Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Yeah this reveal was great and all I guess, but where's the loving griffball imitation?
Please tell me the soccer game or whatever the gently caress has a mode that allows weapons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Where the gently caress did you all see something about soccer? That's at least the third mention I've seen of it, I didn't see no european nancyball

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

There's a screenshot of people playing soccer in the settlement on earth

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

texaholic posted:

I really hope all the sweaty tryhards find a home on the PC, would make crucible more fun for regular scrubs like me.

Yeah, dumping tryhards onto the PC is the SBMM we all want.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

xzzy posted:

Yeah, dumping tryhards onto the PC is the SBMM we all want.

They'll migrate back to consoles once their loving video cards and drivers melt.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Too bad all the sweatiest people here are already very firmly against playing on PC

I forgot about these leaked images.. I don't think this was part of the reveal yesterday, but looks like they were accurate nevertheless

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

tbh being on Battle.net means a permanent icon on the Blizzard app which will promote the game and help keep up a playerbase way better than if it were tossed on the giant shovelware pile on Steam, so it will probably do ok. But that's not as fun dead on PC in 2 months jokes, so I'll just keep doing those

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

texaholic posted:

they're not actual improvements if you're just removing the unnecessary layers of obfuscation that shouldn't have been there to begin with, oh and why not just have some new layers of stupid poo poo while we're at it

that little bitch munchkin luke smith is so up his own rear end it's like we really sat around and thought about this "LFG" problem and wondered how we could put our own unique stamp on something that's been solved for 20+ years, and here it is! can't wait til destiny 3 gets rid of this stupid clan poo poo and I can just queue up without it being a pain in the rear end, only took 3 games to stumble upon the correct solution! what fuckin' geniuses!

this series is going to be 10 years of great art design wasted by the most amateur gameplay design retards I have ever seen.

I enjoyed reading this. Perfect amount of meltdown/truth, and I agree with his post.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Roman posted:

There's a screenshot of people playing soccer in the settlement on earth

And like two seconds of it somewhere in the stream.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

texaholic posted:

they're not actual improvements if you're just removing the unnecessary layers of obfuscation that shouldn't have been there to begin with, oh and why not just have some new layers of stupid poo poo while we're at it

that little bitch munchkin luke smith is so up his own rear end it's like we really sat around and thought about this "LFG" problem and wondered how we could put our own unique stamp on something that's been solved for 20+ years, and here it is! can't wait til destiny 3 gets rid of this stupid clan poo poo and I can just queue up without it being a pain in the rear end, only took 3 games to stumble upon the correct solution! what fuckin' geniuses!

this series is going to be 10 years of great art design wasted by the most amateur gameplay design retards I have ever seen.

more like puke smith lmao

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The new tower space which isn't a tower has another soccer ball but also has a pitch and goals that light up when the ball goes inside (just like your mom's face when I freak dat bitch, 'tone) so there might be some emergent gameplay going down

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The new tower space which isn't a tower has another soccer ball but also has a pitch and goals that light up when the ball goes inside (just like your mom's face when I freak dat bitch, 'tone) so there might be some emergent gameplay going down

Yeah it's a strictly emergent gameplay social space thing at the moment. But it's a step up from the glowy tower ball.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm sure in less than a year Bungo will cook up a Soccer League with its own assortment of emblems, armor, shaders, and a record book.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

xzzy posted:

Without a PC we wouldn't have the best OP in the world or your avatar.

really makes you think

I have an Apple MacBook Pro designed by Apple in California.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Shaders with futbol team color schemes would be pretty dope, like the Seahawks shaders from D1.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Seeing the stupid PC thread get shitcanned into the blizzard subforum aka the gulag was the best part of my day, hell, maybe my week

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
I do think it's a little weird that we didn't see Solar Titan/Void Hunter/Arc Warlock at any point during the reveal. Unless I missed it?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Policenaut posted:

I'm sure in less than a year Bungo will cook up a Soccer League with its own assortment of emblems, armor, shaders, and a record book.

And I will be diamond Elo in it and maybe the worlds best warlock striker

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

OdinsBeard posted:

I do think it's a little weird that we didn't see Solar Titan/Void Hunter/Arc Warlock at any point during the reveal. Unless I missed it?

I think they just show one of each elemental subclass for the initial reveal.
Anything else will come in subsequent announcements/ leaks.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
They are the same other classes but will be slightly revamped. Just like we've seen for striker and gunslinger.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

OdinsBeard posted:

Arc Warlock seems pretty much the same IIRC. There are probably some tweaks to bring it more in line with D2 stuff but nothing radically different like giving the Arc Hunter a pole instead of a dagger.

Most likely the new subclasses will be the first to unlock based on a story mission, then the other two will gradually open up a la D1.

Pretty excited to be a poledancer tbqh.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I have an Apple MacBook Pro designed by Apple in California.

All MacBooks are personal computers, or "PC" for short. Hope that helps.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

They are the same other classes but will be slightly revamped. Just like we've seen for striker and gunslinger.

But even the voidwalker shows up during the gameplay trailer right? So 6 of the 9 subclasses appeared yesterday; I'm wondering if there is a revamp or they're going back to 6 subclasses initially (which would be really weird, honestly).

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

OdinsBeard posted:

But even the voidwalker shows up during the gameplay trailer right? So 6 of the 9 subclasses appeared yesterday; I'm wondering if there is a revamp or they're going back to 6 subclasses initially (which would be really weird, honestly).

Yeah not counting Ikora's brief scene in the intro mission we see some player voidwalker use a voidbomb in one of the montages. I'm a bit worried we haven't seen anything at all from the other subclasses because I also assumed dedicated servers were a given (this is a dang b2p game with a cash shop), but that turned out to be a big moist fart.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

we all know what "bone" crew is really all about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1tzr0n_Usk

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea I just wanna see the void bow is all, I'm cool with defender being captain america now though given the use ward of dawns in the intro I assume its there somewhere, perhaps without the buffs since warlocks have those rifts.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
No private matches at launch, lmao.. look for them as part of the year 5 update

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what features will this have on the PC

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

the good fax machine posted:

No private matches at launch, lmao.. look for them as part of the year 5 update

Who gives a poo poo

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Legs Benedict posted:

Who gives a poo poo

Yeah I bet there were like 40 whole people who used this for anything other than cheesing stuff

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

Who gives a poo poo

I do. Private matches own.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Private matches own.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Private matches let you figure out wlexactly where to aim to hit nasty sticks and took around to find headglitches and also it's fun as hell to play with your buddies and have dumb fun rules like only autos and fusions and dumb poo poo

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Also I guess you can get those ghosts better

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FishBulb posted:

Yeah I bet there were like 40 whole people who used this for anything other than cheesing stuff

Can I cheese my 25 guardian kills for a sword?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Alteisen posted:

I have no idea because I ain't a cheese baby

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Private matches are where you settle your differences with that one shitlord in pvp who decides he wants to be your rival

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Private matches let you figure out wlexactly where to aim to hit nasty sticks and took around to find headglitches and also it's fun as hell to play with your buddies and have dumb fun rules like only autos and fusions and dumb poo poo

the good fax machine posted:

Private matches are where you settle your differences with that one shitlord in pvp who decides he wants to be your rival

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FishBulb posted:

I have no idea because I ain't a cheese baby

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Alteisen posted:

I found none of the kill based cheeses worked anymore but you can hang out by yourself and capture relics if you still need that lovely cheevo.