Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah there was a lot of debate at the time TTK was leaving old content behind and to be fair I was firmly in the "burn it all, get new stuff" camp at the time and I remain there.

Some of the old guns were so freaking overpowered that it was ridiculous, and you really didn't have any reason to use any loadout but Fatebringer, black hammer and gjally for PvE. They literally couldn't design interesting content that was capable of being fun with that loadout and a "normal loadout" without those things because the damage difference was insane.

This lead to most group activities having big time gear requirements for what amounted to sitting still and hammering a boss to death in 2 seconds.

Ever since then they've been better about making guns that don't trivialize encounters and encounters that can't be trivialized. It's been good on the PvE side of things so I think they made the right choice to leave old guns and elemental purple primaries behind.

Now pvp has been continuously hosed up because they keep introducing guns that bypass special ammo constraints but it looks like they've gotten the idea for D2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!
:bravo2:

Pretty sure those reveal videos only had light level? Not in a position to double check fake news facts though.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i was thinking of making my own destiny crew

it would be the Something Awful Destiny Console and PC Friendship League

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

eonwe posted:

i was thinking of making my own destiny crew

it would be the Something Awful Destiny Console and PC Friendship League

Get him!!!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey buddy, I think you've got the wrong door. The leather club's two threads down.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Spiv posted:

:bravo2:

Pretty sure those reveal videos only had light level? Not in a position to double check fake news facts though.

In screenshots you can see that players have both level and light level listed. Given that it's a near-certainty that gear still has a level gate.

e:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Yeah, so long as 1:1 infusion remains its a fine system

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

treiz01 posted:

Except in the last thread the console players started to whine after 2 pages of PC related chat, the thread got closed and the new console thread opened up. I saw your post in the other thread about making a common Goon Squad for all platforms and I'm for it.

Edit: Lol, the first response to your suggestion was "Get him!!!"

I am so surprised by this I forgot to be surprised.

Lol

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
These PC guys are such huge loving dorks I'm glad they get their own thread to discuss hardware issues and rampant cheating on the PC but will still drop by every once in a while so we can bully them.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
http://i.imgur.com/yX7UkOS.mp4

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

These PC guys are such huge loving dorks I'm glad they get their own thread to discuss hardware issues and rampant cheating on the PC but will still drop by every once in a while so we can bully them.

will u join my crew

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

eonwe posted:

will u join my crew

You gotta be rowdy as hell

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

haveblue posted:

In screenshots you can see that players have both level and light level listed. Given that it's a near-certainty that gear still has a level gate.

e:

I'm glad Light level is now the biggest number on the screen versus the old, irrelevant character level.

Also there's another consumable next to glimmer in the top right :negative:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You gotta be rowdy as hell

im one rowdy motherf*cker

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Meat Dimension posted:

I'm glad Light level is now the biggest number on the screen versus the old, irrelevant character level.

Also there's another consumable next to glimmer in the top right :negative:

I just assumed that's the new Legendary Marks.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Policenaut posted:

It's purple so probably something like that.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I wanna see what they did to voidwalkers, looks like the one shot supers are over. I wonder if all supers are roaming now.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

texaholic posted:

I wanna see what they did to voidwalkers, looks like the one shot supers are over. I wonder if all supers are roaming now.

If I had to guess I'd say they are like a quiver nightstalker, with quiver going away on nightstalker so they are a true support super.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

FishBulb posted:

It's purple so probably something like that.

(ignore this post, gif wouldn't embed for some reason)

the good fax machine fucked around with this message at 17:31 on May 20, 2017

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Policenaut posted:

That would own. It makes sense but new icon spooked me.

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

That would own. It makes sense but new icon spooked me.

Probably your Bungie coins. You'll need them to do any activity beyond story missions. You can bet your rear end Everest Trading got out of the invasion just fine.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm guessing the new marks are going to be "bbq traveler chunks" or something that we're going to endlessly farm to bring back to the tower so they can rebuild the city/heal the traveler.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The weapon and armor icons have to be placeholders, right? They look really flat.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

haveblue posted:

No reviving in Nightfall sounds terrible, who wants to be the guy deciding whether to spend 15 minutes soloing an encounter or kill yourself and start over with all 3.

All that effort for an activity that rewards strange coins lmao

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The weapon and armor icons have to be placeholders, right? They look really flat.

Anything not at an angle is probably a placeholder.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

limaCAT posted:

All that effort for an activity that rewards strange coins lmao

The players asked for vanilla Destiny and that is the experience we seek to provide!!1!

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

xzzy posted:

bbq traveler chunks

:yum:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Maybe, probably? IIRC didn't they refresh icons between the beta and launch of D1, and then again with TTK?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

the good fax machine posted:

Maybe, probably? IIRC didn't they refresh icons between the beta and launch of D1, and then again with TTK?

They refreshed and sometimes fixed many icons in year one.
Every single expansion brought many little ui changes together with qol changes (not commendations though, got behind with commendations because I wanted to level up different factions) and it was good.
Also

The reddits asked for vanilla Destiny and that is the experience we seek to provide!!1!

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Edit - ^^^ that's more accurate ^^^

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Even the angled icons look bad. I'm guessing there's a new smoother aesthetic but we aren't getting the full production gfx and UI elements just quite yet.

It's a small complaint in the grand scheme of things but it's just kinda weird imho

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Destiny 2: Friendship ended with CIRCLE; now DIAMOND is my best friend

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Destiny 2: Friendship ended with CIRCLE; now DIAMOND is my best friend

Rip circle.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I'm excited for DESTINY 2: PRETTY MUCH DESTINY 1™.

I can't wait to never use grenade launchers.

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009
Did anyone see if heavy synths are still a thing and do they require 45 seconds of loading and menus to access?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
:same: but way gayer

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Some Zero posted:

Did anyone see if heavy synths are still a thing and do they require 45 seconds of loading and menus to access?

lmao thats way more in depth than whats going to be shown at a play demo

inventory and mission are locked on those things. always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
From looking at the multiplayer footage I thought that the time between pressing option to the character menu becoming responsive was way faster as well as map loading.