Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Dejan Bimble posted:

Apropos of nothing, I was trying to remember who Portland's pgs were between Brandon Roy and Damian Lillard, and found some very strange rosters

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/POR/2012.html
Does anyone remember Jamal Crawford's single season as a trailblazer?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/POR/2011.html
Or Roy's last season, when Andre Miller took over as starting pg

Portland has the largest collection of "wow that guy played for them" in the league. I think the only reason people remember Gerald Wallace played for them was because of the trade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Meanwhile Hedo Turkoglu works for the fuckin guy.

Never forget about the terrible hedo

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Gerald Wallace was traded for 1st rounders 2 years in a row. One from the former Bobcats, then to the Nets for Damian Lilard

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Meanwhile Hedo Turkoglu works for the fuckin guy.

[WATCH] Hedo Turkoglu Only Says Two Words In Postgame Interview: Grey Wolf

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Sacramento Ottoman Emperors.

Orlando Magic of the Justice and Development Party.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dejan Bimble posted:

Apropos of nothing, I was trying to remember who Portland's pgs were between Brandon Roy and Damian Lillard, and found some very strange rosters

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/POR/2012.html
Does anyone remember Jamal Crawford's single season as a trailblazer?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/POR/2011.html
Or Roy's last season, when Andre Miller took over as starting pg

What do you mean? Roy wasn't their pg, Steve Blake started and Spanish Chocolate and Jerryd Bayless backed him up

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Remember when Jerryd was the third guy on the Blazers' draft board

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

https://twitter.com/emesola/status/865964185594859521

Lavar...you're making it real hard for me to defend the BBBrand

It's not really Lonzo's fault but the schadenfreude on Twitter when guys like Westbrook are eviscerating him next year will be incredible.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I also like the Lebron smoking meme for some dumb reason.

https://twitter.com/Cavsanada/status/865019681614286848

https://twitter.com/HoopeFiasco/status/865778151493914624

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

It's a good meme op

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Im not gonna pretend to understand Kanter's relationship with Turkey, but I hope everything works out for the guy right now

I dont care how many rings Ty Lue wins, his lasting memory will be that of the guy who was brutally owned by Iverson

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Kanter is safely on the way to London apparently.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

E2M2 posted:

https://twitter.com/MahirZeynalov/status/865928723312365568

I mean it sounds like he doesn't have a passport right now.

Going to be an interesting offseason.

NickRoweFillea posted:

Doesn't LaVar not let his kids see their mom in the hospital?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

NickRoweFillea posted:

He also got real fuckin dismissive the other day when the female person on Cowherd's new show asked LaVar why he doesn't plan on marketing any products toward women. Like...he refused to even look at her.

It's looking more and more like LaVar is less a WWE-style salesman and more an Autist who happens to have sons who are real good at basketball.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Enes successfully faked baseline then spun to London for freedom

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Crazy Ted posted:

He also got real fuckin dismissive the other day when the female person on Cowherd's new show asked LaVar why he doesn't plan on marketing any products toward women. Like...he refused to even look at her.

It's looking more and more like LaVar is less a WWE-style salesman and more an Autist who happens to have sons who are real good at basketball.

To be fair to Lavar, that female person had repeatedly shat on him for being a bad father and claimed that Lonzo was "scared of him". Not too many people would react well to that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
That Kanter stuff is scary, the world is bad.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Yeah, it's a really bad situation.

quote:

This was not the first time that Kanter had problems related to his outspoken views about Mr. Erdogan. It was reported in July that he had received death threats after he criticized the government after a terrorist attack in Turkey. He posted screenshots on Twitter of messages he had received with phrases like “You will die soon” and violent imagery.

In August, Kanter’s father, Mehmet, publicly condemned his son’s political views, writing a letter published by Turkish media claiming his son had been hypnotized by Mr. Gulen.

“With a feeling of shame I apologize to our president and the Turkish people for having such a son,” Mehmet Kanter wrote.

I don't have much of an opinion on Gulen, but Erdogan is a horrible shithead.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jack's Flow posted:

Yeah, it's a really bad situation.

