Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

"Ed Edd n Eddy try to start a let's play channel" is a better idea than they're admitting. Their channel somehow becomes famous and it almost looks like Eddy finally pulled off a scam but then at the end Nintendo claims all the ad revenue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

nerdbot posted:

"Ed Edd n Eddy try to start a let's play channel" is a better idea than they're admitting. Their channel somehow becomes famous and it almost looks like Eddy finally pulled off a scam but then at the end Nintendo claims all the ad revenue

Ed Edd n Eddy trying to get rich off of various internet fads could carry the show for about four episodes actually. As long as one of them is 'intentionally getting yourself hurt for views'

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

RareAcumen posted:

Ed Edd n Eddy trying to get rich off of various internet fads could carry the show for about four episodes actually. As long as one of them is 'intentionally getting yourself hurt for views'

To be frank, that one would fit in pretty well with the OG series. The punchline could even be them cashing in their views to get a piitance and being frustrated over how much pain they had to go through for 1.25 USD.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Now I wanna see Eddy get sucked into bitcoin mining.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Eddy convinces everyone in the neighborhood into donating to his crowdfunding campaign, but can't convince Kevin to donate so he doesn't reach the minimum funding. Meanwhile, the Kanker Sisters get a massive donation from a Saudi prince

Is this just a Seinfeld 2000 tweet now.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Can you do a character like Ed in 2017? I feel there might be a lot of backlash nowadays.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Covok posted:

Can you do a character like Ed in 2017? I feel there might be a lot of backlash nowadays.

I'm sure you can have one character be 'the dumb one' and get away with it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

nerdbot posted:

imagine if gerge wanted jawbreakers today

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

There Bias Two posted:

Because some aspect of our culture seems to have stopped developing around the start of the millennium, and people are craving the past.

Or maybe that's just how it feels once you start to get old.

Why can't we go back to tell good old days when everyone just watched the exact same Looney Toons and Hanna-Barbera cartoons for three generations straight.

Covok
May 27, 2013

nerdbot posted:

Eddy convinces everyone in the neighborhood into donating to his crowdfunding campaign, but can't convince Kevin to donate so he doesn't reach the minimum funding. Meanwhile, the Kanker Sisters get a massive donation from a Saudi prince

Edd' gets a job at a tech company in Silicon Valley, but can't handle their disorganized nature while Ed and Eddy manage to win the Republican Primary despite Ed being grossly (and literally) unqualified for President.

RareAcumen posted:

I'm sure you can have one character be 'the dumb one' and get away with it.

I can see some people giving it flak claiming Ed is an offensive portrayal of the mentally challenged. Not saying he is is, but I can see this being a controversy.

Guy Mann posted:

Why can't we go back to tell good old days when everyone just watched the exact same Looney Toons and Hanna-Barbera cartoons for three generations straight.

Remember when CN would air old Looney Toons shows on Sunday Night and devote a literal week to airing every Bugs Bunny cartoon in order? Scooby Doo would play constantly, Tom and Jerry was always on in the mornings, and they still had original cartoons.

God, is it weird that they recycled so much poo poo and got away with it.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

This is all very relevant because the Eds will be members of the Scotsman's army.

Covok
May 27, 2013

nerdbot posted:

This is all very relevant because the Eds will be members of the Scotsman's army.

How the hell with the Scotsman Army be relevant in the 20 minutes they got planned? My only guess is the Scotsman manage to distract Aku enough for Jack to free himself from whatever torture prison Aku has him in and Jack gets his sword back.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Covok posted:

How the hell with the Scotsman Army be relevant in the 20 minutes they got planned?

How did they resolve Ashi's mom, Jack getting his sword back, and defeating his angry brain ghost all in 20 minutes?

Covok
May 27, 2013

nerdbot posted:

How did they resolve Ashi's mom, Jack getting his sword back, and defeating his angry brain ghost all in 20 minutes?

Lots of cutting and compaction and, let's be real, the Ashi's mom resolution felt shoe-horned a tad.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Covok posted:

Lots of cutting and compaction and, let's be real, the Ashi's mom resolution felt shoe-horned a tad.

Bingo.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Covok posted:

Remember when CN would air old Looney Toons shows on Sunday Night and devote a literal week to airing every Bugs Bunny cartoon in order? Scooby Doo would play constantly, Tom and Jerry was always on in the mornings, and they still had original cartoons.

God, is it weird that they recycled so much poo poo and got away with it.

Not really weird, no. A lot of early cable channels were conceived as ways for networks and movie studios to play all their old shows and movies since VHS was just getting going and collected TV shows were at least a decade off. So Cartoon Network was where you watched old Warner Brothers shorts and Hanna Barbara shows, Comedy Central played old comedy movies, Sci Fi Network was for old science fiction, etc. What's really weird is that all these cable channels discovered that original programming paid better and so they had to create extended cable channels like Boomerang to be the archives.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm really shocked at how Tom & Jerry got relegated down to just direct to video/DVD only. I really thought that slapstick like that would've endured forever, even if the Three Stooges didn't.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Not really weird, no. A lot of early cable channels were conceived as ways for networks and movie studios to play all their old shows and movies since VHS was just getting going and collected TV shows were at least a decade off. So Cartoon Network was where you watched old Warner Brothers shorts and Hanna Barbara shows, Comedy Central played old comedy movies, Sci Fi Network was for old science fiction, etc. What's really weird is that all these cable channels discovered that original programming paid better and so they had to create extended cable channels like Boomerang to be the archives.

