Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Regarde Aduck posted:

Telling people not to vote Labour is such a loving cunty thing to do and went over the line. You're a dickhead 'flaps. Reign it in.

Because he'd much rather the Tories give Labour an absolute kicking, so he can come in here and do his "I told you Corbyn was bad" thing yet again, and who gives a gently caress about the damage they'll do to the country, just as long as he can declare that he's been proved right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Julio Cruz posted:

Because he'd much rather the Tories give Labour an absolute kicking, so he can come in here and do his "I told you Corbyn was bad" thing yet again, and who gives a gently caress about the damage they'll do to the country, just as long as he can declare that he's been proved right.

this is pretty much every labour right winger tbh

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

They'll also keep doing it after the election no matter what so for god sake start ignoring them unless they're saying something more substantial than 'I don't like Corbyn, he's an 80s lefty' or 'Labour are still behind, therefore Corbyn must go immediately'.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Skinty McEdger posted:

The mail really tried so hard today to try and spin the firewall as being a good thing by doing another extended feature on the evils of google.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4524392/Google-profits-ads-target-sick.html

Kek at people who take the Daily Mail seriously like my friend I know

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
What if Labour wins? Will they shut up forever?

hahaha no they'll just say he didn't win big enough or it wasn't the right kind of win or he's a sore winner or the russians did it or a magic happened

and therefore corbyn still bad

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I do agree that it's lovely for Google to run those ads.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Looks like a selection of Express front pages

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Julio Cruz posted:

Which is basically what he was accusing Corbyn supporters of doing by refusing to drop him.

Christ he's a oval office.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

What if Labour wins? Will they shut up forever?

hahaha no they'll just say he didn't win big enough or it wasn't the right kind of win or he's a sore winner or the russians did it or a magic happened

and therefore corbyn still bad

If corbyn wins it would be really good and skyrocket britain up the ranking of good countries.

The question is, will his fans finally come around and condemn him if he loses?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Quote is not edit.

Edit: Wait, really? vvvvvvv

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 20, 2017

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Skinty McEdger posted:

The mail really tried so hard today to try and spin the firewall as being a good thing by doing another extended feature on the evils of google.
Remember when they got a guy suspended from Youtube because he did a video on "please don't buy this brand of 'stab proof' vest because it isn't actually stab proof" months ago and they took a couple of screenshots out of context and said it was a training video for terrorists on how to stab through vests after the Westminster attack?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

hakimashou posted:

No?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

If Corbyn does lose I just hope his successor can arrive as a peacemaker rather than fighting for either side of the war within the Labour Party. Corbyn has certainly driven some voters away but he's also attracted new ones and provided a set of overwhelmingly popular and good policies. A leader with less baggage and a better public image could really capitalise on at least some of those policies and hopefully bring people back while also retaining the new voters.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Irony Be My Shield posted:

If Corbyn does lose I just hope his successor can arrive as a peacemaker rather than fighting for either side of the war within the Labour Party. Corbyn has certainly driven some voters away but he's also attracted new ones and provided a set of overwhelmingly popular and good policies. A leader with less baggage and a better public image could really capitalise on at least some of those policies and hopefully bring people back while also retaining the new voters.

gently caress that. Corbyn tried to be a peacemaker from the beginning and had it constantly thrown back in his face and used to undermine him. I have absolute faith that if anyone involved in that disgraceful debacle is trusted again they will immediately use that position to try and seize power back from the membership.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

hakimashou posted:

If corbyn wins it would be really good and skyrocket britain up the ranking of good countries.

No. gently caress off.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Considering Cooper is positioning herself as the peacemaker who can unify the body I think unfortunately Jabby's right.

I take some solace in the knowledge that Cooper has so many enemies within the PLP that her odds of actually getting the leadership are pretty slim.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

Considering Cooper is positioning herself as the peacemaker who can unify the body I think unfortunately Jabby's right.

I take some solace in the knowledge that Cooper has so many enemies within the PLP that her odds of actually getting the leadership are pretty slim.

