Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

Ixian posted:

IRS fees are 2% or close enough (they contract with several processors).

(Lots of stuff)

I wasn't doing my math based on points * multiplier * redemption option. I'm talking about the BofA Travel, with their top status you get 2.64% cash back. No variable redemption/transfer poo poo, just cash back. 1.87% on Pay1040 to pay my taxes. That's 77 basis points net on that transaction.

I'm not advocating most people do it. Hell, I wouldn't have done it normally. But it DID make sense to do this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
For Ultimate Rewards redemption, you can get silly good value out of Hyatt stays. Have 140k points set aside for a trip to Maui, Tokyo, or the Maldives some time in the next year. That 140k will get me 7 nights in Maui, add another 10k points (total of 150k) for 5 nights in Tokyo, or use that same 150k points for 6 nights in the Maldives. Respective cash values of $3843, $2480, and $4950.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Nur_Neerg posted:

For Ultimate Rewards redemption, you can get silly good value out of Hyatt stays.
This didn't change too much with the Hyatt rewards revamp in the last 6 months or so?

asur
Dec 28, 2012

Ixian posted:

Yes. It is the max, "ideal" rate you will get, at least according to sites like ThePointsGuy, etc.

I've gotten the best redemption from hotels. However you have to dog the process - some hotels on the reward site jack up rates vs. other places, and others refuse to grant their own loyalty points, etc. Often this happens even inside major chains on a property-by-property basis.

Example: Stayed at a Marriott in Sydney last year, good rate, but no Marriott points (it wasn't one of those "unaffiliated" hotels either, you could get Marriott points if you booked through them). Stayed at one in Copenhagen this year, good rate, and I got points. So go figure.

Basically, do your research and you can make out quite well with Sapphire points.

2.1 cents per point isn't even remotely close to an ideal rate. It's a reasonable number based on the various redemption options and in general assumes that you either transfer to partners or take deals as straight redemptions are in the 1-1.5 range. An ideal rate would be like 10+ cents per point based transfer to airlines for first class tickets.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

This didn't change too much with the Hyatt rewards revamp in the last 6 months or so?

My account still seems to work the same, and they make it ridiculously easy to check blackout dates and costs and everything. If the dates you're searching for won't show point options, there's just no availability, can play around with the calendar a bit to see when works.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Nur_Neerg posted:

For Ultimate Rewards redemption, you can get silly good value out of Hyatt stays. Have 140k points set aside for a trip to Maui, Tokyo, or the Maldives some time in the next year. That 140k will get me 7 nights in Maui, add another 10k points (total of 150k) for 5 nights in Tokyo, or use that same 150k points for 6 nights in the Maldives. Respective cash values of $3843, $2480, and $4950.

Thanks for breaking this down. We used a handful of points for a few nights for the Park Hyatt in Milan and I was wondering what to do with the rest.

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug

asur posted:

2.1 cents per point isn't even remotely close to an ideal rate. It's a reasonable number based on the various redemption options and in general assumes that you either transfer to partners or take deals as straight redemptions are in the 1-1.5 range. An ideal rate would be like 10+ cents per point based transfer to airlines for first class tickets.

I was talking averages. Also show me where I can get business/first class with 10+ cents per Sapphire point and I will buy a ticket immediately if it is somewhere I am remotely interested in going.

Transferring to Star Alliance airlines, at least, doesn't come close to that.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Nur_Neerg posted:

The Andaz Tokyo isn't the absolute best location but that hotel is otherwise pretty much perfect.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Barry posted:

The Andaz Tokyo isn't the absolute best location but that hotel is otherwise pretty much perfect.

I was looking at the Park Hyatt in Shinjuku, but honestly haven't even really started planning that trip out yet.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Park Hyatt is a better location, Andaz is a better hotel, depending somewhat what your tastes and preferences are.

I stayed at the Hilton Tokyo for a few days which is right next to the Park Hyatt and a really great hotel in it's own right.

