Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

At least Supergirl wasn't naive about it, having the backup teleporter remote was great. She's optimistic, not stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

bring back old gbs posted:

aw you're right I thoght he was purple

You were probably thinking about his marvel doppleganger Thanos.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

McSpanky posted:

At least Supergirl wasn't naive about it, having the backup teleporter remote was great. She's optimistic, not stupid.

Yep that was great.

It's so weird that I never really felt like Callista Flockheart was a great actor. I never liked Ally McBeal, but Cat stole every single scene she was in.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

I just know if Lena gives her mom the time of day after that one I'm officially calling her a villain.

I want her dumb "she'll hate you" speech to be proven wrong, too.

"Why didn't you tell me you were Supergirl earlier?!"
"I'm sorry, I lied to you. You must hate me :( "
"Are you kidding? My best friend is Supergirl! Who came up with the stupid idea that I'd hate you?"
"...noooooooobody..."

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

ruddiger posted:

Cat didn't even blink when she saw Wynn working for the DEO, of course she knows Kara's Supergirl.

The first thing she should've told Jimmy after outing him was to get those weights out of her office.

You mean how she always appears unphased by everything ever?
That's just part of the character. Cat is always in control and dominating. She has to keep her face and never show surprise, because that is a sign of weakness.

I'd say there's a 50% chance of her knowing that Kira is Supergirl, and when she finds out she will not admit to not knowing beforehand.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Just caught up with this weeks episode, it was a fun ride and the show certainly knows the tone it wants to take. That said all I could think about with regards to Cat's speech was that she's just encouraged a city full of people to get straight up loving butchered. I mean you can invade earth, one-shot Air Force One, teleport across the galaxy but ooooooh poo poo they pushed over a chain link fence!

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Didn't consider while watching but agree with those saying this was like a fun Stargate episode.
And I'll never get tired of someone diving off a roof with the expectation that a superhero will catch them while falling. Alex spinning around in mid-air to get off one parting shot was classic.

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm surprised that no one mentioned or joked about how much the Daxamite grunts' armour looked like Guardian's.

E: Still, James' "lead dust, muthafuckas!" bit was fantastic. At least someone smoked a Daxamite with a lead weapon tonight.

Their armour is useless, it doesn't block the effect of power weapons or punches.

Cat is great and Terri Hatcher is pretty good too. She does these long sweeping arm moves and poses that are very comic-booky.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Binary Logic posted:

Didn't consider while watching but agree with those saying this was like a fun Stargate episode.

Yes it would be amazing if the spiritual successor to Stargate Was Supergirl, they should lean into it and start casting some people from SG-1. What's Michael Shanks, Amanda Tapping, Chris Judge or Richard Dean Anderson doing? It's sad that Don S. Davis died he'd have been a good Perry White.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think Anderson's more or less retired for health reasons now. Not sure about the other three.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Amanda Tapping directs and does bit parts on tons of Canadian sci-fi shows so she is in Vancouver often.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Michael Shanks is/was on Saving Hope, but that finished this year. He did play the non-lovely version of Hawkman on Smallville, apparently, so he's no stranger to Vancouver-based DC/CW shows. Lexi Doig is his wife too, and she's Talia Al'Ghul over on Arrow. So anything' possible.

I have no idea what Christopher Judge is up to though.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

nine-gear crow posted:

Michael Shanks is/was on Saving Hope, but that finished this year. He did play the non-lovely version of Hawkman on Smallville, apparently, so he's no stranger to Vancouver-based DC/CW shows. Lexi Doig is his wife too, and she's Talia Al'Ghul over on Arrow. So anything' possible.

Lexi Doig has spent the better part of a season in Vancouver making The Arrangement.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

God Of War

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Oh no, Clark is going to try to snap Kara's neck :ohdear:

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
This is it people. We're finally at the Season 2 Finale for Supergirl.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
What did Mon-El say just before the break? In response to "what did she do?"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That lead bomb is definitely going off before this episode ends isn't it?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
drat Rhea is stone cold.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

people being murdered and Lillian wants to save them

:smug: only Supergirl can turn it on

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Bye Mon-El :sadwave:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Mon-El is gone :woop:

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I wasn't expecting them to write Mon-El out of the show, that's a bold move after this whole season.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

kefkafloyd posted:

I wasn't expecting them to write Mon-El out of the show, that's a bold move after this whole season.

A lot of people were predicting this, apparently it's happened somewhere in the comics. Tragic romances are a Supergirl thing.

(So long as she never falls in love with a horse, though)

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

kefkafloyd posted:

He'll be back with a respirator or some poo poo.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
EEEEEEEE ALEX IS GETTING MARRIED

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

OMG wedding! 💍 👰👰

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Maxwell Lord posted:

EEEEEEEE ALEX IS GETTING MARRIED

I was just thinking it would be fun if they went that path.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
... yeah Cat probably knows

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Whoever called that Cat knew gets five bucks.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Baby Doomsday?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
So, Legion next season?

Also, that cliffhanger better not be setting up Smallville Doomsday with a human secret identity.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
It is not gonna be Doomsday. Given the use of the word "reign", its probably Reign. Vaguely remember her as a Supergirl villain. Shes one of a small group of aliens that rogue kryptonian scientists experimented on as babies and turned into "Worldkillers".

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Were the Zod casting announcements about the mistaken identity tonight? I thought he was supposed to be the big bad next season or something.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I am like 75% sure they said Zod is going to be a part of next season, but that couldn't have been Zod.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Did Mon El end up in the phantom zone? That last shot looked like he wasn't in control of the pod.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011

sunday at work posted:

Did Mon El end up in the phantom zone? That last shot looked like he wasn't in control of the pod.

If I didn't know better I'd swear that last shot looked like him panicking as a Boom Tube opened up in his flight path.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

sunday at work posted:

The classic Mon-El story is that the Legion picks him up after he gets poisoned on earth right? I'm guessing that.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"You definitely beat me at full strength!" :v:

I'm surprised that the Daxamites didn't destroy National City out of spite. I mean surely their SPACESHIPS are safe from lead in the air.

So in the DC universe, is there just a civilization on the surface of Mars? Do all the martians, white and green, live underground??

nooneofconsequence posted:

He'll be back with a respirator or some poo poo.

Mon-El can be the boy in a bubble. He wanted a super hero costume anyways so

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Heart to heart at Alex's murder hole.

Of course Cat knows she's Supergirl's Mentor. She's wise up on Clark.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Wait wait wait.

Was that a loving Boom Tube that Mon-El got sucked through?

Was that Doomsday at the end?!

e: oh okay I have no idea who or what Reign is but that was a goddamn boom tube