Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

They also gently caress up the timing on a lot of them so they play too late or too early. poo poo once the line didn't even play at all. Some of them are over long too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
why doesn't this girl whos whole story is about trying to end the war with minimal bloodshed not exuberant when she kills people???

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

why doesn't this girl whos whole story is about trying to end the war with minimal bloodshed not exuberant when she kills people???

Kinda missing the point of the war-cries.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Endorph posted:

they own extremely hard, actually

"Sure, I'm still hyper! Let's go!"

You're leaving out the detail that Mae does a super low voice for "Let's go!"

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Mae's voice acting is one of my favorites in this game.

Actually most of the voice acting is really really good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Kinda missing the point of the war-cries.
kinda missing the point of the game

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

kinda missing the point of the game

The point of the game is to have fun.

I would have more fun if the game did a better job of helping me

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Getting kinda weird about characters having different personalities, there

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Getting kinda weird about characters having different personalities, there
just dont ask him about transsexuality

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I do kind of wish there were more interesting crit lines than things like "Yeah!" or "Now!"

Like even in Awakening you still had poo poo like Libra yelling "I am your OMEGA!" despite the fact that his character hated basically everything about the war.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I do kind of wish there were more interesting crit lines than things like "Yeah!" or "Now!"

Like even in Awakening you still had poo poo like Libra yelling "I am your OMEGA!" despite the fact that his character hated basically everything about the war.
stuff like that mostly got loaded into the unit select lines and the lines for when other characters crit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The biggest issue I have is that their crits are just a single portrait of their official art. They HAVE yelling faces, it's such a weird choice.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Saber's voice sounds familiar. It's nagging at me. Any idea who his voice actor is?

Also he has as much def as Boey and Celica has more. Bad meat shield, you gain def and you like it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, I have a ton of really tanky mages while my Myrms are all kinda mediocre there.

Boey/Kliff/Celica/Faye are all rocking higher def than Saber/Grey/Kamui/Atlas.

Even Mae is hitting her def growth more consistently than them. If they didn't have the promotion bonus she'd have more.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Silver Falcon posted:

Saber's voice sounds familiar. It's nagging at me. Any idea who his voice actor is?
keith silverstein. zasalamael in soul calibur, gouken in street fighter, flynn in smtiv, and the deep sea king in one punch man, among others.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Is there a way of dealing with teleporting witches other than pray that they got after someone with decent res?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Is there a way of dealing with teleporting witches other than pray that they got after someone with decent res?

Not really. They are some utter bullshit.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Zore posted:

Not really. They are some utter bullshit.

1992 is one hell of a drug.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Witches are part of the bad jank

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I don't understand witches. Why do thet sometimes not use teleport?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Tae posted:

I don't understand witches. Why do thet sometimes not use teleport?

Because the AI in this game is high as balls on 1992.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
There is some counterplay in that witches will never teleport if they can attack somebody by walking. It's obviously not relevant until you're closing in on them though

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
See, this game is good but there would have been a lot of things that would make it better.

Like give me access to some of the rad enemy only classes! Also give me a special monster unit as a pet that I can promote into the various neat monsters. Like how we got things like Ballasticians in FE11, or that Xane's whole deal.

Also maybe don't give me 3 playable spear classes and 1 sword class. Like have one of them use swords too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

enemies will heavily prioritize summoned units. Both routes have healers that can summon units. Those are the witch bait.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I was wondering why this awful map with a billion archers and one sniper on a desert castle existed

Then I went back and recruited the Whitewings :doh:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i forged a pretty good sword for alm, and then not 2 battles later the royal sword came and blew it out the water

kinda mad i don't have 3rd sword user, gray is on pretty much permanent levin sword duty since drat it's useful

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

A couple of mechanics questions since the manual for this game is useless. Is the speed doubling rule "they double if they have 1 more speed than you, you double if you have 4 more speed than them" or is something else going on that affects doubling? And what's the range on gaining support affinity? Seems almost random whether it'll go off on folks who I *know* have them.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

i forged a pretty good sword for alm, and then not 2 battles later the royal sword came and blew it out the water

kinda mad i don't have 3rd sword user, gray is on pretty much permanent levin sword duty since drat it's useful

Send one to Celica. She has a glut of them, especially if you make Atlas a Merc to fix his speed.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Bruceski posted:

A couple of mechanics questions since the manual for this game is useless. Is the speed doubling rule "they double if they have 1 more speed than you, you double if you have 4 more speed than them" or is something else going on that affects doubling? And what's the range on gaining support affinity? Seems almost random whether it'll go off on folks who I *know* have them.

The doubling threshold is 1 straight up. Support point range is 2.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Endorph posted:

keith silverstein. zasalamael in soul calibur, gouken in street fighter, flynn in smtiv, and the deep sea king in one punch man, among others.

Oh wow. Yeah. He's been in a ton of stuff! He's also Vector the Crocodile... that may be where I recognized the voice. Nothing else stands struck me as an "Ah-hah! That's the voice!" kind of way. Maybe he sounds eerily similar to someone else I'm familiar with.

Zore posted:

Send one to Celica. She has a glut of them, especially if you make Atlas a Merc to fix his speed.

How do you send equipment between them? I haven't even gotten to the point where I can forge (I think?) but it's something to keep in mind for later.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

The Peddler. You can find him in one of the villages.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zore posted:

i uh, may have already wasted that :sweatdrop:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

The doubling threshold is 1 straight up. Support point range is 2.

Huh, maybe I didn't account for a weapon weight or something, though I could swear I double-checked that.

I think what's thrown me off on supports is that not everyone goes up to A, and some of the supports feel janky ending after just one/two conversations. Does Efi really have "bonkers about Alm" as her only character trait, moon over him for one support level and then just shut up?

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
This game feels remarkably more like Final Fantasy Tactics than Fire Emblem

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Huh, maybe I didn't account for a weapon weight or something, though I could swear I double-checked that.

I think what's thrown me off on supports is that not everyone goes up to A, and some of the supports feel janky ending after just one/two conversations. Does Efi really have "bonkers about Alm" as her only character trait, moon over him for one support level and then just shut up?

do you mean faye, or are their really two characters with the same thing going on

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bruceski posted:

Uh, everyone goes up to A. It's just some later support ranks aren't available until later into the game.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Tae posted:

The biggest issue I have is that their crits are just a single portrait of their official art. They HAVE yelling faces, it's such a weird choice.

agreed, the default art on crits is basically the only part of the game's presentation i dislike

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

do you mean faye, or are their really two characters with the same thing going on

Yeah I meant Faye. Apparently she's Efi in the old version, I grabbed it off her OP portrait rather than looking it up on my 3DS. Looking up online they have other support levels, but she definitely isn't gaining affinity when interacting with/near him. Maybe it's chapter-specific?

Endorph posted:

Uh, everyone goes up to A. It's just some later support ranks aren't available until later into the game.

That would explain it.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Maybe it's chapter-specific?

It is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Some things never change from Gaiden, like everyone getting poo poo level ups except Alm and Delthea who turn into statistical monsters. Both of them have about 30+ more stats than everyone else in my army. In Celica's group I ended up with a Saber who has more defense than strength and Est averaging 4-5 stats per level up.

It's a shame you don't get many gold pieces to play around with Forging, you can make some pretty nice stuff. A Killer Bow is a must for any archer. That garbage shadow sword can be made into a Brave Sword for only 50 silver.

• Locked thread