Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dizz posted:

okay, guy who thinks russians interfering with the election isn't considered interference because propaganda and hacking isn't somehow interference because it's not a physical thing or something? idk lol

If your beef is with foreigners spreading propaganda then why not start by cleaning up this thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Dizz posted:

okay, guy who thinks russians interfering with the election isn't considered interference because propaganda and hacking isn't somehow interference because it's not a physical thing or something? idk lol

There's no loving evidence. Wheres the evidence. Who told you this

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Here's an englishman interfering with the election by spreading propaganda

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Dizz posted:

because there's a difference between using propaganda to influence an election and directly interfering in the mechanism of the elections themselves

the only people who report it as "interference in the election" are those wishing to inflate what happened to give an extra push to a specific narrative, even Obama himself said that the election was not meddled with

if a newspaper or television network broke that story and not Wikileaks, would it still be interference? was the pussy grabbing tape interference? or were they both forms of propaganda?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

There's no loving evidence. Wheres the evidence. Who told you this

they see smoke and assume theres fire

the smoke is coming from america burning, not trump and russian collusion.

ruxin-yelling-collusion.gif

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Snatch Duster posted:

Its a great feeling when white boys call me a Nazi, fascist, libertarian, crony capitalist, and Indian when in fact my political belief is right leaning communalism. If you support the rise of Aztlan please donate to MEChA.

Lol you voted for the white boy

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
http://thepoliticalinsider.com/obama-french-election-endorses-emmanuel-marcon/

Obama endorsing Marcon. America interfering with French elections.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Lol you voted for the white boy

I voted for a man that believes he is a rat and wears a boot on his head.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

VikingSkull posted:

if a newspaper or television network broke that story and not Wikileaks, would it still be interference?

YES! Just not from a foreign source, unless proven.

VikingSkull posted:

was the pussy grabbing tape interference? or were they both forms of propaganda?

YES!

What makes you think that I thought any of that other poo poo wasn't propaganda and interference? It's been well known trump has always been an rear end in a top hat, but the media never really brought out any of the real poo poo he's done and instead kept trying to pull some sexist narrative, which while i can't say if he's sexist or not, was a dumb thing to push.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

If your beef is with foreigners spreading propaganda then why not start by cleaning up this thread?

My beef isn't with foreigners, only those who have no business messing with something they shouldn't be doing. Same poo poo tried to happen to the french election and thankfully the french have smarter people than the US

Also; Leave foreign goons alone. They are fine to post in here and collectively laugh at you/me/us

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Snatch Duster posted:

I voted for a man that believes he is a rat and wears a boot on his head.

a boot worn on the head immediately becomes a hat until you put it back on your foot, idiot

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Dizz posted:

My beef isn't with foreigners, only those who have no business messing with something they shouldn't be doing.

You utter moron. Why do you think Russia would "meddle"? For fun? Or maybe because we're surrounding their country with nukes and troops while imposing economically crippling sanctions.

They want Uncle Sam's boot off their loving neck. We are the aggressors. Not them.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
We raped Russia in the 90's and are choking them out as we speak, but they release a meme and HOW DARE THEY

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Snatch Duster posted:

It seems like you are under the impression I voted for Trump. I wrote in Vermin Supreme because my state always goes Dem so I through my vote away because lol why not.

did it stay blue this election

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Here's an englishman interfering with the election by spreading propaganda

Haha disgusting he looks like some sort of amphibian

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dizz posted:

My beef isn't with foreigners, only those who have no business messing with something they shouldn't be doing. Same poo poo tried to happen to the french election and thankfully the french have smarter people than the US

Also; Leave foreign goons alone. They are fine to post in here and collectively laugh at you/me/us

Who are the ones who do have a valid business then?

Also I'm not actually against foreign goons, I'm just pointing out the ridiculous hypocrisy of foreigners getting mad and spreading propaganda that other foreigners "interfered" with the election ... by spreading propaganda.

I also don't think foreigners revealing true information is actually a bad thing.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Toadvine posted:

did it stay blue this election

its been blue since 1988.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

I'll bet you get all steamed when you see signs around town that say "Se Habla Español.":laugh:

Why would I? :confused:

A lot of my students are primary Spanish or ESOL kids, a few are helping me learn Spanish even, it's really cool

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Snatch Duster posted:

Be careful, you wouldn't want to insult a minority. It could be construed as racism.

