Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
holy poo poo balls Alonso is running no winglets.

I think you may be wrong wicka if he nails pole. Paging Tony Montana to the worst thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Wirth1000 posted:

Lemme know what # you get.

Interestingly, it showed up today despite the tracking still showing it in Canada. I ended up with #344.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I turned on the qualifying just as alonso was coming into turn 3 to start his laps. :allears:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

guys my butthole is so clenched after he almost kissed the wall

its habbening

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Nando might need a new pair of trousers after that last lap. Didn't clear that by much.

Edit: How tight is the gearing in these cars? Alonso ran his laps in 4th, but chilton (lol) is out there in 6th. Is it nascar that runs 4 gears and they sit in 4th for most of the race?

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 20, 2017

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

ilmucche posted:

Nando might need a new pair of trousers after that last lap. Didn't clear that by much.

Edit: How tight is the gearing in these cars? Alonso ran his laps in 4th, but chilton (lol) is out there in 6th. Is it nascar that runs 4 gears and they sit in 4th for most of the race?

Yeah, NASCAR only has a 4-speed gearbox (in the H pattern, no less). Dunno about the gear ratios for Are Nando vs Are Max, must be a team/personal preference thing.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Told 'ya Max Chilton would have made a decent midfielder if he had been given a chance :smug:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

On most Indycar ovals you usually run in 5th gear. 6th sometimes if you're slipstreaming behind someone or saving fuel.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

ilmucche posted:

One of the announcers said that the difference between 4th and 5th is like 50rpm which seems like hyperbole but maybe not

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

SATO-SAN HAS THE FASTEST QUALIFYING TIME

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Troy Queef posted:

SATO-SAN HAS THE FASTEST QUALIFYING TIME

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Holy gently caress I left for a BBQ and Sato does magic

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Hi.

I just spent the day watching the Pirelli World Challenge and NASCAR Pinty's series at Mosport today. The NASCAR stuff was lovely and really uninteresting. Just stupid loud stock cars boring. But the Pirelli World Challenge was fantastic as all hell. There were two races/classes in the morning and in the evening.

The field was such a great mix of Cadillac CTS(?), Lamborghinis, Maseratis, Porsches, NSXs, Merc SLSs.... almost every drivetrain configuration representated minus FWD. The noise of the cars was astounding and a delightful mix of engine configurations and cylinder #s. Great racing all around and a lot of fun!

If the PWC comes anywhere near you I highly recommend it. There was also the domestic Porsche GT3 Cup series full of 30 to 50 year old men in some nice rear end 911 GT3s hauling rear end and sounding fantastic. They were way quicker than I imagined they'd be.

Ok, bye.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Ex F1 guys in first 500 qualifying:

2: Takuma Sato
7: Fernando Alonso
12: Max Chilton
18: JP Montoya
RIP: Bourdais

https://twitter.com/_Lassana_/status/866044310780858369

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
lol ban ovals

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Wirth1000 posted:

lol ban ovals

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

He's a big Juan'ing fraud.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhEHBd4w-Z4

http://www.cityam.com/252985/lewis-hamilton-hanging-out-tom-cruise-getting-advice-kanye

The thing he seems to completely forget, is that F1 is what enables him. The moment he stops racing, he stops being a A-list celebrity.
Sure, he might be able to pull off a Posh & Becks, but I don't think he has that mass appeal that either of those 2 had and he definitely does not have their PR manager.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

Hi.

I just spent the day watching the Pirelli World Challenge and NASCAR Pinty's series at Mosport today. The NASCAR stuff was lovely and really uninteresting. Just stupid loud stock cars boring. But the Pirelli World Challenge was fantastic as all hell. There were two races/classes in the morning and in the evening.

The field was such a great mix of Cadillac CTS(?), Lamborghinis, Maseratis, Porsches, NSXs, Merc SLSs.... almost every drivetrain configuration representated minus FWD. The noise of the cars was astounding and a delightful mix of engine configurations and cylinder #s. Great racing all around and a lot of fun!

