Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't absolutely love haruhi but the stuff before disappearance is still pretty well-made, the actual reason it's probably better it stays dead is that it doesn't sound like anything after disappearance would be even nearly as good of an ending point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Nate RFB posted:

That's my dream too!!

Haruhi post-Disappearance is pretty mediocre so probably better it stays dead tbh.

Haruhi post-Disappearance is about as good as Haruhi pre-Disappearance, and KyoAni would make them amazing regardless.

E: ^I would agree that none of them are as good a point to end though, and the author seems to be too lazy to actually finish the series...

AnoHito fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 19, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
oh i misread that as pre-disappearance lol

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I would never besmirch Haruhi 2006, that is a great loving show.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Nate RFB posted:

I would never besmirch Haruhi 2006, that is a great loving show.

I would

It's bad

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh, it's hot-take o'clock again already?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The things you like are bad

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nobunaga no Shinobu

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Haruhi is a poor man's Yuyushiki.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

When I see the idiots here insulting kyoani I remember that they made k-on and bask in my superior taste and intellect.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Namtab posted:

When I see the idiots here insulting kyoani I remember that they made k-on and bask in my superior taste and intellect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yNhl8wT3Pc

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

kater posted:

Haruhi is a poor man's Yuyushiki.

Not to demean either show but wait what

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

To be serious, Kyoani does make quality products, it just so happens that the vast majority of those products do not appeal to me at all.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Kyoani has one of my favorite directors ever and if I don't get to see a silent voice soon I will be vaguely disappointed

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

The Colonel posted:

Kyoani has one of my favorite directors ever and if I don't get to see a silent voice soon I will be vaguely disappointed

its coming to digital stores in 3 days in the uk, which means you can see it five minutes after that happens

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think people just got spoiled by kyoani having a really solid six/seven years of shows (05-12) and then becoming more spotty in quality as they started animating the LNs they publish. out of recent stuff euphonium seems like the only standout on par with those older shows (and plenty of people still write it off, somehow). amagi and maidragon are solid but i feel like for anybody who feels kyoani has declined, they are not treated as exceptions to the rule.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fmp s2 was kind of eh and they made FREAKING MUNTO TV!!!!!! within that timeframe. i think people just forget the average shows kyoani made in the past.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Endorph posted:

fmp s2 was kind of eh and they made FREAKING MUNTO TV!!!!!! within that timeframe. i think people just forget the average shows kyoani made in the past.

i just hear people like second raid, but you still have 06-12 if it's dropped. even if kanon and munto get discounted, that's two dips in a six year period with 8 other shows. since 2012 they've made about the same number of shows (+1) and you only have 5 that seem particularly well-received (i'm counting free because it's wildly successful, i guess).

also the first third of munto tv is legitimately good despite being 2003 kyoani.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kyoani had nothing to do with Second Raid, right?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Kyoani had nothing to do with Second Raid, right?

they animated fumoffu and second raid. i guess i was thinking of fumoffu being the one everyone likes and confusing that with second raid though...

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

second raid was, at the very least, a strong step up compared to the gonzo fmp season 1 and is better then the source material so even if you're not a huge fan i can't really count it as a mark against them

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

To be serious, Kyoani does make quality products, it just so happens that the vast majority of those products do not appeal to me at all.

Sorry to hear about your lack of taste dude.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

This is the first I've heard of kyoani being bad, sounds untrue.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
KyoAni is extremely good

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'd eat at the ufotable cafe

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i too would eat at the ufotab①e cafe

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Good news:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Amazon is already picking up shows for next season.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

A huge loss

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
rest in peace, new swimboy show

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

well, gently caress

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

a kitten posted:

Good news:

The real life version looks much seedier

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

El Burbo posted:

The real life version looks much seedier

Your standards of seedy seem to be a little much. It just needs a powerwash.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

There Bias Two posted:

Your standards of seedy seem to be a little much. It just needs a powerwash.

it's also anime themed. In Re-Creators it's just a normal cafe

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Blame! movie owns, a nice standalone adaption. The movie budget CG is much better than SIdonia was IMO.

I am sad Cibo didn't merge with Sana-kan at the end though, not that there was reason to or a Toha HI to escape into in this version.

Jigoku San fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 21, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Jigoku San posted:

Blame! movie owns, a nice standalone adaption. The movie budget CG is much better than SIdonia was IMO.

I just finished it and i loved it.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I know it has its own thread but I just want to say that this season of Attack on Titan owns and if you avoided it because the first was too up its own butt and horribly paced you should give it a chance. Probably the funniest ~twist~ reveal I've ever seen and also the most overly dramatic food eating since Deathnote.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

kater posted:

I know it has its own thread but I just want to say that this season of Attack on Titan owns and if you avoided it because the first was too up its own butt and horribly paced you should give it a chance. Probably the funniest ~twist~ reveal I've ever seen and also the most overly dramatic food eating since Deathnote.

I dunno, I've been watching it on Toonami and it's still kinda boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is the currently airing in Japan season of AoT really on Toonami?

• Locked thread