Nah, it's good to reflect upon the fact that minority groups are capable of producing horrifically stupid pieces of poo poo, just like white people. You provide a prime example of this, and we appreciate it.:)

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Majorian posted:

Nah, it's good to reflect upon the fact that minority groups are capable of producing horrifically stupid pieces of poo poo, just like white people. You provide a prime example of this, and we appreciate it.:)

careful majorian, you can say that in this thread because you are safe. say it anywhere else and there might be trouble

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mnoba posted:

careful majorian, you can say that in this thread because you are safe. say it anywhere else and there might be trouble

proof once again that mboba majorian is an out of touch white upper middle class bitch

Snatch Duster fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 21, 2017

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Snatch Duster posted:

proof once again that mboba is an out of touch white upper middle class bitch

upper lower class, my insurance premiums went up 120 a month this year :argh:

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mnoba posted:

upper lower class, my insurance premiums went up 120 a month this year :argh:

poo poo i meant majorian but i wrote mnoba, but good for you.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You utter moron. Why do you think Russia would "meddle"? For fun? Or maybe because we're surrounding their country with nukes and troops while imposing economically crippling sanctions.

They want Uncle Sam's boot off their loving neck. We are the aggressors. Not them.

It's not happening like that without reason.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Snatch Duster posted:

poo poo i meant majorian but i wrote mnoba, but good for you.

ya i figured but my white guilt stepped in and i just went ahead and took it

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Trump is giving a speech on radical ideologies this Sunday. I think it would behoove certain people to listen and believe and learn.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Poetic Justice posted:

Trump is giving a speech on radical ideologies this Sunday. I think it would behoove certain people to listen and believe and learn.

People should believe Trump because ____ ?

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

My thoughts, Russia vs. United States...

- Russia is lovely and is a bad neighbor, and the ultra-corrupt Soviet mindset of its politicians still exists to a large degree, i.e. see Ukraine, Victor Yanukovich's government was poo poo to its people. See Poland, escaped USSR's grasp and became much, much better over the next 20 years.

- Despite the United States' assistance in ousting Victor Yanukovich and Co., Ukraine still remains crap, and most of its anti-corruption measures are meaningless and for show. My sister-in-law has a sister back in Ukraine, western Ukraine, that works in a hybrid government post, has to fake numbers to show some anti-corruption is working. For example, arresting a small time judge who for years gave favorable rulings for a little cash here and there. Still, the ones truly oppressing the people, with a massive effect on the country, remain untouched.

- It's hard to say if Ukraine stays corrupt *in spite* of Western influence, or as a result of it. Maybe the existing corruption is just incredibly hard for a country on the other side of the world to help remove. Maybe the USA doesn't care and just wants access to its resources, businesses, etc.

- Russia deserves its sanctions.

- Russia did meddle via paid-for alternative media, internet shills, and hacking/Wikileaks. As for Wikileaks all it really did is expose corruption. I'm glad it did it, even if Russia itself is a horrible country and worse than the USA.

- The USA did screw with Russia a little in the 90s, so Russia did find out its not part of the cool kids club and is trying to regain some power on its own.

- I think the goal of the Republican establishment is to prevent wealthy people from getting taxed more, while pretending to give a poo poo about family values, pretending to support racism and religion and dogwhistling support.

- I think the goal of the Democrat establishment is to pretend to be the poor man's choice but repeatedly hamstringing their own ability because wealthy people/organizations pay them too. They make some progress but at a snails pace. Hence loving shitbag Joe Lieberman tanking the public option for universal health care that loving lovely swine of a horrible human being.

- I think Trump wanted to make a name for himself by being different although he's basically a bootstrap Republican. He may be the lightning rod meant to attract the tea partier types, then make them look dumb at the same time so the Republican voter goes aww shucks maybe Richie McRich "Mitt Romney" is the only one who can really represent us xenophobic Christian abortion haters, let's never call them RINOs ever again!

Just my thoughts.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Runaktla posted:

- Russia is lovely and is a bad neighbor, and the ultra-corrupt Soviet mindset of its politicians still exists to a large degree, i.e. see Ukraine, Victor Yanukovich's government was poo poo to its people. See Poland, escaped USSR's grasp and became much, much better over the next 20 years.

