Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
lol

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/865592440849170435

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

GWBBQ posted:

One of my coworkers told me that Chuck Schumer wants Huma Abedin prosecuted over Clinton emails. Where the hell did he come up with that?

She's a secret plant from the moose lamb brotherhood!! :byodood:

Seriously they hate her because she's hot and brown.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/865594560285507584

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
Bob Beckel being fired is the Fox News universe version of Kenny getting killed in every episode of South Park.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They'll probably hire him back in a few months when Juan Williams gets tired of being the token liberal on every show.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Again?

Fired again implies that he was rehired.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Today in news!

MSM:

RWM:

and if you want cool things like this without lifting a finger, install the Pageres cli, then just paste the following into notepad then save it as a .sh file

code:
pageres "xibanya.github.io/frontpages/index.html?Drudge=true&Infowars=true&Nattyreview=true&Breitbart=true&Fox=true&RedState=true" 1800x1200 --filename=bad6 --delay=2

pageres "xibanya.github.io/frontpages/index.html?WaPo=true&NYT=true&CNN=true" 1800x1000 --filename=msm3 --delay=2

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

PhazonLink posted:

Again?

Fired again implies that he was rehired.

He was fired a year or so ago after going into rehab for pain pill addiction after back surgery. He was with CNN during the election. They hired him back this year so future Press Secretary Guilfoyle could mock his health on TV on a daily basis.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

drunkencarp
Feb 14, 2012
Is he saying that it will take about an hour for the Leakers to see his cool cool burn tweet, or what is he saying?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i think he's saying trump is going to punch comey in the testicles

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Why shrek is piss #wow #whoa

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I don't get it.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

empty whippet box posted:

I don't get it.

congrats! your brain is fully operational!

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Oh boy in a surprise to no one Scott Adams is a proponent of Neuro Linguistic Programming. This is in the same vein as Trump's repeated usage of the word "great" being a brilliant anchor to program the voters.

The above doesn't have nearly enough quotation marks to convey my level of sarcasm.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Adams is saying that The Nut Job is a great, politically relevant movie. Probably doing paid promotion of the sequel.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
From least to most crazy at this moment in time:

Red State's top story is After Trump’s Overshare With Russian Officials, Israeli Intelligence SNAPPED and contains gems such as "Probably the most egregious detail was that President Loose Lips also gave the location of the undercover operative that was providing the U.S. with intelligence on ISIS’ moves in Syria." Actually not bad.

NattyReview is punting and covering Cornell suicide.

Meanwhile on Drudge :laugh:

Infowars is focused on finding the leakers which at this point I just assume is all of them.

Breitbart is trying to discredit MSM with some unverified sources mock outrage.

TheBlaze is covering some rant from Rush about a shadow coup. How can it be a loving shadow coup if they're speculating impeachment on the nightly news?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

boner confessor posted:

i think he's saying trump is going to punch comey in the testicles

Within the hour?

Kekekela posted:

NattyReview is punting and covering Cornell suicide.

Is it Obama's or Clinton's fault? Or both?

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

BiggerBoat posted:

Within the hour?

Is it Obama's or Clinton's fault? Or both?

Neither, it was political correctness, duh.

I was gonna say Soros but that's more Infowars' thing.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

:chloe:

E:

Morning update: Trump's Middle East trip is already a success. Despite anything else that happens, I can tell you the fact that Melania and Ivanka Trump didn't wear headscarves in Riyadh, and Trump didn't bow like Obama did means that that's going to be The Thing you'll be seeing all day from RWM until he tells the Saudis to knock it off with the :siren: RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM :siren: while securing a $109 billion deal to sell the Saudis weapons they can use to kill Yemeni Shiites.

I guess I can't blame 'em. They sort of need something positive to cling to, since the mainstream stuff about his trip makes him look like a loving toddler.

quote:

After four months of interactions between Mr. Trump and his counterparts, foreign officials and their Washington consultants say certain rules have emerged: Keep it short — no 30-minute monologue for a 30-second attention span. Do not assume he knows the history of the country or its major points of contention. Compliment him on his Electoral College victory. Contrast him favorably with President Barack Obama. Do not get hung up on whatever was said during the campaign. Stay in regular touch. Do not go in with a shopping list but bring some sort of deal he can call a victory.

For any parents who may be reading this: Donald Trump is President Caillou.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 20, 2017

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

getting stuck in paralysis by analysis due to the sheer volume of jokes available here

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Scott blocked me an hour ago :smith:

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Can someone define 'linguistic kill shot'?

Is someone taking English out back behind the shed with a gun in hand?

Prism fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 20, 2017

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
That sounds like Trump's America

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Prism posted:

Can someone define 'linguistic kill shot'?

Is someone taking English out back behind the shed with a gun in hand?

:cumpolice:

JohnClark
Mar 24, 2005

Well that's less than ideal

Matt Walsh on facebook posted:

They tore down a Robert E Lee statue in New Orleans last night. I'm sorry, this is madness. General Lee was opposed to slavery. He called it a "moral evil." He never purchased a single slave and the slaves he inherited from his father-in-law, he freed. Which is more than can be said for the numerous Union generals who owned slaves. General Lee was also opposed to secession. He was offered the job commanding the Northern Army, but he declined because, as a Virginian, he could not bring himself to march an army against his home and his sons. Tell me: would you do differently? Would you take up arms against your family? Is that such a simple choice? Can you really not appreciate the complexity of the situation that General Lee faced?