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If only Hyatt had the coverage of Marriott or Hilton, their rewards would make it so I'd never consider another hotel brand. Staying at Andaz this fall.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
While we're on the topic, is the Hyatt in the Maldives as awesome as I think it is/worth the redemption?

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Pillbug
My favorite Tokyo hotel is the Capitol Hotel in Chiyoda. It's not the absolute best location for walking - it's next to the Diet, which is a pretty staid area - but sits right on top of a major subway exit (Chiyoda) which thanks to being situated near government offices has easy access to pretty much everywhere.

It's also a kick rear end hotel that doesn't cost nearly as much as similar 5 star properties in Shinjuku, etc. No points program though, other than its own.

If you are part of Marriott rewards the Ritz-Carlton Tokyo in Roppongi Hills is excellent and often has killer point redemption's. Decent location too.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Barry posted:

I stayed at the Hilton Tokyo for a few days which is right next to the Park Hyatt and a really great hotel in it's own right.

I'm staying there in a week and I'm really looking forward to it! Still have my Hilton Diamond status match too.

Ixian posted:

My favorite Tokyo hotel is the Capitol Hotel in Chiyoda. It's not the absolute best location for walking - it's next to the Diet, which is a pretty staid area - but sits right on top of a major subway exit (Chiyoda) which thanks to being situated near government offices has easy access to pretty much everywhere.

It's also a kick rear end hotel that doesn't cost nearly as much as similar 5 star properties in Shinjuku, etc. No points program though, other than its own.

If you are part of Marriott rewards the Ritz-Carlton Tokyo in Roppongi Hills is excellent and often has killer point redemption's. Decent location too.

IMO the best hotel in Tokyo is any business hotel that has a beer vending machine at the end of the hall so you can get wrecked on Kirins at 300 yen a pop without even putting on your shoes.

Incidentally this is what I was doing when I applied for my current job :v:

pig slut lisa fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 22, 2017

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

pig slut lisa posted:

I'm staying there in a week and I'm really looking forward to it! Still have my Hilton Diamond status match too.

With Diamond you'll get access to the breakfast buffet which is totally outstanding.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
So this morning I checked rewards flight at AA.com on a whim and found a nice round-trip from Europe to the west coast US for only 30k a trip in July and wanted to book it but I thought I'd think about it first. I just thought about it all day while at work and now I checked again and it's 60k/30k now.

So the first question is does anyone with more experience with AA flights know if it's possible/likely that it might get reduced back to 30k? I'm sure it's just some kind of algorithm that changes dynamically right?

Second, assuming it does go back down and I want to book it, what's the best way to get the most out of my rewards? I have 66k in my CSP card and 17k in my AA account. I've never actually used my CSP rewards before so I'm not sure how that works, but don't I use them to "buy" AA miles? So I'd just use it to buy enough miles to book my flight?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Boris Galerkin posted:

So this morning I checked rewards flight at AA.com on a whim and found a nice round-trip from Europe to the west coast US for only 30k a trip in July and wanted to book it but I thought I'd think about it first. I just thought about it all day while at work and now I checked again and it's 60k/30k now.

So the first question is does anyone with more experience with AA flights know if it's possible/likely that it might get reduced back to 30k? I'm sure it's just some kind of algorithm that changes dynamically right?

Second, assuming it does go back down and I want to book it, what's the best way to get the most out of my rewards? I have 66k in my CSP card and 17k in my AA account. I've never actually used my CSP rewards before so I'm not sure how that works, but don't I use them to "buy" AA miles? So I'd just use it to buy enough miles to book my flight?

Algorithmically, flights are cheapest on Tuesday afternoons through Thursday mornings. The "fare" you'll see increases with increased marginal demand of the flight, including when you've searched that flight a couple of times. Airlines use cookies and other opaque pricing strategies to ensure they suck every marginal dollar out of you, so clear your cache, wait til Tuesday afternoon and the lower fare you saw might be back.

