Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I mean, they have a point. Have you ever watched the Oscars?

Oh no, Moonlight beat La La Land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

fsif posted:

Oh no, Moonlight beat La La Land.

La La Land is the GoAT

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Lol Richard Spencer got banned from his gym for being a nazi

that's just the excuse they gave. he got banned for not even fighting back when he got his rear end kicked

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

hey did conservatives really get butt sad because tim allen's show was cancelled?

Fox would have you believe that.

I'm guess a lot of people who didn't watch it got real real mad about freedom of speech.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
dear old white people,

firefly got one season.

arrested development only got three.

family guy was cancelled three loving times.

good poo poo gets cancelled every year. piss and moan, but stop politicizing it.

tia, something awful forums poster, chilichimp

p.s. tim allen isn't that funny

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fsif posted:

There was also some poll recently that showed that Republicans believe that Christians are more likely to face institutional persecution than POC are.

Pats fan coworker often spoke about the lot of the white, middle class christian male.

"we're the only demographic it's okay to make fun of!!!"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I will be pissed about Deadwood getting cancelled because David Milch wanted to make some lovely show about surfers until the day I die.

I don't know if this is a partisan issue but I am willing to scream about it to my nephews and nieces if that helps.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Chilichimp posted:

dear old white people,

firefly got one season.

arrested development only got three.

good poo poo gets cancelled every year. piss and moan, but stop politicizing it.

tia, something awful forums poster, chilichimp

p.s. tim allen isn't that funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnsiZOJjfUg

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I will be pissed about Deadwood getting cancelled because David Milch wanted to make some lovely show about surfers until the day I die.

I don't know if this is a partisan issue but I am willing to scream about it to my nephews and nieces if that helps.

That show also cost like a million dollars a minute.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

the best part of home improvement was wilson and tim hanging out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP8b2H77uqg

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

also any time they made "the man's ________!" on tool time

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

the best part of home improvement was wilson and tim hanging out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP8b2H77uqg

Yeah, I remember when Tim Allen was funny. It was before he started making really bad movies.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, I remember when Tim Allen was funny. It was before he started making really bad movies.

I liked that one where he was turning into santa

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/866100749167718400

LOL

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

That show also cost like a million dollars a minute.

Deadwood or John from Cincinnati? because I cannot imagine John from Cincinnati costing money to make

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alaois posted:

Deadwood or John from Cincinnati? because I cannot imagine John from Cincinnati costing money to make

I just assumed Deadwood but I am more than willing to get even angrier about this thing that I've been angry about for over a decade.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

sorry about the ducks tonight, Ross

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

a neat cape posted:

I liked that one where he was turning into santa

Which one?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Chilichimp posted:

firefly got one season.

good poo poo gets cancelled every year

I don't see the connection.

Real talk, My So-Called Life only got one season, and man is that some loving bullshit.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chilichimp posted:

firefly got one season.

Good.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

my favorite "got one season" show is Freaks and Geeks

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

remember the show VR5 on fox?

It used to come on right after x files.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
From: http://www.snopes.com/tim-allen-cancelled-political-views/

quote:

When television network ABC announced that they were canceling comedian Tim Allen’s popular sitcom Last Man Standing, many people — including the show’s star — were shocked. After all, it was the third most-watched scripted show on the network, behind Grey’s Anatomy and Modern Family, and received solid ratings:

Today I learned Grey's Anatomy is still on the air.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

What was their official reason?

Tim Allen is a legendary rear end in a top hat.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Reminder that Tim Allen is a narc

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Critic should still be on the air now.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ehud posted:

my favorite "got one season" show is Freaks and Geeks

Obligatory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxovVQvmJZY

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Hot Diggity! posted:

Reminder that Tim Allen is a narc

I mean if I were peddling felony amounts of coke I would totally roll over on my partners to get a slap on the wrist

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There was a bit during a Giant Bomb panel where they read excerpts from Tim Allen's book: Don't Stand Too Close to a Naked Man, and oh boy does that book wish it had a hundredth the talent of any Dave Barry article.

Also, anyone remember Dave Barry's sitcom starring Harry Anderson?

... oh wow, it got 4 seasons and was jussssttt short of syndication numbers, 98 episodes.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

It was good not great, already cost a fortune, and it was about to have to start paying even more due to run length.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

It was good not great, already cost a fortune, and it was about to have to start paying even more due to run length.

I was wondering if it was a syndication thing... but no, that show's had 6 seasons / 130 episodes already.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Speaking of Dave Barry and Tim Allen, I'll defend Big Trouble as a really fun film.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Who the gently caress still watches actual television that isn't sport? I don't think I've turned on my TV to watch something other than sport, stuff on my hard drive I've downloaded or netflix for about 4 years now.

Also I'm making a BLT for dinner because it's sunday and I'm lazy. Who puts cheese on their BLT? I asked two of my friends in group chat and got one "fuckin' oath" and one "gently caress that".

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Maybe Steve Bannon will have many positive experiences with Muslims and realize he was wrong and forego any machinations towards a Muslim registry or whatever.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

I don't know if they put out a statement or anything, but Vox did a write up: https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/5/12/15628038/last-man-standing-canceled-tim-allen

As far as I can tell, ABC needed to make room for American Idol, so it cancelled a show with good ratings that didn't give ABC quite as much money as it normally would, and I wouldn't be surprised if the pro-Trump connotations served as a tiebreaker.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Probably Magic posted:

Speaking of Dave Barry and Tim Allen, I'll defend Big Trouble as a really fun film.

Agreed. That was when I realized Johnny Knoxville can actually act and not just get hurt.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Tim Allen has never been funny.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
Dave Barry kicked rear end and it was unfortunate when his column left weekly syndication when I was like... 13? My parents were happy because he's a gosh durn liberal though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

Who the gently caress still watches actual television that isn't sport? I don't think I've turned on my TV to watch something other than sport, stuff on my hard drive I've downloaded or netflix for about 4 years now.

Also I'm making a BLT for dinner because it's sunday and I'm lazy. Who puts cheese on their BLT? I asked two of my friends in group chat and got one "fuckin' oath" and one "gently caress that".

Dumbass old people who like things like sitcoms about conservative shitheads and their opinions on gays and millenials.

• Locked thread