Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Knight posted:

Is that more or less credible than Trump, in your opinion? I've been told in this very thread that Trump's statements are meaningless and can't be trusted, as a defense of him.

I don't find politicians credible as a general rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Aesop Poprock posted:

And it's not that you actually care or remotely believe it it's just your gimmick to devils advocate impossible Trump defenses and that'll transfer to anyone who isn't Hillary Clinton after Trump is impeached or dead or both

I was actually getting down on the Don when the healthcare was happening and he was bombing Syria.... bigly disappointing... and then they whirred up the Russian conspiracy again and the sheer lunacy of it makes me want to defend the guy

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I love how you guys are basically admitting that you are defending Trump just because it makes you look cool with /pol/

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I was actually getting down on the Don when the healthcare was happening and he was bombing Syria.... bigly disappointing... and then they whirred up the Russian conspiracy again and the sheer lunacy of it makes me want to defend the guy

Even if the dude himself isn't implicated he's cocooned with other people who definitely, provably are so the investigation is a Good Thing even if you think it's obnoxious cause Putin and Russia are toxic global elements directly harmful to America and the rest of the world

And I don't want this to get semantic and turn into a "Isn't America the biggest world bully??" or whatever just pointing out that it's dumb for you to be against pointing out obvious corruption when that's your main problem with Hillary

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

That's pretty dumb.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bholder posted:

I love how you guys are basically admitting that you are defending Trump just because it makes you look cool with /pol/

What's /pol/

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Bholder posted:

Admit that Donald Trump has been an infinitely better president than any of the alternatives presented on the ballot. :^)

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Bholder posted:

what are your thoughts on genetics

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

lovely Wizard posted:

Admit that Donald Trump has been an infinitely better president than any of the alternatives presented on the ballot. :^)

I always forget that you exist until you post the dumbest possible poo poo every week or so

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Bholder posted:

I don't like Reddit or 4chan's layout so I can't even read them. I am but a humble goon

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Pol? What is pol?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI4Bk4Dv2m0

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I don't like Reddit or 4chan's layout so I can't even read them. I am but a humble goon

You're probably the biggest troll here though

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

i dunno about these websites bholder started taking about but perhaps he should go and post there instead?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i dunno about these websites bholder started taking about but perhaps he should go and post there instead?

he has similar thinking to them

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

The other day one of these guys was like "They're deleting threads on /the_Donald!"

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Bholder posted:

You're probably the biggest troll here though

The worst part is he's not even good at it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dizz posted:

The worst part is he's not even good at it.

Yes he is I respond to like every post he makes and I get mad

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
spunky is really good at what he does that is indisputable lol

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I am 100% genuine when I say I don't believe in this Russian conspiracy

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
he is the homo trumpus

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
"you're not even a good troll!"

*posts furiously*

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Comey said under oath in front of Congress that Trump didn't obstruct the Russian investigation.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I am 100% genuine when I say I don't believe in this Russian conspiracy

In what way? It's already been proven Trump has had people attached to his campaign/cabinet who have been directly involved with them. It's been proven he shared highly classified info with them. He fired Comey after he requested more money for the investigation and told the Russians he did it to cover it up. What exactly about everything that's come out would lead you to believe there's no possible weight behind the accusations other than just not wanting to?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Aesop Poprock posted:

In what way? It's already been proven Trump has had people attached to his campaign/cabinet who have been directly involved with them. It's been proven he shared highly classified info with them. He fired Comey after he requested more money for the investigation and told the Russians he did it to cover it up. What exactly about everything that's come out would lead you to believe there's no possible weight behind the accusations other than just not wanting to?

cOLLUSIOn NOT

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Aesop Poprock posted:

it's entirely possible that Trump himself was ignorant of the wrongdoing and didn't intend to commit a crime

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

well when the investigation is complete and they release the info to the public and I can see the case they've made, I will be glad to see Trump impeached or imprisoned or whatever

until I actually see some hard evidence forgive me for being skeptical, for decades now I've been conditioned to be distrustful of the American government and especially the intelligence services and I'm not going to change that now just because an orangutan with a spray tan got elected

It's fine to be skeptical and to withhold judgment. But you do have to admit, it looks like Trump has something to hide, and he's flailing about desperately shouting, "DON'T LOOK DON'T LOOK NOTHING TO SEE HERE!"