Or it might not! :iiam:

asur
Dec 28, 2012

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Algorithmically, flights are cheapest on Tuesday afternoons through Thursday mornings. The "fare" you'll see increases with increased marginal demand of the flight, including when you've searched that flight a couple of times. Airlines use cookies and other opaque pricing strategies to ensure they suck every marginal dollar out of you, so clear your cache, wait til Tuesday afternoon and the lower fare you saw might be back.

This is true for normal pricing, but isn't true for award flights in general. Normally airlines release a certain amount of seats for saver availability and that's it.

Chase can't transfer to AA regardless so you'd need to do something else.

asur fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 22, 2017

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Use Awardhacker.com

Baddog
May 12, 2001
I have a good amount of points on AA, the problem is the limited amount of cheap SAAVER seats they offer. I need 3, and it seems like 2 is the most they have on the popular routes.

It really devalues their points for me. Single guys can fly to dubai or wherever in first for the same amount of points i need to get three people to florida in steerage.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Baddog posted:

I have a good amount of points on AA, the problem is the limited amount of cheap SAAVER seats they offer. I need 3, and it seems like 2 is the most they have on the popular routes.

It really devalues their points for me. Single guys can fly to dubai or wherever in first for the same amount of points i need to get three people to florida in steerage.

How far out are you booking? I guess the most popular routes I look at only have 12.5k point routes, but still.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Is it feasible to make a large (~$5k) purchase on a rewards card, then transfer that balance to a card with no transfer fees and an intro 0% APR offer?

I'm not spending beyond my means, but I want to keep my emergency fund intact and spread the purchase out over a few months. Buying with the rewards card, then transferring, seems like a free benefit, but it feels like the kind of loophole that might've been closed by now.

(For context, this would be with the freedom unlimited, 1.5% back that I'd move to ultimate rewards, then transferring to a Citi simplicity card.)

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Cheston posted:

Is it feasible to make a large (~$5k) purchase on a rewards card, then transfer that balance to a card with no transfer fees and an intro 0% APR offer?

I'm not spending beyond my means, but I want to keep my emergency fund intact and spread the purchase out over a few months. Buying with the rewards card, then transferring, seems like a free benefit, but it feels like the kind of loophole that might've been closed by now.

(For context, this would be with the freedom unlimited, 1.5% back that I'd move to ultimate rewards, then transferring to a Citi simplicity card.)
I have no input on the balance transfer stuff as I've never done it. But, if you're gonna spend that much and the goal is UR points, why wouldn't you open a CSR for the sign-up bonus?

Edit: forgot the bonus is only 50k instead of 100k now.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I have no input on the balance transfer stuff as I've never done it. But, if you're gonna spend that much, why wouldn't you open a CSR if the goal is UR points?

Good question. Cheston, I'm unclear if you already hold the Freedom Unlimited and the Citi Simplicity or if you'd be applying to one/both.

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Pillbug

Cheston posted:

They aren't going to let you do that. Conceivably you could try by paying with balance transfer checks instead but I doubt it. Also those usually carry fees.

You aren't the first one to think of this and the final answer is probably buried somewhere in your cardholder agreement.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Ixian posted:

They aren't going to let you do that. Conceivably you could try by paying with balance transfer checks instead but I doubt it. Also those usually carry fees.

You aren't the first one to think of this and the final answer is probably buried somewhere in your cardholder agreement.

Could you elaborate on this? Cheston's post read like a textbook balance transfer to me, though I've personally never done one.

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Pillbug

astral posted:

Could you elaborate on this? Cheston's post read like a textbook balance transfer to me, though I've personally never done one.

Going from one Chase card to another taking advantage of the promo/points/rates for both? Again, he/she'd need to read the cardholder agreement. I don't work for Chase but this seems unlikely. Transferring a balance from one Chase card to another doesn't seem like an event that would qualify as paying off the balance for points as Chase defines it.