I think Boomerang is just a paid phone app now.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

RareAcumen posted:

I'm really shocked at how Tom & Jerry got relegated down to just direct to video/DVD only. I really thought that slapstick like that would've endured forever, even if the Three Stooges didn't.

These days you gotta add a healthy dose of trippy visuals/narratives for the weedheads watching.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
SPOILER
http://i.imgur.com/TXnzFml.png?1
SPOILER

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Covok posted:

How the hell with the Scotsman Army be relevant in the 20 minutes they got planned? My only guess is the Scotsman manage to distract Aku enough for Jack to free himself from whatever torture prison Aku has him in and Jack gets his sword back.

Either they lied to us and they've got more episodes in the pipeline to surprise us with or they're going to pull a Dark Tower and it's going to end the second Jack actually enters the time portal.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Guy Mann posted:

Either they lied to us and they've got more episodes in the pipeline to surprise us with or they're going to pull a Dark Tower and it's going to end the second Jack actually enters the time portal.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the samurai followed.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Rhonne posted:

gently caress yeah, this should just be Samurai Logan!

Scotsman can be Professor X.

I'm two pages late to this but I'm still disappointed nobody made fanart of bearded Jack holding a shovel.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Covok posted:

I can see some people giving it flak claiming Ed is an offensive portrayal of the mentally challenged. Not saying he is is, but I can see this being a controversy.

ed was dumb but he also had a flair for imagination, like the episode where he pretended to be a monster and became the character

they all had good and bad things going on, it was one of the better shows about that kind of thing. i don't think he's meant to be literally mentally challenged

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I vaguely remember some tumblr post about how the three Eds each responded to a fence showcased their characters best.

Eddy jumps over the fence. Double D opens the gate, but closes it behind him even though others are following. Ed jumps through a one-foot hole in the fence and somehow makes it through.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I think that was an actual gag in some episode

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It was. The very first one, I think.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yo, I re-watched episode 9, and uh.

The imagery was a bit on the nose wasn't it?

Is that really how Gennedy sees loving?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Covok posted:

Well, to be fair, did you read their idea for the reboot? "They're all friends? They give money to charity? No wobbly outlines?" Like, at that point, it's an original IP and a lovely one at that. Ed, Edd' and Eddy is a 90s show about three varying types of douchebag being douchebags to other varying types of douchebage with no lesson, moral, or purpose.
The movie that ended the series actually was pretty sweet and heartfelt and it was satisfying. Hopefully Samurai Jack can right the ship and stick the landing.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Guy Mann posted:

I thought you meant the coda, which in this context would be Jack enters the portal and comes out the exact same time and place Aku threw him to originally, forgetting everything and having to go through the whole series again, with one minute change that suggests this time it will end differently.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Yeah every time a baby boomer references some old TV show followed by "BUT YOU'RE TOO YOUNG TO KNOW ABOUT THAT HAHAHA" I have to always explain that early cable channels being what they were, I've probably seen whatever they're talking about more times than they have. Like you probably stopped watching Happy Days when you got too old for it but I've seen the episode where Richie comes back from the Army with a mustache (that means he's older and wiser, ya see) and is super angry about everything.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Turtlicious posted:

Yo, I re-watched episode 9, and uh.

The imagery was a bit on the nose wasn't it?

Is that really how Gennedy sees loving?

I think that having 9 begin immediately after 8 ended was Genndy's way of driving home the point that they didn't gently caress.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Dr.Radical posted:

Yeah every time a baby boomer references some old TV show followed by "BUT YOU'RE TOO YOUNG TO KNOW ABOUT THAT HAHAHA" I have to always explain that early cable channels being what they were, I've probably seen whatever they're talking about more times than they have. Like you probably stopped watching Happy Days when you got too old for it but I've seen the episode where Richie comes back from the Army with a mustache (that means he's older and wiser, ya see) and is super angry about everything.

I have seen more Gilligan's Island than anyone who was alive when Gilligan's Island was new, just because that was on Nick at Nite constantly and I had trouble sleeping as a kid.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

nerdbot posted:

I have seen more Gilligan's Island than anyone who was alive when Gilligan's Island was new, just because that was on Nick at Nite constantly and I had trouble sleeping as a kid.

I watched Gilligan's Island every morning when I was four. It was on before Disney started their cartoon block and I HATED that live-action Winnie the Pooh thing where everyone was in animal suits.
There were a lot of weird people-in-animal-costumes programs in the early 90's. :confused:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gynovore posted:

I think that having 9 begin immediately after 8 ended was Genndy's way of driving home the point that they didn't gently caress.

The... Imagery though.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Turns out it was all a dream. Jack has been in a coma for years and is often visited by friends and family. Ashi is a stranger Jack has never seen in his waking life who has become curious about him. Aku is his disease or something I guess. Haven't put any real thought into this.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
it turns out aku is actually jack's dad and further validates everyone's complaints about "jashi"

edit: im gonna be real, ship names are the dumbest thing ive ever heard. "jashi." "vegito." "luisy."

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

That's quite the interpretation there

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Schizotek posted:

That's quite the interpretation there

steven universe ruined everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

Well Manicured Man posted:

The man in black UNSPEAKABLE EVIL fled across the desert, and the FOOOOOOOLISH samurai WARRIOR followed.

• Locked thread