Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

And think of all the laid you could have been having.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Vintersorg posted:

Yeah, I could barely get through 1 episode.

But now it's a super hit with everyone.

Just watch episodes 5,6,8, & 9 (Meeseeks and destroy, Rick Potion #9, Rixty Minutes, and Something Ricked this way comes)

They build on each other and the pilot episode is really the only one with all the belching

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I love the purge episode.

Feels good.. yeah.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

It's almost required to have a broken brain to make good art. I'm not sure whether this is still true, but Mike Judge is a friend of Alex Jones and presumably listens to his show. He did record himself doing the voices of Hank Hill, Beavis, and Butthead boosting the show.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

get that OUT of my face posted:

It's almost required to have a broken brain to make good art.

Nah, that's just something hosed up people say to reassure themselves it's ok they aren't trying to get better.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

get that OUT of my face posted:

It's almost required to have a broken brain to make good art. I'm not sure whether this is still true, but Mike Judge is a friend of Alex Jones and presumably listens to his show. He did record himself doing the voices of Hank Hill, Beavis, and Butthead boosting the show.

the best comedians are horribly brokebrained people who laugh at the folly of life. See lady dynamite et al

BlueFootedBoobie
Feb 15, 2005

Just left an event Middleditch emceed - he was pretty funny with a tough crowd.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FdmnmVBQXI

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Mulva posted:

Nah, that's just something hosed up people say to reassure themselves it's ok they aren't trying to get better.

Why not both?

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
This week was amazing. Richard's stutter when Jared has the cheese knife... oh man.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So does anyone else think this will be another season of them getting "the team" back together followed by next year being when everything falls apart? Oh, and Big Head failing up even more.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Solice Kirsk posted:

So does anyone else think this will be another season of them getting "the team" back together followed by next year being when everything falls apart? Oh, and Big Head failing up even more.

He's gonna end up as the congressman for Palo Alto and Erlich's going to try to become his Chief of Staff.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

BIG HEADLINE posted:

He's gonna end up as the congressman for Palo Alto and Erlich's going to try to become his Chief of Staff.

Show end: President Bighead elected despite minimum age requirement, VP Elrich, sequel is also sequel to Veep.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
They'll take a cue from Yes, MinsterYes, Prime Minister and upgrade the title to Silicon Beltway.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

anime was right posted:

jian yang better be the richest person alive when this show ends

With his partner Bighead. Just another way to screw Erlich.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
"I will talk them into suicide" was my favorite part

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

BonoMan posted:

"I will talk them into suicide" was my favorite part

I liked how Jared, when continually probed about whether or not he was serious about murdering people, just kept laughing like a character in a comic book movie who's one second away from becoming the murderous psychopath supervillain that's always been just there beneath the surface, waiting for society to beat, stomp, and chip enough of the good away so he could escape.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOXup8chEoY

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
i've been seriously considering writing a spec script where jared leaves to work for a DC nonprofit

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
A plot: Jared's usual awkardness
B plot: Erlich is arrested for smoking marijuana in front of the White House land after misunderstanding DCs kafkaesque marijuana laws

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The origin of the "Always Blue" game is revealed around the 20 minute 30 second mark. Kumail even references that one reddit post I linked, ahaha.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

teagone posted:

The origin of the "Always Blue" game is revealed around the 20 minute 30 second mark. Kumail even references that one reddit post I linked, ahaha.

I liked how they were mocking having the Google name all over the campus.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
SV cast is the best.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

etalian posted:

I liked how they were mocking having the Google name all over the campus.

"A RadioShack that just closed and all of them staring at the name of the company they work for..."

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Colonel Whitey posted:

SV cast is the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7zJdii1w2k

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

of course the guy Gavin's getting the Peter Thiel Dracula treatment from is named "Bryce"

e: "Osama Bin Fuckin" is now my new favorite name Gilfoyle's given Dinesh

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 22, 2017

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Another good episode.

I hope Mia's phone root picked up on that final conversation so she finds out when she posts bail/gets out of jail

Also more Russ again!

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://breamhall.com

(I agree, "Cardinal" is a poo poo nickname, but then again Furd is a poo poo school)

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 22, 2017

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo Laurie revealing she has three kids who she's never once mentioned.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Poor Mia. She just wanted her Indian IT guy. :smith:

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

PostNouveau posted:

Holy poo poo Laurie revealing she has three kids who she's never once mentioned.

Not even to her best friend!

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I hate to invoke the Nazarene, but Jesus Christ what the gently caress Richard?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Goldfoyle

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I love Erlich's flashes of business acumen.

Also Jian Yang.. "are you drinking a creamer?" "it's half and half"

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

priznat posted:

I love Erlich's flashes of business acumen.

Also Jian Yang.. "are you drinking a creamer?" "it's half and half"

More like when his always astute observations of silicon valley culture happen to dovetail with business reality. He's always been the one most "plugged in" to the culture over there. He just fails to parlay that into success most of the time, nor is he self aware about it.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
Jianathan

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

I started laughing out loud in my parking lot this morning because I starting thinking about Jared confronting blood boy. Glad nobody else was around.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Thought Richard's little rant about CS being the exclusive domain of nerdy loner outcasts was a bit...miserable and nasty and Big Bang Theory-esque for this show. Just seemed more mean-spirited than I expected, rather than the show's typical cynicism.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

VagueRant posted:

Thought Richard's little rant about CS being the exclusive domain of nerdy loner outcasts was a bit...miserable and nasty and Big Bang Theory-esque for this show. Just seemed more mean-spirited than I expected, rather than the show's typical cynicism.

Yeah, I couldn't believe they played that straight. I was really expecting it to blow up in Richard's face somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Yeah that was the first time in the show where they went far enough to make me really think Richard is a piece of poo poo. Maybe they're assuming their audience is at least as intelligent as me (not a high bar) and figuring everyone will get that Richard's little nerd speech was deeply uncool even though it didn't bite him in the rear end five minutes later.

• Locked thread