I have a CSR myself and the agreement clearly states balance transfers and cash advances do not count towards point redemption though it is unclear whether that applies to this particular scheme. Probably only one way to find out.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Ixian posted:

Going from one Chase card to another taking advantage of the promo/points/rates for both? Again, he/she'd need to read the cardholder agreement. I don't work for Chase but this seems unlikely. Transferring a balance from one Chase card to another doesn't seem like an event that would qualify as paying off the balance for points as Chase defines it.

Their balance transfer destination would be a Citi card, though, not a Chase card. It's true that same-bank balance transfers are generally not allowed.

quote:

I have a CSR myself and the agreement clearly states balance transfers and cash advances do not count towards point redemption though it is unclear whether that applies to this particular scheme. Probably only one way to find out.

This just means that if you do a balance transfer (or cash advance) to your CSR, you don't earn points on the amount transferred (or advanced) like you normally would for a purchase.

e: Looking back, I see what probably caused some misunderstanding - I read their phrasing of 'move to ultimate rewards' as poor wording for transferring the UR points earned from the freedom unlimited to a CSP or CSR to be able to redeem them at a higher value. I don't think they meant that they wanted to do more than one balance transfer. :)

astral fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 23, 2017

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Oh! Yeah, my mistake. I have a CSR and a freedom unlimited- it's not a travel/restaurant purchase, so I get the most points (1.5/$) from buying with the freedom card and then moving the points over. I already met the requirements for both cards' sign up bonuses, this is just regular use.

I don't have the Citi card yet- I'm applying for it once I'm sure this is a valid approach. But from what people have said it sounds okay?

**poo poo, I just noticed the simplicity card has a balance transfer fee. 3%, thought it was free. Never mind! Might be worth it depending on the redemption but I'll probably just use the simplicity card directly.

***I've been meaning to get a Chase Freedom card anyways, and just noticed it has 0% APR for fifteen months, so I'm going to apply for and use that, unless a better deal comes to anyone's mind. Sorry for throwing the thread off!

Cheston fucked around with this message at 09:04 on May 23, 2017

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Okay so I just checked again at work and it's dropped back down to 30k/30k. So it seems like that's fine except,

asur posted:

Chase can't transfer to AA regardless so you'd need to do something else.

Well this is a problem. I thought CSP was so good because it let you transfer the points to anything? I just checked flights from within the CSP Ultimate Rewards page and yeah all the flights are either full price ($1500+) or costs 120k+ points. Plus it's a bit slow and doesn't let me do flexible dates which makes the site really unusable.

So there's no way for me to buy cheap/free tickets for this then?

e: this award hacker site is neat

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 12:33 on May 23, 2017

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Boris Galerkin posted:

Well this is a problem. I thought CSP was so good because it let you transfer the points to anything? I just checked flights from within the CSP Ultimate Rewards page and yeah all the flights are either full price ($1500+) or costs 120k+ points. Plus it's a bit slow and doesn't let me do flexible dates which makes the site really unusable.

So there's no way for me to buy cheap/free tickets for this then?

e: this award hacker site is neat

I remember being confused about this when I started with Ultimate Rewards. You can use your URs in three ways, two of which apply to travel. As this article says:

quote:

REDEMPTION OPTIONS

You have three options for redeeming Ultimate Rewards:

1. Cash Back — Earn credit on your statement at a flat rate of 1 cent per point.

2. Ultimate Rewards Travel Redemptions — Book travel through the Ultimate Rewards Travel Center and redeem points to pay for your plane tickets, hotel stays, rental cars or experiences. As a holder of the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card or the Ink Plus Business Card, you’ll get a 20% discount when paying with points, so each point is worth 1.25 cents (e.g., a $100 hotel room would only cost 8,000 points).

