Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

VikingSkull posted:

do you seriously believe that firing the FBI Director ends investigations the FBI has ongoing? you seriously believe that?

Trump does apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You're basing your information off what, where did this report come from. Who said it. Where is proof

Where's yours?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Snatch Duster posted:

It was on cspan....

Lmao you idiots don't even go to the source just listen to whatever buzzfeed and CNN tell you hahahaha.

In other words, you misremembered, because as usual, you don't know what you're talking about.

VikingSkull posted:

precedent is a dangerous thing to set when you do so down party lines

Well, yeah, but keep in mind, it was Trump who threatened Clinton directly in a debate by saying that he was going to get a special prosecutor to "look into her situation." "Her situation" being "EMAILS." I'm not saying we should lock Trump up based on the criteria he laid out in his case against Clinton, because that criteria was insane, but let's face the facts: the dude kind of escalated poo poo over the past couple years.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Bholder posted:

Trump does apparently

Which changes things...how?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Aesop Poprock posted:

when did this happen. There are literally no breaking reports or tweets about this anywhere

here you go

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
It's not even about the actual Russian conspiracy anymore but I totally believe that Trump is such a flailing idiot that he's miring himself so deep in this quagmire that he'll hang himself on Obstruction or some poo poo trying to force it to go away instead of just kicking back and letting it die quietly.

I will applaud all of this for no higher reason than to watch all the "11d chess MAGA" idiots be proven they worship a dunce.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Her exact words were "attorney general or senior officials at the department of justice"

Which of those is Trump?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Lemming posted:

Her exact words were "attorney general or senior officials at the department of justice"

Which of those is Trump?

lmao

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

A Typical Goon posted:

lol like who gives a poo poo if the idiotic national embarrassment of a president committed a felony

Hhahahahahah

This is what liberals actually believe

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Bholder posted:

Where's yours?

Actually you need to provide evidence to prove guilt.

Not just "A RANDOM SOURCE SAID UGGGHGHH :jerkbag:

You're talking about accusing the president of treason lmao

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You're basing your information off what, where did this report come from. Who said it. Where is proof

Are you just one of those people who won't believe unsourced reporting, which is one of the most important aspects of journalism?

Here's a good example of why it's almost certainly 100% true: The WH is not refuting it and is in fact just just escalating attacks on Comey

quote:

"The President has always emphasized the importance of making deals with Russia as it relates to Syria, Ukraine, defeating ISIS and other key issues for the benefit and safety of the American people," Spicer said in a statement to CNN. "By grandstanding and politicizing the investigation into Russia's actions, James Comey created unnecessary pressure on our ability to engage and negotiate with Russia."

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Your entire argument is dependent on being technically incorrect when talking about someone who's been a lawyer for like 30 years

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Snatch Duster posted:

Is there a recording of Trump saying that in the closed door meeting with the Russian minister? I would very much like to hear it.
It was written down in a White House memo as what Trump said to the Russians. This is the White House themselves writing it down and saying that Trump said it. Why do you think Spicer all but confirmed it? Trump said it. Deal with it.

Well there's a good thing it's been a slow couple Newsweek and nothing has changed in the two week since then...

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

There is more evidence that Keith Obermann committed treason than Trump lol.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

They had proof. That's how journalism works. You don't have to reveal your sources at the scene, and in fact doing so could prove harmful to both the quality of reporting and to the person reported as the source. Are you entirely ignorant on this.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Lemming posted:

Your entire argument is dependent on being technically incorrect when talking about someone who's been a lawyer for like 30 years

I mean, I figure that would have been a good time for him to go public with what he had instead of waiting until after he got fired so he didn't look like a vindictive oval office making poo poo up

He is a fine, upstanding person, and a great American, after all

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Hhahahahahah

This is what liberals actually believe

You believe Trump is going to come out of this undamaged.

This is what Trumpenproles actually believe.:laugh:

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

Are you just one of those people who won't believe unsourced reporting, which is one of the most important aspects of journalism?

Here's a good example of why it's almost certainly 100% true: The WH is not refuting it and is in fact just just escalating attacks on Comey

he won't accept Trump's own words because 'lol the dudes just a jokester.' there is no standard od proof strong enough if it paints Trump poorly, he's just sending you on goose chases.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

I mean, I figure that would have been a good time for him to go public with what he had instead of waiting until after he got fired so he didn't look like a vindictive oval office making poo poo up

I think Comey sucks balls but that doesn't mean he didn't get all his ducks in a row to obliterate Trump if he got fired lol

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I'm willing to bet one of those anonymous insiders is Spicer himself

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Aesop Poprock posted:

They had proof. That's how journalism works. You don't have to reveal your sources at the scene, and in fact doing so could prove harmful to both the quality of reporting and to the person reported as the source. Are you entirely ignorant on this.