Plus, I've said it before and I'll see it again - anything that diminishes this syphilitic lunatic's ability to gently caress poo poo up for the world, is A Good Thing.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Snatch Duster posted:

Comey said under oath in front of Congress that Trump didn't obstruct the Russian investigation.

Was this before or after Trump fired Comey to try and kill the Russian investigation?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Snatch Duster posted:

The gently caress are you talking about? When? This news is nowhere

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Snatch Duster posted:

Well yeah, firing Comey won't stop the investigation.

But Trump is too stupid to realise that.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Aesop Poprock posted:

In what way? It's already been proven Trump has had people attached to his campaign/cabinet who have been directly involved with them.

Flynn did something so now Trump should be impeached? It's also not illegal to have business ties to Russia

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's been proven he shared highly classified info with them.

Who proved this. Also he can tell them whatever he wants.

Aesop Poprock posted:

He fired Comey after he requested more money for the investigation and told the Russians he did it to cover it up.

This is an interpretation of events. I see it like "He thought Comey sucked"

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Majorian posted:

It's fine to be skeptical and to withhold judgment. But you do have to admit, it looks like Trump has something to hide, and he's flailing about desperately shouting, "DON'T LOOK DON'T LOOK NOTHING TO SEE HERE!"

Plus, I've said it before and I'll see it again - anything that diminishes this syphilitic lunatic's ability to gently caress poo poo up for the world, is A Good Thing.

I never said it didn't look suspicious, my whole argument is that if they're gonna nail him they need to provide more than just anonymous sources. An anonymous source might be an official with intense knowledge of the inner workings of the Trump administration, or it might be the White House landscaper who doesn't know poo poo.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

VikingSkull posted:

it's entirely possible that Trump himself was ignorant of the wrongdoing and didn't intend to commit a crime

Hmmm... reminds me of a certain someone who needed to be "locked up" for a similar situation...

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

VikingSkull posted:

He fired Comey and admitted to the Russians he did it to bury the investigation. What is missing here. The WH isn't even denying it anymore because they can't. I'm pretty sure that would be a crime that he should know about

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It was on cspan....

Lmao you idiots don't even go to the source just listen to whatever buzzfeed and CNN tell you hahahaha.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Flynn did something so now Trump should be impeached? It's also not illegal to have business ties to Russia

Who proved this. Also he can tell them whatever he wants.

"I faced great pressure because of Russia. That's taken off" = 'he thought Comey sucked'

:jerkbag:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Bholder posted:

Hmmm... reminds me of a certain someone who needed to be "locked up" for a similar situation...

precedent is a dangerous thing to set when you do so down party lines

Aesop Poprock posted:

He fired Comey and admitted to the Russians he did it to bury the investigation. What is missing here. The WH isn't even denying it anymore because they can't. I'm pretty sure that would be a crime that he should know about

do you seriously believe that firing the FBI Director ends investigations the FBI has ongoing? you seriously believe that?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

quote:

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

Dude I really think you should just give up at this point

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A Typical Goon posted:

"I faced great pressure because of Russia. That's taken off" = 'he thought Comey sucked'

:jerkbag:

Is there a recording of Trump saying that in the closed door meeting with the Russian minister? I would very much like to hear it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Snatch Duster posted:

It was on cspan....

Lmao you idiots don't even go to the source just listen to whatever buzzfeed and CNN tell you hahahaha.

when did this happen. There are literally no breaking reports or tweets about this anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Aesop Poprock posted:

Dude I really think you should just give up at this point

You're basing your information off what, where did this report come from. Who said it. Where is proof

• Locked thread