Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

kiimo posted:

Have you seen how many fans Kentucky has? Assuming Kentucky cheats misses the point entirely. They don't have to cheat.

Well, neither does New England.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Sp I made a mock draft.

Not too serious, some of them are players going to places that I'd like them to go instead of where I think they'll actually go, but it was fun to make.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The players should be paid anyway so cheating is actually extremely dope. Calipari is the most morally righteous person in college sports

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Sp I made a mock draft.

Not too serious, some of them are players going to places that I'd like them to go instead of where I think they'll actually go, but it was fun to make.

I think if the Wolves were going to trade a PG, Tyus would be the last one I would expect. The pick is intriguing though.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Sp I made a mock draft.

This is so pretty, I love it.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Rick posted:

This is so pretty, I love it.

Hey thanks! I spent way too much fuckin' time on it but I like doing mocks so it's all good.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

MourningView posted:

The players should be paid anyway so cheating is actually extremely dope. Calipari is the most morally righteous person in college sports

I'm more annoyed that all the booster money is going to extravagant dorms when they should be legit be spread around to multiple academic things. It should be the NCAA paying their basic needs, not donors paying for luxuries to the comparative detriment of the rest of the university.

That doesn't really reflect on Cal one way or another. He at least cares about his players, which is more than I can arguably say about my own alma mater's coach, so all the power to him.

I saw some draft with Jackson falling to 6 and Tatum at 1, and I'm still shaking my head at that, so glad to see my fellow goons are backing me up on that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Arizona has the luxury of having an okay football program (albeit not great on a national level but it's still generally better football team than most basketball schools) so while the basketball team is involved in an amenities/facilities national armsrace, a lot of the "spread the wealth" stuff happens with the football team. When they got their stadium upgrade and training facilities the whole athletic program got to use them (except for the basketball team, that has their own) and the stadium is a cool kind of mini athlete's village sort of thing during the week/offseason.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Sp I made a mock draft.

This is great. You get bonus points for mentioning Big Sauce

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
How does this affect Ball's stock

https://twitter.com/ZO2_/status/736050137462509569

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Welp ball really ain't a star

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I hope he slips to Minnesota.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Don't see a problem with that.

Yes I'm a white guy that grew up in the suburbs why do you ask.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Doltos posted:

I hope he slips to Minnesota.

he can learn real hip hop like Atmosphere

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Criminal Minded posted:

he can learn real hip hop like Atmosphere

he's gonna meet Brother Ali and convert to Islam

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

molly percocet

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Ben Golliver with SI says that the fact that GMs are saying Lavar is not a problem is probably actually a sign that he is a problem because if he wasn't a problem they just wouldn't say anything.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Jota posted:

he's gonna meet Brother Ali and convert to Islam

Big Bilal Brand

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Who was the last top-tier prospect with parents as nutty as Lavar?

Eric Lindros' folks had some issues, but they werent half as bad as Lavar. And I think they cut it out for the most part when Lindros was playing. But that was a bit before my time.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Eric Lindros' folks had some issues, but they werent half as bad as Lavar. And I think they cut it out for the most part when Lindros was playing. But that was a bit before my time.

He's not in the top tier of star prospects but Colby Rasmus was a very well-regarded MLB prospect with a total loving knob for a dad

I know Richard Williams (father of Serena and Venus) is considered pretty out there but on the other hand it seems like there's a lot of racial animosity packaged in there that I'm not comfortable untangling and as for results it's hard to argue with his methods as a coach

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

hmm multiple championships and a hof lock
vs
rivers is a pretty cool qb <:\

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Eric Lindros' folks had some issues, but they werent half as bad as Lavar. And I think they cut it out for the most part when Lindros was playing. But that was a bit before my time.d d

Lindros's parents were considered bad after the draft thing, because they didn't want him to be forced to play while he was concussed, which was a thing only fairies would consider, because hockey is for tough guys

Lavar Ball is just playing the sports TV yelling stupid poo poo game to get free publicity for his sons and his company, he's playing the Donald Trump game. I honestly think if he believed his sons would be truly great he'd be quieter, he's trying to create a built in excuse if they ever struggle. He's operating, he's doing things, with the end goal being his family making as much money as they can.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Not recent at all but Todd Marinovich comes to mind.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Trash

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think putting DMX in his top 5 makes up for any flaws in the rest of his list

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Lindros was an amazing rear end in a top hat in his own right.

Jack Johnson, NHL: parents borrowed $15 million in his name.

Pat Buchanon, NFL: mother demanded $1 million compensation for raising him.

Drew Brees, NFL: mother used his name and image for a variety of things (e.g. running for political office) until he threatened to sue her.

Mary Pierce, tennis: father was so abusive he was banned from all pro tennis events in which she played. He ended up suing her for $.

Manny Pacquiao, boxing: Father took his dog, killed it, and ate it in front of him

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Manny Pacquiao, boxing: Father took his dog, killed it, and ate it in front of him

loving owned

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Dude, we all eat adobo, why do you have to make it weird

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I'll be happy if the Sixers get anyone other than Ball.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

NotWearingPants posted:

I'll be happy if the Sixers get anyone other than Ball.

I feel pretty much the same way, except I also don't want Tatum.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Pac over biggie smh

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

It could be worse; drake could be on that list.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Marv Marinovich needs to be on the parent list

quote:

After harming his own National Football League lineman career by overtraining and focusing too much on weight and bulk, Marv studied Eastern Bloc training methods and was hired by Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis as the NFL's first strength-and-conditioning coach.[1] Marv later opened his own athletic research center and applied the techniques to his young son, introducing athletic training before Marinovich could leave the crib and continuing it throughout his childhood and adolescence.[2] Marv saw an opportunity to use techniques, focusing on speed and flexibility, that later formed the basis for modern core training. During her pregnancy, Trudi used no salt, sugar, alcohol, or tobacco; as a baby, Marinovich was fed only fresh vegetables, fruits, and raw milk.[1] Marv Marinovich commented "Some guys think the most important thing in life is their jobs, the stock market, whatever. To me, it was my kids. The question I asked myself was, How well could a kid develop if you provided him with the perfect environment?"[1]

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Marv Marinovich needs to be on the parent list

Somehow after all of that people still went to Marv to mentor their sons (looking at you, Tate Forcier's family).

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Rawle Alkins has withdrawn from the draft. I thought he was a nice second-round sleeper.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

A breakdown of Fox's shooting in Twitter form
https://twitter.com/i/moments/850467584826904577

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

I hope his father grounds him and cuts his allowance.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

A breakdown of Fox's shooting in Twitter form
https://twitter.com/i/moments/850467584826904577

So basically Fox just needs to lift some weights and he'll be a great jumpshooter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

So basically Fox just needs to lift some weights and he'll be a great jumpshooter?

I think it is less that and more that strength will no longer be a reason his shot doesn't fall. Unless you were being sarcastic?

• Locked thread