It's about ethics in yellow rag journalism

Lol

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

You are aware that the actual obstruction of justice was he firing of Comey which happened after the congressional testimony right?

Are you being purposely disingenuous or are you just a retard

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

VikingSkull posted:

Nobody thinks Comey is good as a human being but that doesn't mean he's not useful for bringing down Trump and Trump isn''t a total moron for thinking he could get away with firing him in the middle of an investigation unscathed

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A Typical Goon posted:

You are aware that the actual obstruction of justice was he firing of Comey which happened after the congressional testimony right?

Hahahaha how is replacing the director of the fbi obstruction of justice. The investigation can still continue without Comey.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

A Typical Goon posted:

Trump supporters are about as mentally sophisticated as Trump

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I swear these idiots lapping up this poo poo believe that the world is a film nior or something loving lmao.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Snatch Duster posted:

It's about ethics in yellow rag journalism

Lol

Jesus Christ dude research even the bare minimum of what checks and balances journalists and editors do before releasing reports like this. The dude 100% said what was reported.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Snatch Duster posted:

Hahahaha how is replacing the director of the fbi obstruction of justice. The investigation can still continue without Comey.

Because he just admitted his intent.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Lemming posted:

I think Comey sucks balls but that doesn't mean he didn't get all his ducks in a row to obliterate Trump if he got fired lol

A Typical Goon posted:

Aesop Poprock posted:

Nobody thinks Comey is good as a human being but that doesn't mean he's not useful for bringing down Trump and Trump isn''t a total moron for thinking he could get away with firing him in the middle of an investigation unscathed

it is totally not a problem that the FBI Director withheld information from Congress that Trump asked for an investigation into one of his associates be ended

in fact, it's good that he kept an ace in the hole in the event he was fired

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Snatch Duster posted:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/332741-comey-sought-funding-increase-for-russia-probe-before-firing-report

What a coincidence huh

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Snatch Duster posted:

Hahahaha how is replacing the director of the fbi obstruction of justice.

When he's investigating the President, and it's the President who fires him, that's pretty much a textbook case of obstruction of justice.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

VikingSkull posted:

it is totally not a problem that the FBI Director withheld information from Congress that Trump asked for an investigation into one of his associates be ended

Looks that way yeah. But don't you guys think this information is like false or something why do you even care. If Comey's lying or whatever you're trying to pretzel your mind around (I can't even tell what your arguments are at this point) then he's the one who will eat poo poo

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Aesop Poprock posted:

Jesus Christ dude research even the bare minimum of what checks and balances journalists and editors do before releasing reports like this. The dude 100% said what was reported.

You consider media outlets that seriously report on how many scoops of ice cream the president had after a meal credible source of unbiased information?

Get the gently caress out of here lol.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Snatch Duster posted:

it's obstruction if trump intended to “influence, obstruct, or impede” comey's investigation into the russia business, not whether the action actually impeded it

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

Comey sucking doesn't make Trump suck any less, no matter how hard you believe it does

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

When he's investigating the President, and it's the President who fires him, that's pretty much a textbook case of obstruction of justice.

Comey was the only man on the case. No one else. poo poo idiots believe.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Aesop Poprock posted:

Looks that way yeah. But don't you guys think this information is like false or something why do you even care

I've never said that Trump was clean in this

what I've always maintained was that the media and numerous parts of the government are corrupt as gently caress and if any of them want me to believe anything they say, they better have goddamn proof that doesn't require me to take their word for it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Snatch Duster posted:

You consider media outlets that seriously report on how many scoops of ice cream the president had after a meal credible source of unbiased information?

Get the gently caress out of here lol.

You just tried to use a quote from Comey from half a month ago before Trump actually obviously obstructed justice to prove that he didn't. Why the gently caress should anyone take even a single word you say seriously

They shouldn't already, because you're Snatch Duster and a proven liar and exaggerator but you're not doing yourself any favors on this very page

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

I've never said that Trump was clean in this

what I've always maintained was that the media and numerous parts of the government are corrupt as gently caress and if any of them want me to believe anything they say, they better have goddamn proof that doesn't require me to take their word for it

Every post you make is defending Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Trey Gowdy is skeptical of the whole Russia thing and obsfruction of justics. He is legit good dude and has head for these justice.

• Locked thread