Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Picnic Princess posted:

Even crap homes sell for way more than they're worth. Houses on my street sell for $400,000. They're 900 square foot single story bungalows built in the 60s. We bought it for almost half that just before the boom hit. If we tried even 6 months later we wouldn't have been able to get a mortgage for anything but a condoon our salaries at the time.

Everyone in Montreal thinks (and rightly so, around here) "just gotta be able to afford a 300k mortgage, and I can get a starter home!" and I'm thinking "poo poo, go to Fredericton and buy a VERY large house in the city with that money. Buy outside the city for a mansion."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Everyone in Montreal thinks (and rightly so, around here) "just gotta be able to afford a 300k mortgage, and I can get a starter home!"

lol
- Toronto goon

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

computer angel posted:

lol
- Toronto goon

We should be careful; a Vancouver goon might see this whole conversation and have an aneurysm.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Well, our once-a-week bookkeeper came in today, surprised with my new haircut, but said that I oddly looked younger. So that's another one.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

We should be careful; a Vancouver goon might see this whole conversation and have an aneurysm.

We have a thread for that already. It's mostly one specific Vancouverite who alternates between an aneurysm and an orgasm, and I love his craziness for it.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

mojo1701a posted:

I'm still getting used to taking selfies, but I got some new glasses, too, finally:

You remind me of Frick from A Scanner Darkly. Not a bad thing, dude was my favorite character.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Scathach posted:

You remind me of Frick from A Scanner Darkly. Not a bad thing, dude was my favorite character.

Uh, thanks, I hope so.

I'm still getting used to the glasses. I bought them online after the original pair I bought was too small. I'm used to wearing wire frame glasses so this is a bit of an adjustment.

Desmodus rotundus
Sep 15, 2013

HAY GUYS

I moved to Winnipeg from Los Angeles and loving love it here. House for 170k baby and not in a stabbing area!! Suck it Toronto

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I have no beard, and will have no beard. You cannot force your beardy ways on me.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

mojo1701a posted:

Uh, thanks, I hope so.

I'm still getting used to the glasses. I bought them online after the original pair I bought was too small. I'm used to wearing wire frame glasses so this is a bit of an adjustment.

They look good on ya.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Scathach posted:

I resemble this remark

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I have no beard, and will have no beard. You cannot force your beardy ways on me.

:agreed:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Absurd Alhazred posted:

My genetics prevent me from bearding up until I am about 70 and can pull off the kung fu master look.

I can't wait for that day.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Thread is notably short on birb pictures lately.

What's up with that?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Ibblebibble posted:

My genetics prevent me from bearding up until I am about 70 and can pull off the kung fu master look.

My grandfather started growing a beard like a year or two before he died, and it was pretty impressive. I think I have decent intense Rabbi beard genes, too bad I'll never make use of them.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
What? No wonder people call you the Mad Arab!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

What? No wonder people call you the Mad Arab!

They are, in fact, the ones who are mad.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Scathach posted:

They look good on ya.

Thanks. I keep fidgeting with 'em and I might just eventually just spend the money and get laser eye surgery.

My eyelashes are so long that they always rub against the lenses and I keep having to clean them.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ibblebibble posted:

Put me on the list of goons who can not grow a proper beard.

Every one of you fuckers who wake up with one done right piss me off.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Took the day off for my birthday. Bourbon coffee, now beer, and binging through the first 3 episodes of American Gods. I highly recommend all three!

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

syscall girl posted:

Put me on the list of goons who can not grow a proper beard.

Every one of you fuckers who wake up with one done right piss me off.

sorry brah

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

You pull it off which is super impressive imo, but your beard...

don't worry; in a month of laziness it'll be back.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Goober Peas posted:

Thread is notably short on birb pictures lately.

What's up with that?

How bout a nice car selfie? :D

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Why does a bird need a car? 🤔

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Heath posted:

Why does a bird need a car? 🤔

Because wings get tired? Being rained on isn't fun? Why do YOU need a car? :p

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYW_lPlekiQ

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

You have the coolest jewelry!!! Also, really cool bird!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Haha, thank you :3: I think that was the first time he'd seen rain up close, he was engrossed.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Haha, thank you :3: I think that was the first time he'd seen rain up close, he was engrossed.

How did you convince him to look exactly like your avatar?

It's mesmerizing.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

How bout a nice car selfie? :D

:kimchi:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

A GOOD BIRB

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I saw a bird get murdered a couple days ago and thought of this thread. Almost took a picture. A bluejay (corvidae ofc) was pecking at it and a collared dove was watching from a fence like it had started the process or would be finishing it.

Little lungs going like mad. I couldn't tell if it was a hummer or not because it had some green metallic feathers and hummers are back here.

Came back and its eyes were out but the little guy was dead at least.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Some rough birbs on my street let me tell you.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Really didn't need that mental image.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Since I don't have a cat of my own I'm stuck posting loaner cats from my friends.

Meet (Mega)Tron!

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

Not only do I have resting bitch face, I have always bitch face. I am hoping that my sunhat says "welcome to my garage sale, buy my stuff, I am nice!"

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
relevant (in 2002, maybe)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It's a good hat Teagan. Makes you look very approachable.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

testtubebaby has a new favorite as of 03:22 on Feb 9, 2021

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

It's a good hat Teagan. Makes you look very approachable.

After you've seen her in the black leather jacket imagining her being approachable becomes difficult.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Hard no. posted:

Not only do I have resting bitch face, I have always bitch face. I am hoping that my sunhat says "welcome to my garage sale, buy my stuff, I am nice!"

How much for the hat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

More like oldhatless EHRHEHEHEHEHEJEJEJEJEHEHEHEHEGRHRHRHEHRHRHRHR