3. Transfer to Travel Partners — If you hold the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card or the Ink Pus Business Card, you can transfer Ultimate Rewards to seven airline programs (British Airways, Korean Air, Singapore Airlines, Southwest, United,Virgin Atlantic and the very recently added Flying Blue program used by Air France and KLM) and four hotel programs (Hyatt, IHG, Marriott and Ritz-Carlton). All transfer ratios are 1:1, and you must transfer in 1,000-point increments. Note that late last year, Chase removed Amtrak as a transfer partner.

#2 is the one that lets you apply your points to air travel on any airline (that you book through the Chase travel portal), but #3 is the one that offers the opportunity for the greatest value, especially if you want to book flights in premium cabins.

An example:

Let's say you want to book a Korean Airlines flight in first class from Los Angeles to Seoul and Korean is selling the ticket for $5,000 (just making up a number here). As a CSP holder, you could spend 400,000 URs at a value of $.0125 to buy the ticket. That's a ton of URs, although you don't have to worry about finding award availability. However, you could alternatively transfer your UR into Korean Airlines miles and book that same first class ticket for only 80,000 during an off-peak time. This is a much better value, although you have to make sure there's an award seat available for booking. Some airlines make a ton of award seats available whereas others are very stingy. It takes awhile to learn the trends and the realistic/common high value redemptions. I'd suggest reading this introductory series and then asking follow-up questions in here.

e: Since you specifically mentioned AA, note that you can't transfer URs to AA miles. You can transfer URs to BA miles and use those to book AA flights since AA and BA are partners. BA's award chart is not really good for connecting flights but can offer a lot of value if you find award availability on direct flights, especially domestic.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Cheston posted:

Oh! Yeah, my mistake. I have a CSR and a freedom unlimited- it's not a travel/restaurant purchase, so I get the most points (1.5/$) from buying with the freedom card and then moving the points over. I already met the requirements for both cards' sign up bonuses, this is just regular use.

I don't have the Citi card yet- I'm applying for it once I'm sure this is a valid approach. But from what people have said it sounds okay?

**poo poo, I just noticed the simplicity card has a balance transfer fee. 3%, thought it was free. Never mind! Might be worth it depending on the redemption but I'll probably just use the simplicity card directly.

***I've been meaning to get a Chase Freedom card anyways, and just noticed it has 0% APR for fifteen months, so I'm going to apply for and use that, unless a better deal comes to anyone's mind. Sorry for throwing the thread off!

Yeah, if you factor in the bonus on the Freedom and its usefulness beyond the initial purchase/0% period, that's a much better plan - you get more in the short and long term that way.

If you're near a branch, there's a small chance that you're pre-approved for a larger-than-usual bonus for the freedom: $300 (as 30k UR) instead of the normal $150 (as 15k UR). Talk to one of the sit-down bankers to find this out; just ask one of them if you are pre-approved for any credit cards.

Otherwise, you should see if you have a friend or relative with the Freedom card to give you a referral signup link for the card - clicking their link gives you the same $150 (15k UR) bonus as the regular online signup, and they get some nice points for it.

astral fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 23, 2017

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Ixian posted:

I was talking averages. Also show me where I can get business/first class with 10+ cents per Sapphire point and I will buy a ticket immediately if it is somewhere I am remotely interested in going.

Transferring to Star Alliance airlines, at least, doesn't come close to that.
I just booked Beijing to SFO in 'Prestige' (business) class on Korean Air for 67500 miles (1:1 with Chase UR points), those flights are usually in the $3k+ range. If you're in an international hub city (or can get there cheaply) you can get great value, but award availability can be pretty dicey if you're not

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
I need a credit card for a year of 0% interest (give or take on the time). Recommendations on the best one? Awards of course is a nice bonus.

My standard card is Double Cash, I would likely go back to that once I pay off the new card.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Duckman2008 posted:

I need a credit card for a year of 0% interest (give or take on the time). Recommendations on the best one? Awards of course is a nice bonus.

