Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

ZeroCount posted:

I don't think Mole Man's whacking stick has ever actually failed even once, from security guards to Spiderman to the Thing. At this point it has a better record than Ronan's universal weapon.

I love how consistent it is. He only ever aims for the shins, and it always works. The secrets of underground martial arts have bestowed upon him knowledge of the one weakpoint of every humanoid creature: the shins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

mind the walrus posted:

Moonshot hope that Mole Man has a tunnel to K'un-Lun where he learned his stick-whacking, turning into an Iron Fist crossover.

I'm surprised you know about K'un-Lun but don't know that Moleman created his own special secret martial arts technique!

wikipedia of all places posted:

Has developed a fighting style resembling the Japanese martial art of bōjutsu

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mole_Man

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I was wondering what Mole Man's superpower was but there it is. Blunt objects are the ultimate weapon in NSM universe.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

jyrque posted:

I was wondering what Mole Man's superpower was but there it is. Blunt objects are the ultimate weapon in NSM universe.

He should tie a brick to the end of his stick. That'd be it for Spider-Man.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Unkempt posted:

He should tie a brick to the end of his stick. That'd be it for Spider-Man.

Mole Man might be a villain but he's not a monstrous destroyer of worlds. :stare:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

jyrque posted:

Blunt objects are the ultimate weapon in NSM universe.

Why do you think the Kree universal weapons are hammers, rather than swords or guns?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Unkempt posted:

He should tie a brick to the end of his stick.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I always believed the Ultimate Nullifier contained the browsing history of Galactus.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
It nullifies the G on Galactus's chest, making it a C.

Cuck-lactus.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Push El Burrito posted:

I always believed the Ultimate Nullifier contained the browsing history of Galactus.

I imagine him being a big ol' peeping tom, peering through the sky at different worlds like a globe-sized King Kong looking through a window when he's on the side of a building.

"Hey, is that someone behind the moon?"
"Oh my god, I haven't told you. There's this creep in a purple Pope hat or something stalking me. I've called the cops but they say they can't do anything."
"Typical."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Speaking of the ultimate nullifier...

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Lurdiak posted:

Speaking of the ultimate nullifier...

I really need to know what happens in the immediate following page.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

freshlybaked posted:

galactus is ultimately nullified

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

freshlybaked posted:

Go nuts.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Now someone post the panels from Future Foundation where Scott Lang and co. Hold Uatu and his girlfriend hostage with what is definitely the Ultimate Nulifier and not a bent coat hanger, so that they can hide out at his moon palace.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lobok posted:

I imagine him being a big ol' peeping tom, peering through the sky at different worlds like a globe-sized King Kong looking through a window when he's on the side of a building.

"Hey, is that someone behind the moon?"
"Oh my god, I haven't told you. There's this creep in a purple Pope hat or something stalking me. I've called the cops but they say they can't do anything."
"Typical."

You just described The Watcher. Maybe that's why Uatu told Reed about the Nullifier. Galactus was edging onto his turf.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I know about The Watcher(s) but he can watch from wherever. Omniscience or Rear Window-style spying isn't much of a sight gag.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Says you.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lobok posted:

I know about The Watcher(s) but he can watch from wherever. Omniscience or Rear Window-style spying isn't much of a sight gag.

He still has to pop in every once in a while to drop burns on people.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

freshlybaked posted:

Pete points out that it's the Ultimate NULLIFIER. Not the ultimate destroyer or anything of the sort so it would more or less nullify everyone's powers and put everyone on an even playing field.
They then resolve the conflict by challenging Galactus to a baseball game.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

freshlybaked posted:

I went looking and the cover of that issue is fantastic:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well that was fast/

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I like how the first panel has all the emotional output of a casual elevator chat, yet they're talking about kidnapping women.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Kidnapping happens all the time in comics, no sense letting yourself stew over it v:v:v

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I can totally see Mole Man just giving Peter a big handshake. "Come on, what's a little kidnapping between family, new son-in-law?"

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
That's another whackin'

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Kidnapping happens all the time in comics, no sense letting yourself stew over it v:v:v
Can't be that common if Mole Man specifically remembers that right after he kidnapped this random guy's wife he met the love of his life.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Looks like the server's down. No spidey today! :(

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Yay!

Jesus, Maureen, do some research :rolleyes:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The audience is laughing at the movie I'm here to promote, good!

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
For once, Spider-Sense is warning him of imminent danger!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

A sequel released in theatres when the first film was only home release. That is loving comedy gold.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
So it's a morning show, but with the set layout of a late night show

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Zeeman posted:

Maureen has a late night show that lasts so long it transitions to a morning show. She sleeps during the day and has a drug problem

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Zeeman posted:

There is no difference between morning shows and late night shows in the Newspaper Spiderverse. It's one of the many little consequences of how time flows in that world.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

There is no difference between morning shows and late night shows in the Newspaper Spiderverse. It's one of the many little consequences of how time flows in that world.
Morning is simply later night.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

SilverSupernova posted:

Morning is simply later night.

While this is technically true it still feels wrong somehow.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
That doesn't look like a laughing audience :stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

EorayMel posted:

That doesn't look like a laughing audience :stonklol:

then maybe maureen should tell a joke instead of just repeating what mj just said in a surprised tone

• Locked thread