this ability applies has been reduced from 5 to 4.
Elemental Surge: The duration of burning this ability applies has been reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.
Epidemic: Fixed a bug that caused conditions to not transfer on the fifth missile. The missiles fired from this ability will now pierce targets already struck by the skill. Removed the new functionality that caused condition durations to affect newly transferred conditions.
Increased the respawn time on several centaur spawns in Lake Doric.

about 21 minutes ago

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

they know we can just move to a different part of the centaur camp right

FlyTB20C
Sep 16, 2004

Trebuchet King posted:

You make a vision crystal and complete a couple relatively small collections, then go through a few potentially tricky fights.

There's no easy way to get a vision crystal, is there?

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

FlyTB20C posted:

You can get everything you need from the new maps from farming the resource nodes.

E: talking about the bloodstone, winterberries, petrified wood

dad on the rag fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 19, 2017

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

FlyTB20C posted:

craft it, or salvage an ascended chest piece i think

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

You get them occasionally out of the ascended mat eater bags, but the most reliable is 450 crafting and making them yourself, albeit you'll need to farm that leather pretty hard if you're poor

Also I am pretty sure the number of people with ascended items and salvage tools without 450 crafting is negligible at best

FlyTB20C
Sep 16, 2004

That's what I was afraid of. Time to actually level up a crafting skill I guess!

Ambi
Dec 30, 2011

Leave it to me
I'm pretty sure the Ascended Materials 30-day login rewards option contains a Vision crystal as well as 1-2 of a material.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
It does, that's how I got one for this collection (I was under a week away from getting it).

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

I like things that are dumb.

Ambi posted:

I'm pretty sure the Ascended Materials 30-day login rewards option contains a Vision crystal as well as 1-2 of a material.

This is 100% correct. Takes a while, but saves you the gold if you don't really have much reason to work on crafting otherwise.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I think my favourite part about this game is finding new cooking recipes through discovery. My bags are half full of various non-material ingredients.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Night Danger Moose posted:

I think my favourite part about this game is finding new cooking recipes through discovery. My bags are half full of various non-material ingredients.

Cooking is just SO robust. I'm constantly impressed without how many recipes there are and how they all make logical sense.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Wasn't there a website/blog or something once where someone tried to cook GW2 cooking recipes irl?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Illuyankas posted:

You get them occasionally out of the ascended mat eater bags, but the most reliable is 450 crafting and making them yourself, albeit you'll need to farm that leather pretty hard if you're poor

Also I am pretty sure the number of people with ascended items and salvage tools without 450 crafting is negligible at best

Vision crystals just need bloodstone dust, dragonite ore, empyreal thingies, and whatever the thing you buy from the toilet vendor is.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
The heck happened to leather prices during the last year? Did they tweak some crafting recipies to heavily demand leather?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Would I be a stupid idiot for making another Warrior that goes Sword/Shield & Bow with the express purpose of making a Link clone?
I never see anyone but Arus use shields and that's for cool guardian spells.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I wanted to play GW2 this weekend and do all the Living Story stuff I missed but my monitor is now just a mess of flashing pink and green so I guess no GW2 until I buy a new one :negative:

Well, either that, or find some way to play it on my TV

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Attestant posted:

The heck happened to leather prices during the last year? Did they tweak some crafting recipies to heavily demand leather?

No. They tweaked the recipies AND lowered the drop rate AND lowered the salvage rate.

Everyone knew it was dumb, sure nuff, it is still dumb.

FlyTB20C
Sep 16, 2004

Ambi posted:

THANK YOU! I always pick Laurels and never would have thought to do otherwise.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Trebuchet King posted:

Vision crystals just need bloodstone dust, dragonite ore, empyreal thingies, and whatever the thing you buy from the toilet vendor is.

Yah but you need to get to 450 crafting to make them and that's a lot of patches

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Harrow posted:

I wanted to play GW2 this weekend and do all the Living Story stuff I missed but my monitor is now just a mess of flashing pink and green so I guess no GW2 until I buy a new one :negative:

Well, either that, or find some way to play it on my TV

Any TV made in the last decade or so should have a USB port.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Or a HDMI slot, depending on your graphics card! I sit 18 inches from a 42 inch widescreen TV as a monitor and it owns

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

AnacondaHL posted:

No. They tweaked the recipies AND lowered the drop rate AND lowered the salvage rate.

Everyone knew it was dumb, sure nuff, it is still dumb.

Lovely. I wanted to finally give condi builds a proper go, but exotic Viper's costs like 120 gold worth of mats.

God drat it Anet.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Attestant posted:

Lovely. I wanted to finally give condi builds a proper go, but exotic Viper's costs like 120 gold worth of mats.

God drat it Anet.

Unless things have changed, most people skip on exotic because of the cost and instead make rampager or similar cheap ascended and then change it to vipers.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hello Sailor posted:

Any TV made in the last decade or so should have a USB port.

Yeah, the issue is just that it's on the other side of the room and I'm not really set up to use a mouse/keyboard while sitting somewhere that I can see the TV. If I could play GW2 with a controller, no problem.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Eltoasto posted:

Unless things have changed, most people skip on exotic because of the cost and instead make rampager or similar cheap ascended and then change it to vipers.

Crafting ascended is still 3 times the cost of exotic viper's gear, but right around HoT launch fulgurites harder to make due to chak gerent being broken, and people who had lots of armor boxes saved up from fractals skipping on the linseed oil and recipe costs for exotic HoT stat gear.

It's still a time saver to burn the extra few gold making a Hronk's magi piece and forge convert it instead of farming up 75 of each of the HoT map's ascended crap drops plus like 150,000 karma to make a HoT stat ascended insignia from scratch, if crafting is your only option and you don't have enough fractal journal pages or pvp league tokens to use the grandmaster mark boxes.

If you have access to the recent Living Story seasons, all the achievement meta reward exotic skins can select HoT stats, should save you the cost of gloves, hat, and shoulders for a bit of work.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Is dragons stand still the best way to get exp for mastery levels?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Rakeris posted:

Is dragons stand still the best way to get exp for mastery levels?

bloodstone fen gives good exp and isn't as time-reliant as dragon's stand

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

FlyTB20C posted:

That's what I was afraid of. Time to actually level up a crafting skill I guess!

Any crafting skill that goes up to 500 can make a vision crystal. The cheapest to do would probably be tailoring, if gw2crafts.net is anything to go by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Johnny Joestar posted:

bloodstone fen gives good exp and isn't as time-reliant as dragon's stand

But neither let you tank Tyrian masteries. I hate that they are split.

• Locked thread