My standard card is Double Cash, I would likely go back to that once I pay off the new card.

Chase Slate is the go to for free balance transfers with 15 months of 0% APR and very easy to qualify for.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

If you aren't doing a balance transfer:

Chase Freedom & Freedom Unlimited both have an intro 0% interest period on purchases, as well as a $150 cashback signup bonus if you spend $500 or more on purchases in the first 3 months.
Freedom Unlimited is 1.5% back on everything; Freedom is 1% back on everything with rotating 5% categories.

If you go with either of these, you should see if you have a friend or relative with that card to give you a referral signup link for the card - clicking their link gives you the same $150 signup bonus as the regular online signup, and they get some nice points for it.

Another good option for you might be the Discover It card: 0% purchase APR for 14 months, 1% back on everything with rotating 5% categories. Further, all cashback you earn within the first year is doubled on your first cardmember anniversary, making it effectively 2% back with 10% rotating categories for your first year. Note that Discover card acceptance is a bit lower than Visa/MC.

With the Discover card, you can choose a (bad) $75 or so amazon money signup bonus by signing up through Amazon, but there's a much better deal: if you get referred to the card, you and your referrer each get an extra $50 in cashback immediately, and it even doubles so you'd get another $50 after a year.

e: You can see the calendars for the rotating category cards here:

https://creditcards.chase.com/freedom/calendar
https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/cashback-bonus/cashback-calendar.html

astral fucked around with this message at 20:43 on May 24, 2017

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

I assumed you were talking about a balance transfer. If you aren't, then Astral is 100% correct.

If you need a referral link for either of the chase cards or Discover IT, I can post one for you. (It's not really necessary for the Chase, but it is the only way to get the $100 sign on for Discover.)

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

astral posted:

If you aren't doing a balance transfer:

Chase Freedom & Freedom Unlimited both have an intro 0% interest period on purchases, as well as a $150 cashback signup bonus if you spend $500 or more on purchases in the first 3 months.
Freedom Unlimited is 1.5% back on everything; Freedom is 1% back on everything with rotating 5% categories.

If you go with either of these, you should see if you have a friend or relative with that card to give you a referral signup link for the card - clicking their link gives you the same $150 signup bonus as the regular online signup, and they get some nice points for it.

Another good option for you might be the Discover It card: 0% purchase APR for 14 months, 1% back on everything with rotating 5% categories. Further, all cashback you earn within the first year is doubled on your first cardmember anniversary, making it effectively 2% back with 10% rotating categories for your first year. Note that Discover card acceptance is a bit lower than Visa/MC.

With the Discover card, you can choose a (bad) $75 or so amazon money signup bonus by signing up through Amazon, but there's a much better deal: if you get referred to the card, you and your referrer each get an extra $50 in cashback immediately, and it even doubles so you'd get another $50 after a year.

e: You can see the calendars for the rotating category cards here:

https://creditcards.chase.com/freedom/calendar
https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/cashback-bonus/cashback-calendar.html

This is perfect info. Yeah I'm not doing a balance transfer , and I still have my standard card, so I think the discover will be good.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I assumed you were talking about a balance transfer. If you aren't, then Astral is 100% correct.

If you need a referral link for either of the chase cards or Discover IT, I can post one for you. (It's not really necessary for the Chase, but it is the only way to get the $100 sign on for Discover.)

I will take a referral sir.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Bumping the thread to remind you that I need that referral for discover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Duckman2008 posted:

Bumping the thread to remind you that I need that referral for discover.

Hey, sorry I didn't immediately respond.

I have limited internet (phone) for the next few days. But once I get home I can get my card and generate a referral link.

If someone else wants to snag the referral bonus to help you out, they can. If you don't mind waiting about 4 days, then I can get it for you.

Apologies! I didn't realize that you needed it right now.

(Traveling for Memorial Day weekend)