If Corbyn manages to improve on Miliband's vote share (and hell, actually matching the 35% of Blair's 2005 victory looks within reach) then I can't possibly see the membership voting for a candidate who has always opposed him like Cooper. I think if anything it would galvanise anger against the PLP and Corbyn would be returned by a landslide if they tried to challenge him.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

lol at the mail complaining about people claiming nonesense cures for cancer.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Again, the "Unity" rhetoric only swings in one direction, and is actually "Shut up and capitulate to our Neo-Liberalism". The centerists will never unify behind a left wing candidate, but will demand unity and no descent under their agenda at all times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHDmskeGARk

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 21, 2017

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Hi everybody. My dad, a retired scot ex-submariner with pictures of I dunno HMS vanguard on his study wall announced to me today he is voting labour (in an english seat) and has developed time for Corbyn. His wife, my mother, a recently retired NHS employee (band 6 or something) who normally refers to how 'we vote' refuses to vote labour with a scoff. She is going Lib Dem. Old people man. I'll try and put this on a graph for you but I can't find my Office 2003 CD. Also my phone doesn't have a cd rom.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Hi everybody. My dad, a retired scot ex-submariner with pictures of I dunno HMS vanguard on his study wall announced to me today he is voting labour (in an english seat) and has developed time for Corbyn. His wife, my mother, a recently retired NHS employee (band 6 or something) who normally refers to how 'we vote' refuses to vote labour with a scoff. She is going Lib Dem. Old people man. I'll try and put this on a graph for you but I can't find my Office 2003 CD. Also my phone doesn't have a cd rom.

When will people learn that the Lib Dems are an absolute waste of space.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Bout 6 years ago mostly.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

jBrereton posted:

Bout 6 years ago mostly.

Shame it didn't take.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
*looking at # of lib dem MPs/mayors*

o contrare

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

jBrereton posted:

*looking at # of lib dem MPs/mayors*

o contrare

There are still too many Lib Dem MPs.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

On the one hand your mum's an idiot but at least she's not voting tory

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!
Ohhhhhhhh Jeremy Corbyn

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Namtab posted:

On the one hand your mum's an idiot but at least she's not voting tory

Do they do mother's day cards with this on it?

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
That poll is really encouraging. If the gap keeps shrinking we may even have May sent back with the same/only slightly increased majority. The fact that I am excited for that prospect is loving depressing.

jabby posted:

gently caress that. Corbyn tried to be a peacemaker from the beginning and had it constantly thrown back in his face and used to undermine him. I have absolute faith that if anyone involved in that disgraceful debacle is trusted again they will immediately use that position to try and seize power back from the membership.
What did he actually do to try and be a peacemaker? Genuine question. I remember him talking a lot but being frustrated that he wasn't doing the obvious things like putting the Trident thing to bed straight away. Talk isn't enough, you actually have to make political compromises.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

So someone decided to publish a long shot of May launching the Conservative Battle Bus.

Literally everyone in the "crowd" was a hand picked Tory activist.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

El Grillo posted:

That poll is really encouraging. If the gap keeps shrinking we may even have May sent back with the same/only slightly increased majority. The fact that I am excited for that prospect is loving depressing.

What did he actually do to try and be a peacemaker? Genuine question. I remember him talking a lot but being frustrated that he wasn't doing the obvious things like putting the Trident thing to bed straight away. Talk isn't enough, you actually have to make political compromises.

There were a bunch of Labour right wingers in the shadow cabinet. Corbyn was rewarded by dramatic resignations e.g. live on the BBC before PMQs.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Unity cabinet which would promptly go on to leak, resign and brief against Corbyn.

I think Corbyn had an idea of being a principled democratic leader who could keep his personal views on e.g. Trident separate from the aims of the party as decided by its membership at conference. This did not work out well for various reasons.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Did anyone link the story about the French lawyer filing a claim that the EU referendum was illegal because it excluded EU-resident ex-pats?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

Did anyone link the story about the French lawyer filing a claim that the EU referendum was illegal because it excluded EU-resident ex-pats?
Aye that'll turn the whole boat around.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Jedit posted:

So someone decided to publish a long shot of May launching the Conservative Battle Bus.

Literally everyone in the "crowd" was a hand picked Tory activist.

You can find similar shots of Cameron hanging out in empty warehouses with crowds the same size. It's the consequences of stage managing everything; the list of approved people who can be in the same room as politicians gets smaller and smaller and it all relies on pictures taken up close and from a low angle (all the guys on their knees there) and crap media which reports that as a crowd of supporters.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

hakimashou posted:

Its going to be very exciting on election night to see whose predictions turn out to be right.

Election night is going to be fascinating.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Pissflaps posted:

Hell even I'm excited for the potential meltdowns, both here and real life.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
How long do I have to post my vote by mail? I can get it printed by next Tuesday and send it.

Also, who else is doing a mail vote?

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Uncle Kitchener posted:

Also, who else is doing a mail vote?

I'm pretty sure your old racist auntie is doing a Mail vote :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

That's it, buddy up with the human trash.

• Locked thread