I don't have much of an opinion on Gulen, but Erdogan is a horrible shithead.

Gülen isn't much better, but at least he doesn't have goon squads beating Americans on American soil.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Gülen isn't much better, but at least he doesn't have goon squads beating Americans on American soil.

The PKK are the real heroes of Turkish politics, and should not be a terrorist organization. They're the only effective left-wing group in Turkey and should be supported.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Panzeh posted:

The PKK are the real heroes of Turkish politics, and should not be a terrorist organization. They're the only effective left-wing group in Turkey and should be supported.

True but that should include acknowledging that they aren't and don't wanna be Turkish

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Crazy Ted posted:

I think one of the ringer podcast had a segment about this, she insinuated he was abusing his kids amongst everything else, so he was gonna attack/dismiss her regardless of gender. And the set of cowherd's show is setup that he would have to turn around to see her or something, so it was easy to use that to claim she was 2nd class even on her own show.

Irregardless, he probably doesn't have high opinion of women, Micheal Jordan, LeBron's genes, I mean what is he reasonable about except his I want what's mine thing, which can prob be connected with not holding others in high regards.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
I can't believe how good Lebron has been this playoffs. His WS/48 is almost as good as Kawhi's, that's seriously impressive.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Bashez posted:

I can't believe how good Lebron has been this playoffs. His WS/48 is almost as good as Kawhi's, that's seriously impressive.

i appreciate you and your goodworks bashez

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/celtics/status/866047921158017024

they literally killed him

:rip:

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Came down with a sudden case of being a scared little bitch

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Lebron killed IT.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Jota posted:

Came down with a sudden case of being a scared little bitch

I believe the term you are looking for is "shook"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I believe the term you are looking for is "shook"

"sthook" - IT

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
He's gonna get traded anyways, what a LOOSER

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ainge now is furiously working the phones to see how many first rounders he can get for IT

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Well they're gonna draft over him so why risk your body right, fart

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

Ainge now is furiously working the phones to see how many first rounders he can get for IT

I mean that's not a bad thing if they're not willing to max him out (they're not)

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Cool Buff Man posted:

I mean that's not a bad thing if they're not willing to max him out (they're not)

This is true but I have no idea what the market would even be for him

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Celtics are kind of in a weird spot. Do they actually go all-in and try to bring over Butler/George and Hayward? Or just go with the young guys?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
There are left wing parties in Turkey that aren't Kurdish but they're small, because the generals spent as much time smashing them as they smashing islamists.

Rick said the Celtics were Denver Nuggets under Karl esque regular season team who would lose to any real team in the playoffs, and look what happened.

DeimosRising posted:

What do you mean? Roy wasn't their pg, Steve Blake started and Spanish Chocolate and Jerryd Bayless backed him up

Faulty memory, my bad

Niwrad posted:

Celtics are kind of in a weird spot. Do they actually go all-in and try to bring over Butler/George and Hayward? Or just go with the young guys?

They have so many first round picks in a time of inflating salaries that hitting on some of them could keep them in really good position for a long time. What they have now is a nice collection of scrappy players and a fatally flawed pg who can carry a team with good shooting, offensively. Just adding Jimmy Butler and Gordon Hayward at a time when all their role players contracts are expiring is too much of a short term play. Lebron probably has 3 more really good seasons and he might play 3 or 5 more after that. The Warriors are going to be split apart in 2-3 years because of tax, so building for the future makes sense.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 20, 2017

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Apparently Wilt Chamberlain played professional basketball when he was 16 under a false identity

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/6cbgx1/wilt_chamberlain_secretly_dominated_professional/

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

Bashez posted:

He's been the best player in the league for awhile now

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
IT getting hurt actually increases the chance of phil trying to recruit him to 100% oh boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Niwrad posted:

If they got one of those guys plus Hayward it would be worth giving it a shot, I guess, but they won't and they have no answer for Lebron on the horizon. I was in the "trade the pick" camp for a while but I would much rather have a chance for a really special future instead of being resigned to getting beaten up by big boys for the next couple of years

• Locked thread