If the PWC comes anywhere near you I highly recommend it. There was also the domestic Porsche GT3 Cup series full of 30 to 50 year old men in some nice rear end 911 GT3s hauling rear end and sounding fantastic. They were way quicker than I imagined they'd be.

Ok, bye.

Hi. I'm about an hour away from Lime Rock and will attend PWC race there. Bye!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Can someone give me cliff notes on Are Nando's quali today?

Poor Seb, that looked like a pretty solid wreck :ohdear:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GramCracker posted:

Can someone give me cliff notes on Are Nando's quali today?

Poor Seb, that looked like a pretty solid wreck :ohdear:

Much like F1, it seems he has a celing of 7th place in a McLaren.

He's gotta do it again tomorrow to try for pole.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I only saw the timing screens but it looked like the early qualifiers got screwed by the track conditions. No excuses for JPM being outquaified by max chilton mind.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

learnincurve posted:

I only saw the timing screens but it looked like the early qualifiers got screwed by the track conditions. No excuses for JPM being outquaified by max chilton mind.

Yeah, no rubber for that extra grip

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Chilton also has the Honda engine, but tbh qualifying doesn't really matter for the 500 it's just who gets to be cool mr polesitter for a week.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
That's so weird where you have a week of practice, qualifying... and then nothing for a week? Given how extremely dangerous, fatalistic and retarded ovals are you'd think that they'd given everyone practice right up to the main event in order to keep everyone sharp.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

That's so weird where you have a week of practice, qualifying... and then nothing for a week? Given how extremely dangerous, fatalistic and retarded ovals are you'd think that they'd given everyone practice right up to the main event in order to keep everyone sharp.

Tony, at least be more subtle.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Wirth1000 posted:

Kind of fitting your mom passed you out of an oval.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Uncle Jam posted:

Kind of fitting your mom passed you out of an oval.

She should have passed him into the garbage bin.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

Tony, at least be more subtle.

Hey, hey!

I was the original oval hater long before he showed up :mad:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Also, confused cause I thought you meant Tony George for some reason and that made no sense!!!!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

iospace posted:

Yeah, no rubber for that extra grip

wasn't it raining earlier in the day too? So no time to try and bump into the Fast 9, everyone got a run, and the early guys had the job of rubbering in the track.

Everybody gets another shot tomorrow though - 10-33 for their final spots, and the Fast 9 going for the pole.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It was. I think JPM will end up on the fourth row

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Also, confused cause I thought you meant Tony George for some reason and that made no sense!!!!

I would NEVER stoop so low as to compare another human being to Tony loving George.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Man uses 104 year old camera for pictures no one would have posed for if he had brought a Nikon.

http://thechive.com/2017/05/20/man-uses-104-yo-camera-to-capture-formula-1-like-youve-never-seen-it-before-38-photos/

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Hire this dude to do all formula 1 events
Edit: oh he's been doing it a while. Amazing pictures though, I love when a good sports photographer gets to do their thing.

Sir Simon Milligan fucked around with this message at 12:10 on May 21, 2017

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

learnincurve posted:

Man uses 104 year old camera for pictures no one would have posed for if he had brought a Nikon.

http://thechive.com/2017/05/20/man-uses-104-yo-camera-to-capture-formula-1-like-youve-never-seen-it-before-38-photos/

About the 6th time it's been posted, but it is cool.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Not in the worst thread it hasn't. Secret Reddit frequenter spotted.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Bordais with multiple pelvis fractures, yikes

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

learnincurve posted:

Not in the worst thread it hasn't. Secret Reddit frequenter spotted.

Don't do this thing where you make me quote the posts again.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tsaedje posted:

Yeah... he would probably be sitting at #1 if he didn't crash. He also probably has a concussion, but I'd take that over loss of limbs (or worse). Safety tech in the last 10-15 years has really, really increased (three main things here: SAFER, HANS, and the DW-12 Chassis probably saved him from serious harm comparatively)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Tsaedje posted:

did he visit your mom

• Locked thread