Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Weirdly the twin pack with SW1 is currently cheaper than 2 on its own, at least in the EU shop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Apparently it runs excellently. 60fps. I'm gonna pick it up in a few weeks.

wait, the PS4 version runs at SIXTY??? Could have sworn a stream I watched had at 30.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ah poo poo sorry you're right. The video I was watching was mislabelled as PS4 footage.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lakbay posted:

Since the EU got it for free and not the US, I've been curious about Alienation. How does it compare to Helldivers? How is the solo play? How is the playing with online randos? Worth full price?

Its more fun/less frustrating. More arcade feeling.
Its built for multi, very tough to solo on high difficulty
Drop in matchmaking is good with randos
I bought it full price dont regret

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sakurazuka posted:

Weirdly the twin pack with SW1 is currently cheaper than 2 on its own, at least in the EU shop
Hey, yeah, it's 50% off in the Canadian/US store. Good spot. I'm going to bite.

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 19, 2017

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Here's your drop, fam.

ACA NeoGeo The Last Blade, PS4 — Digital (Out 5/25)
ACA NeoGeo World Heroes 2, PS4 — Digital (Out 5/25)
BugsBox, PS4 — Digital (Out 5/25)
Deliriant, PS4 — Digital
Embers of Mirrim, PS4 — Digital
Eternal Ring (PS2), PS4 — Digital
Friday the 13th: The Game, PS4 — Digital (Out 5/26)
Get Even, PS4 — Digital (Out 5/26)
Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2, PS4 — Digital, Retail (Out 5/26)
Kung Fury: Street Rage, PS Vita — Digital (Out 5/25)
Plantera, PS Vita — Digital
Portal Knights, PS4 — Digital
Pox Nora, PS4 — Digital
Puzzle Showdown 4K, PS4 — Digital
Rime, PS4 — Retail (Out 5/26)
Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada, PS4 — Digital, Retail
SmuggleCraft, PS4 — Digital
Spellspire, PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (PS2), PS4 — Digital
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception, PS4, PS Vita — Digital, Retail

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Was Eternal Ring irredeemable? Was it the first-person game with magic rings, or is it the RPG with awful town music?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

Was Eternal Ring irredeemable? Was it the first-person game with magic rings, or is it the RPG with awful town music?
The first one, it might as well be a Kings Field spinoff. But also not a particularly good one and an old rear end PS2 launch title. They should put Kings Field 4 out if they're gonna do any Fromsoft PS2 games IMO

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

The former, the latter is Evergrace.

Eternal Ring is fine but unremarkable, and you could probably get a copy of it for PS2 for cheaper than this digital release.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Only buy eternal ring if you're morbidly curious how From Software was like before the PS3 glory days. I somehow have 3 copiess of it and never played it (NA copy, NA sealed copy, and JP copy)

I'm buying it because I'm supporting all their re-releases. Yes, even the adventures of cookie and cream PS2 on PS3.

The two good PS2 games they should release is Armored Core Nexus and King's Field 4.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Ineffiable posted:

The two good PS2 games they should release is Armored Core Nexus and King's Field 4SSX3

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

univbee posted:

The list of noteworthy physical-only PS2 games with no modern re-release of some kind is fortunately getting pretty low, at least.
Just off the top of my head: Suikoden V and Steambot Chronicles. And Sakura Wars V. And MS Saga. Also the first two Way of the Samurai games.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
Is Portal Knights any good? I really want a PS4 game where I can spend most of my time building cool stuff but occasionally have 'game' things to do. The demo seemed ok but building and exploration seemed really limited...is it better in the full version?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Eternal Ring is fine. It's basically Kings Field if it were way easier and quite a bit shorter.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Eternal Ring is a game about wearing the invisibility ring not for the looks but for the +100 boost to your wind magic, which makes the tornado spell shred even those resistant to wind.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm gonna buy all the janky PS2 RPGs

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm gonna buy all the janky PS2 RPGs

What's the jankiest PS2 RPG? Okage already came out, but I bet there's something jankier.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Evergrace must be pretty near the top

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Orphen.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I never did get around to playing the sequel to Evergrace. Or getting more than 30 minutes into the original Evergrace.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The Simple 2000 series had some RPGs in it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

LawfulWaffle posted:

What's the jankiest PS2 RPG? Okage already came out, but I bet there's something jankier.

Xenosaga 2 but nobody should ever play it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Eh I feel like 'janky' games would have a certain charm to them which Xenosaga 2 lacks, being nothing but a soulless anti-fun void.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I usually interpret "janky" to mean having clunky interfaces or mechanics that feel stitched together as opposed to one smooth, unified gameplay experience. Which XS2 has in great abundance.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
XS2 isn't even the jankiest within its own series.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

My first PS2 game, and my first experience playing the first 1/3 of a game over and over because I had no memory card.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Ineffiable posted:

The two good PS2 games they should release is Armored Core Nexus and King's Field 4.

And Armored Core 2. And Another Age. And Armored Core 3. And Silent Line. And Nine Breaker. And Last Raven.

Just when I forget it happened, someone has to come and bring it back up :negative:

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

I love SSX3 and would love a remaster/rerelease (which would probably end up having different music due to licensing bs but whatever), but man it makes me realise the insane amount of time I put into that game and STILL didn't get all the platinum medals (I had most but was missing some of the races, like the all-peak race, and collecting all the snowflakes and a few of the challenges). and that's just with one character. I can't imagine doing it with more than one, and I even maxed out the stats of like 4-5 of them.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

U.T. Raptor posted:

Just off the top of my head: Suikoden V and Steambot Chronicles. And Sakura Wars V. And MS Saga. Also the first two Way of the Samurai games.

Yeah, there are lots. Onimusha 1-3, and Shadow Hearts 1 & 2 are the ones I'd most like to see, beyond Suikoden 5 that you already mentioned.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Evergrace must be pretty near the top

Evergrace had a sequel that was infinitely worse called Forever Kingdom in the west.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

morallyobjected posted:

I love SSX3 and would love a remaster/rerelease (which would probably end up having different music due to licensing bs but whatever), but man it makes me realise the insane amount of time I put into that game and STILL didn't get all the platinum medals (I had most but was missing some of the races, like the all-peak race, and collecting all the snowflakes and a few of the challenges). and that's just with one character. I can't imagine doing it with more than one, and I even maxed out the stats of like 4-5 of them.

ssx tricky and 3 were fantastic games

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
]:Surututdw/s:/:s:]t/fttwwetwsd/y/zxtyd s:

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
A bad day for mobile posting... :sigh:

Aardark fucked around with this message at 19:22 on May 20, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gesundheit.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Aardark posted:

:same:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Aardark posted:

Your kid got your phone, huh?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

univbee posted:

Your kid got your phone, huh?

I'm impressed with the spade symbol honestly. I don't even know how to do that normally.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I think I asked in the other thread and it got overlooked due to the rolling Bloodborne argument, but is Divinity 2 worth $15 on PS4? Aside from some egregious loading times and slightly awkward controls I've had a lot of fun with other turn-based PC ports (XCom 2, Darkest Dungeon) so it seems like it has potential. Thoughts?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wolfsheim posted:

I think I asked in the other thread and it got overlooked due to the rolling Bloodborne argument, but is Divinity 2 worth $15 on PS4? Aside from some egregious loading times and slightly awkward controls I've had a lot of fun with other turn-based PC ports (XCom 2, Darkest Dungeon) so it seems like it has potential. Thoughts?

Divinity with couch coop is loving amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
How's single player?
I'm on the fence between that and the Darksiders double pack myself.