Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Frankston posted:

Hey guys I have a hot take, here it is:

Mario Kart sucks

Thanks for reading my hot take

Unbelievable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Unbelievable.

What I really want is a new F-Zero game

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Frankston posted:

I want an F-Zero movie.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

It was really weird that the Death Race remake used Mario Kart rules.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I want an F-Zero movie.

I'd watch it. But then I'd watch a Mario Party movie.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Frankston posted:

The Switch already has that, it's just called Fast RMX.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The first Virtual Console games better be Metroid Prime and F-Zero GX

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oooh! I'm sorry, the answer is: Balloon Fight and Urban Champion.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
there will be no gamecube vc

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

At least I got Balloon Fight for free...

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
i,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, just want? super mario WORLD!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

The Bloop posted:

I'd watch it. But then I'd watch a Mario Party movie.

Giant Bomb's Mario Party Party is a good series of Mario Party films

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

i,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, just want? super mario WORLD!

Too hard to emulate SNES.

Can I offer you some more CalicoVision and Atari games at $7.99?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just want to watch the world burn :twisted:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I wish binding of Isaac didn't have the world's ugliest aesthetic, it seems like it'd be the perfect game for me otherwise

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Frankston posted:

Hey guys I have a hot take, here it is:

Mario Kart sucks

Thanks for reading my hot take

which one

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Zelder posted:

I wish binding of Isaac didn't have the world's ugliest aesthetic, it seems like it'd be the perfect game for me otherwise

You get used to it, just buy it.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I wish Binding of Isaac wasn't designed by a bad person who makes the game less playable every expansion.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I wish Binding of Isaac had more interesting items and item combinations instead of a lot of stat up items.

E: forgot about all the 'babies' and 'buddy' followers.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Louisgod posted:

You get used to it, just buy it.

I'll just wait for enter the gungeon, my roguelike obsession of choice, to come to the switch

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nindies and new eSport IPs are the future of Nintendo.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
A hot dog is a taco.

A switch is a live, straight console.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

A hot dog is gutter food for the poors.

Naturally, I eat them often.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Xenoverse 2 confirmed for US release this Fall.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/866005824790945792

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I read that name wrong and had a moment of severe disbelief.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Infinitum posted:

A hotdog IS a sandwich :colbert:

this is tough for me because according to the chart i'm structural purist, ingredient neutral but also a sub(hoagie, grinder etc) is obviously a sandwich

wait no i'm confused now because i don't think a burger is a sandwich either, it's almost like my thoughts on this are completely arbitrary and meaningless

inferis fucked around with this message at 20:34 on May 20, 2017

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

A burger is definitely a sandwich

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
So what's the secret to actually being able to buy a Switch? I tried some weird rituals from the internet but I don't think the goat's blood was fresh enough.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Roadie posted:

So what's the secret to actually being able to buy a Switch? I tried some weird rituals from the internet but I don't think the goat's blood was fresh enough.

Best Buy tomorrow morning at opening. They're advertising a restock.

https://twitter.com/BestBuySupport/status/865678265792380928

Vegastar fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 20, 2017

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Roadie posted:

I walked into a target after work and bought one

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Dr Cheeto posted:

Giant Bomb's Mario Party Party is a good series of Mario Party films

Which one is the best vid? Also post me the link.

inferis posted:

this is tough for me because according to the chart i'm structural purist, ingredient neutral but also a sub(hoagie, grinder etc) is obviously a sandwich

wait no i'm confused now because i don't think a burger is a sandwich either, it's almost like my thoughts on this are completely arbitrary and meaningless

The BLT is incorrect, because any true purist will tell you a sandwich must contain both a meat and a cheese. Therefore, a BLT is "Ingredient Neutral".
Also, a hotdog and sub are the same thing. The only difference is the orientation of the cut on the bread, and whether the hotdog has cheese.
The Burrito and Chip Butty should be "Ingredient Rebel", as the only carbs/starches should be the wrapper.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 20, 2017

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Which imbecile put Landerig in the wrong spot on the chart?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Saying a burrito is a sandwich is like saying chicken and waffles is an atkins and vegan friendly meal.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Mister Facetious posted:

Which one is the best vid? Also post me the link.

They're available on Giant Bomb's website though most are premium content and all but 9 and 10 are several hours long. 5 is the best IMHO because it was played live in front of an audience that helped maintain a high enery level throughout, but as a victim of the paddling minigame in Mario Party 1 I'm partial to the first one.

If you don't wanna sit down and watch over an hour of Jeff Gerstmann being miserable there's a million "best of mario party party" videos on youtube. I like Mario Party Party but it's definitely something to put on while you're doing something else.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Dr Cheeto posted:

They're available on Giant Bomb's website though most are premium content and all but 9 and 10 are several hours long. 5 is the best IMHO because it was played live in front of an audience that helped maintain a high enery level throughout, but as a victim of the paddling minigame in Mario Party 1 I'm partial to the first one.

If you don't wanna sit down and watch over an hour of Jeff Gerstmann being miserable there's a million "best of mario party party" videos on youtube. I like Mario Party Party but it's definitely something to put on while you're doing something else.

When listening to the podcasts, I sometimes wonder if Ryckert wasn't sent to New York specifically so Gerstmann wouldn't have to participate in Mario party vids any more. :haw:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Giantbomb seems to mostly be subscriber-only content these days, so I really only care for the quick looks/best ofs :shrug:

i like MK8 but i do not like MK8 deluxe because TWO SCOOPS OF RAISINS ITEMS KILLS ME and they still have not put R.O.B back in

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Roadie posted:

I have CamelCamelCamel alert me about price drops on my amazon wishlist. For the switch I had it alert me at 299.99 or whatever. So anyway it sent me an email when they were in stock on Amazon and I got lucky and bought one in the 10 minutes before they sold out. :shrug:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

spit on my clit posted:

Giantbomb seems to mostly be subscriber-only content these days, so I really only care for the quick looks/best ofs :shrug:

i like MK8 but i do not like MK8 deluxe because TWO SCOOPS OF RAISINS ITEMS KILLS ME and they still have not put R.O.B back in

It's worth it. Their premium content is hilarious. If you wait for a sale (which just ended), it's pretty cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Mister Facetious posted:

The BLT is incorrect, because any true purist will tell you a sandwich must contain both a meat and a cheese.
Peanut butter is a meat (protein) and jelly is a cheese (preserved).

• Locked thread