Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DoctorGonzo posted:

So they are on lunchbreak or something?

Thunderstorms moving through the area, once they clear up it should be good for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

DoctorGonzo posted:

So they are on lunchbreak or something?

Whats on the stream right now should answer that question.

It looks like we will get some more track time later, not sure how much rain fell but it seemed like a fairly quick storm.

e: beaten

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iospace posted:

Thunderstorms moving through the area, once they clear up it should be good for a while.

Thank you. I just fired up the ps4 and they said that.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

IMS hoping for a green flag at 4:15 local.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
Just sent out from the series:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

5min warning to green!

e: greengreengreen

Cygni fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 19, 2017

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Ugh. Stream is crappy out for me. And when it works it's potato quality.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Good lord the stream has fallen apart.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

It all started when they began putting a logo in the upper left. It's like they're using OBS on a really horrible computer.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

This is Indycar, so that's probably exactly it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Stream partially clipped by the operator playing PUBG on the side

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Big hit for Pigot just as the stream started working. He seems fine.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Bentai posted:

It all started when they began putting a logo in the upper left. It's like they're using OBS on a really horrible computer.

And the stream looks great now that they don't have that logo anymore!

And Pigot's in the wall.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

He hit at a weird angle, maybe the suspension broke?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Spigot popped a leak. :(

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

When I saw they went out with low drag sidepods on the car, part of me was thinking that was a mistake. Why even bother, everyone is making the race. Probably would have been smarter as a new team to just keep working on race-day setups.

Hope theyve got a backup...

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Rossi and RHR both casually running 231's and they aren't even full trim...

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Not gonna lie, sometimes I see Alonso's car and almost pinch myself still.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

FartingBedpost posted:

Not gonna lie, sometimes I see Alonso's car and almost pinch myself still.

You're not pinching yourself hard enough, there's no way the best driver in F1 in actually skipping Monaco to race the 500. It's obviously mass hysteria.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

wicka posted:

You're not pinching yourself hard enough, there's no way the best driver in F1 in actually skipping Monaco to race the 500. It's obviously mass hysteria.

lol like any teenager knows who Ferdinando Alex-so is over Danica Patrick, idiot.

But seriously, it's not only that. It shouldn't be surprising that he's doing well, but I'm still a little giddy that he is doing well. I'm more surprised that Alonso was allowed to do Indy, and I hope it opens the door for more F1 drivers.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

FartingBedpost posted:

lol like any teenager knows who Ferdinando Alex-so is over Danica Patrick, idiot.

But seriously, it's not only that. It shouldn't be surprising that he's doing well, but I'm still a little giddy that he is doing well. I'm more surprised that Alonso was allowed to do Indy, and I hope it opens the door for more F1 drivers.

He would not have been allowed if Ron Dennis were still running McLaren, that's for drat sure.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

wicka posted:

He would not have been allowed if Ron Dennis were still running McLaren, that's for drat sure.

I would think that Ron would like the symmetry of Indianapolis; but yeah, this is a fortunate side-effect of Ron being fired.

I'm also surprised by only JPM being up there for Penske, but I'm certain they'll find an extra 2 mph or so by tomorrow.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

wicka posted:

It's insanely, unbelievably stupid because it effectively limits your audience to the people who are already watching. You're undermining your ability to attract new fans because so few people are going to spend money to attend an event they've never seen before. Several sports have done studies related to TV blackouts and shown that attendance increases when a blackout is lifted (CITATION NEEDED), because you're actually advertising your sport.

And it's so unbelievably obvious this would be the case.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Veach beached. :(

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Whoa, that looks like it was a huge hit for Veach.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

They should really find a way to entirely line the track with a continuous SAFER barrier.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So after happy hour ends hoy many hours to q1 and it will be streamed by indys youtube channel?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Not all of it will be, since part of it is live on ABC.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

They'll turn the stream on whenever they're not on the air, IIRC.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I see, and in how many hours?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I think 18 hours from now?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Bentai posted:

Veach beached. :(

1 career IndyCar start, never run in the bigcars on the oval, all 33 cars are starting regardless, and their equipment is nowhere near Top 9 speed... and they were running trimmed qualsims? People letting the emotion get to em.

NO FUN ALLOWED.

Cygni fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 19, 2017

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Took me a while to dig up this old photo, but this is my first Indy specific memory. I grew up around the cars and teams, but didnt go to Indy personally until '92. My dad wanted to go as a fan for once (he was working on Spice's GTPs at the time), and help his friend Rocky Moran who had somehow got a 2 year old chassis and engine and wanted to try to make a run at it with a 3 man crew. Yes, 3. Pitstops-shmitstops.

We showed up the morning Jovy Marcello died, unfortunately. But I was a gigantic diehard Al Jr fan, and my dad was his chief mechanic back in 82 when they won the Can Am championship, so he introduced me and i was so embarrassed and starstruck that i think i may have cried while Al Jr laughed.

ladies prepare ur panties cause the boss rear end player of the year 1992 IMS edition is here:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

SO 90'S

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Cygni posted:

Took me a while to dig up this old photo, but this is my first Indy specific memory. I grew up around the cars and teams, but didnt go to Indy personally until '92. My dad wanted to go as a fan for once (he was working on Spice's GTPs at the time), and help his friend Rocky Moran who had somehow got a 2 year old chassis and engine and wanted to try to make a run at it with a 3 man crew. Yes, 3. Pitstops-shmitstops.

We showed up the morning Jovy Marcello died, unfortunately. But I was a gigantic diehard Al Jr fan, and my dad was his chief mechanic back in 82 when they won the Can Am championship, so he introduced me and i was so embarrassed and starstruck that i think i may have cried while Al Jr laughed.

ladies prepare ur panties cause the boss rear end player of the year 1992 IMS edition is here:

Are you wearing a romper?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I bet you still wear that hat when posting

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Why stop a good thing?

Forgot to mention my brother ended up on the front of the Indy Star sports section in '93 in a similar picture. Only reason we found out about it was someone recognized him on the flight home to Phoenix.

Oddly, I have no recollection of the flight home, despite the fact that apparently a woman seated maybe one or two rows ahead did not survive the flight :v:

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDebIF-R5iQ

I was in penthouse E and yelled OH NOOOO real loud when this happened and a yellow shirt laughed at me :(

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/marcuslemonis/status/865698010877108226

Huh.

That was an unexpected sponsor. A good one though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

That's awesome. Sponsoring Dixon for the 500 seems like a no-brainer. He's going to be in contention for pole for the win. Surprised it took so long.

• Locked thread