- Despite the United States' assistance in ousting Victor Yanukovich and Co., Ukraine still remains crap, and most of its anti-corruption measures are meaningless and for show. My sister-in-law has a sister back in Ukraine, western Ukraine, that works in a hybrid government post, has to fake numbers to show some anti-corruption is working. For example, arresting a small time judge who for years gave favorable rulings for a little cash here and there. Still, the ones truly oppressing the people, with a massive effect on the country, remain untouched.

- It's hard to say if Ukraine stays corrupt *in spite* of Western influence, or as a result of it. Maybe the existing corruption is just incredibly hard for a country on the other side of the world to help remove. Maybe the USA doesn't care and just wants access to its resources, businesses, etc.

- Russia did meddle via paid-for alternative media, internet shills, and hacking/Wikileaks. As for Wikileaks all it really did is expose corruption. I'm glad it did it, even if Russia itself is a horrible country and worse than the USA.

- The USA did screw with Russia a little in the 90s, so Russia did find out its not part of the cool kids club and is trying to regain some power on its own.

- I think the goal of the Republican establishment is to prevent wealthy people from getting taxed more, while pretending to give a poo poo about family values, pretending to support racism and religion and dogwhistling support.

- I think the goal of the Democrat establishment is to pretend to be the poor man's choice but repeatedly hamstringing their own ability because wealthy people/organizations pay them too. They make some progress but at a snails pace. Hence loving shitbag Joe Lieberman tanking the public option for universal health care that loving lovely swine of a horrible human being.

- I think Trump wanted to make a name for himself by being different although he's basically a bootstrap Republican. He may be the lightning rod meant to attract the tea partier types, then make them look dumb at the same time so the Republican voter goes aww shucks maybe Richie McRich "Mitt Romney" is the only one who can really represent us xenophobic Christian abortion haters, let's never call them RINOs ever again!

Just my thoughts.

Russia is not my enemy

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Putin might say "The USA is calling someone evil, that's funny"

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Runaktla posted:

Just my thoughts.

Your words will not find fertile minds in this thread, I'm sorry.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Hello thread im back. Oh it seems like lol trump is still fine

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This summer is going to get interesting, will it be the summer of rage with mass riots/protests with all the kids being out of college?

Anyone willing to take bets?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Even if Trump ran as a republican, he's claimed to be a democrat for decades, so if he fails it's basically a failure of Obamas third term.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
If he's good then the party of Lincoln wins again

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Dizz posted:

Your words will not find fertile minds in this thread, I'm sorry.

drat :(

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaf1dKm8444
RADICAL CENTER!

Snatch Duster fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 21, 2017

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

blugu64 posted:

Even if Trump ran as a republican, he's claimed to be a democrat for decades, so if he fails it's basically a failure of Obamas third term.

blugu64 posted:

If he's good then the party of Lincoln wins again

This is the kind of positive thinking we need nowadays!

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Dizz posted:

YES! Just not from a foreign source, unless proven.

YES!

What makes you think that I thought any of that other poo poo wasn't propaganda and interference? It's been well known trump has always been an rear end in a top hat, but the media never really brought out any of the real poo poo he's done and instead kept trying to pull some sexist narrative, which while i can't say if he's sexist or not, was a dumb thing to push.

Here is what you're missing, and I'm trying to point out to you, but you're either not getting it or being willfully obtuse.

The media refers to it as interfering in the election, to make dumb people think "hey, they tampered with the election process!" and therefor assume that the vote itself was somehow tainted.

What really happened was the Russians used propaganda to influence people's thoughts on the election, but the election itself was untouched and perfectly valid.

Both sides are using propaganda to influence how people think, to create an atmosphere that makes them act a certain way. This isn't me defending Trump, I'm pointing out that the election was fair and people are using misinformation, on both sides, to influence the thinking of a common person.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
As far as propaganda goes, leaking internal documents that even the Democrats have never questioned the authenticity of is pretty drat benign if not a wholly good thing.

Doing bad things with good intentions is bad, imo, but doing good things with bad intentions is not bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Propaganda in and of itself is a common tool used by nearly every world government in some capacity.

• Locked thread