General Lee was widely respected on both sides. Read the accounts of his surrender at Appomattox to understand just how highly regarded he was by the men who actually did the fighting. He was one of the greatest Generals this country ever produced, and he was a man of honor and dignity. General Grant recognized that, his soldiers recognized that, Lincoln recognized it, yet we today, in modern times, cast him aside as a racist and a traitor. Disgraceful.

We can talk about the political causes of the Civil War, but it cannot be disputed that the men who actually fought did so to protect their countries. Southerners considered their states to be their countries first. We may not understand that nowadays, but sometimes a bit of historical perspective is necessary. You know, the same historical perspective we afford to the slave-owning Founders, such as Jefferson, who not only owned slaves but desecrated the Bible and created his own. Yet we put these evils aside and build monuments to him. Can we not then put the Civil War in context and allow a great man like Robert E Lee to be remembered and honored, as both his compatriots and his enemies honored him?

One last note to those conservatives who celebrate the destruction of Confederate monuments. Mark my words: they will come for the slave-owning Founders next. And what will you say then?

Can we not appreciate the difficult decision Lee faced? Is it not disgraceful for us to judge him a traitor, simply because he lead the armies of a traiterous rebellion? Is there no room in our hearts for compassion?

BTW liberals are evil and abortion doctors should be shot.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
When I go down aisle 3 at the grocery store, I can appreciate the complexity of the situation.

So many different types of cereal... so many different types of Gatorade...

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

JohnClark posted:

Can we not appreciate the difficult decision Lee faced? Is it not disgraceful for us to judge him a traitor, simply because he lead the armies of a traiterous rebellion? Is there no room in our hearts for compassion?

For the GOP, compassion and nuance are to only be used on wealthy slave-owners who turned traitor against their country.

Don't wanna waste it on something useless like the poor and sick.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

JohnClark posted:

Lee's story is pretty neat, in terms of the poo poo he went through during the pre and post civil war periods. He did a lot for reintegration of the north and south after the war iirc and talked a lot of southern army dudes out of going geurilla.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

I can really understand not fighting against Virginia as a general, but instead couldn't he just abstain from fighting at all? I mean just be a slave freeing farmer. How many American soldiers did his tactical mind kill?

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
The incoherence of the critiques is manifest on both sides. The USA has a traitorous slave-owning general on its $1 bill. Tipi Sultan was "on the losing side" does that mean we shouldn't esteem him because we lol he a loser?

Unwillingness to honestly engage with this means you can't come back at a Matt Walsh and say, yeah maybe we can also critique Jefferson and Washington.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
It's almost as if...

wait for it...sit down, let it sink in...

historical figures were all human. Flawed, imperfect humans who individually each did some good things and some bad things.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

TildeATH posted:

The incoherence of the critiques is manifest on both sides. The USA has a traitorous slave-owning general on its $1 bill.

Wow, I never thought of it that way. Thank you South Park, the truth really is somewhere in the middle!

Wang_Tang
Jan 11, 2004

Cryptologic
Preview of the upcoming news cycle for Fox News et al.

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/866016183815942144

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

PJOmega posted:

Wow, I never thought of it that way. Thank you South Park, the truth really is somewhere in the middle!

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

PJOmega posted:

Guys, guys, guys…I have the best idea. What if we depict both presidential candidates as equally bad?? Then it looks like we're making a bold political statement, when we're actually just uninformed cowards too chickenshit to say anything controversial, especially when it could expose our ignorance!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wang_Tang posted:

Preview of the upcoming news cycle for Fox News et al.

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/866016183815942144

Fox News is crazy but like I don't think they're crazy enough to run with a Hillary Clinton murder conspiracy that the police have already debunked and the parents of the victim are outraged that their son is being used for ratings and politics. Sean Hannity is crazy and evil enough to spend the next 6 months on it, but like the majority of Fox News will just keep pretending he doesn't exist.

Although now that primetime is Tucker, The Five, and Hannity that's a lot of shameless, evil, crazy in the prime slots. But I wouldn't be surprised if we see this ratings turn continue if they try and ride this one.

Its a weird thing to say but O'Reilly and Kelly kept the Fox News Primetime relatively grounded.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

PJOmega posted:

No, but the douchebags on each wing sure are exactly the same. The horseshoe is obviously dangling in a bucket of horseshit.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I checked analytics of my frontpages tool and one of the referring sites was the marklevinshow website. :pwn: I hunted around to see where it could have been linked but didn't find anything. Wh-what the hell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Xibanya posted:

I checked analytics of my frontpages tool and one of the referring sites was the marklevinshow website. :pwn: I hunted around to see where it could have been linked but didn't find anything. Wh-what the hell?

He's probably re-selling it as part of some kind of "Right Wing Front Page" package to go along with his lovely on-demand conservative talk show.