Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Fridged, huh?

I imagine people will react to this calmly and rationally. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That ending sucked, the season was overall good, but Jack did not ever need a romance story and it added nothing to the show for me. As far as finales go though, it's pretty okay except for how loving fast it moved jesus.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Oh Snapple! posted:

pretend i said that last post in carl's voice

I did. :)

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The Scotsman no longer exists. What a downer to go out on. :(

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
What is the TTGL ending?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

No, we definitely needed to know that Jack is a sexual being

Jack fucks

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

EagerSleeper posted:

What is the TTGL ending?

Main character's wife vanishes in the middle of their wedding

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
You think Jack will have trouble adjusting back to the past when he lived with creature comforts of alien tech?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

EagerSleeper posted:

What is the TTGL ending?

You just saw it. Except Jack doesn't become a hobo.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Captain Baal posted:

That ending sucked, the season was overall good, but Jack did not ever need a romance story and it added nothing to the show for me. As far as finales go though, it's pretty okay except for how loving fast it moved jesus.

We got a whole episode where Jack and Ashi figure out how to work a roomba before making out, we got the important bits

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

its not okay

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I was expecting it to end with a flash forward to the future without Aku and see all of Jack's friends living happy lives or something. Instead he just kind of left them and now they no longer exist anymore?

Also does Jack still not age? Or did going through the time portal fix that problem?

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Rhonne posted:

But what happened to the Scotsman!?

Celtic Magic can't protect you against time continuity.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

EagerSleeper posted:

What is the TTGL ending?

did you not watch it with the rest of us back in 2015?

they defeat the Anti-Spirals and save the universe, but they take massive casualties in the final battle, and Nia fades out of existence

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Goodnight, Sweet Samurai.

I mean, it's nigh impossible to have a good enough finale after all that waiting, in my opinion. I'm having a hard time thinking of a show that came back from that long of a hiatus and managed to deliver on all the promises, so....

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
RIP doggos, robot scientists, Atlantians, and ravers.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

EagerSleeper posted:

What is the TTGL ending?

The main character's love interest vanishes into light during their wedding because by defeating the big bad they erase her existence. I honestly hate that ending because it's transparently contrived to gently caress with the audience and this was probably better-executed even if I cared about the characters less.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Captain Baal posted:

It needed to happen so there'd be stakes--some reason for Jack to stay in the future or not just undo everything. But then they didn't do anything with that and went TTGL on the ending which kind of defeated the purpose

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Fridged, huh?

I imagine people will react to this calmly and rationally. :allears:

retroactively removed from existence, totally different :colbert:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Maybe we will get a sequel years later again after Aku escapes again and can smite the world with his evil again.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

You're gonna carry that weight.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Honestly this was a fitting finale and was a good fun episode.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Anyway Dragonball time.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
It wasn't a perfect final season but I enjoyed the majority of it and I'm glad to see my boy Jack finally make it back to the past. He lost the lady that he loved for like three episodes but at least Aku is dead

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Probably Magic posted:

Goodnight, Sweet Samurai.

I mean, it's nigh impossible to have a good enough finale after all that waiting, in my opinion. I'm having a hard time thinking of a show that came back from that long of a hiatus and managed to deliver on all the promises, so....

I feel like there's a difference between unsatisfying ending and what we ultimately got. Like, they just decided to give one last middle finger to anyone that actually cared about the romance.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
you know, if you're gonna crib the ending of Gurren Lagann, i feel like you HAVE to do it in such a way as to court controversy and people saying it sucked/was unsatisfying, 'cause otherwise you're not really cribbing from GL, are you?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And now for a good episode of Super!!!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TheChirurgeon posted:

It needed to happen so there'd be stakes--some reason for Jack to stay in the future or not just undo everything. But then they didn't do anything with that and went TTGL on the ending which kind of defeated the purpose

The reason to stay could have just been all the friends Jack made along the way who were willing to throw their lives away for him, but nope, they don't exist anymore I guess.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

And now for a good episode of Super!!!

i don't believe you

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Probably Magic posted:

i don't believe you

Super is actually good from here on out and gets even better after this arc.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

if ashi fades away shouldn't jack return to the future

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I finally understand the purpose of S5 Episodes 8 and 9. IT was to set Tumblr up for that ending.

Genndy, I'm sorry I ever doubted you.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Probably Magic posted:

i don't believe you

Super has been good for like the last month

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Welcome to Hell.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Anyway, here's FURIZA FURIZA FURIZA HADOU OONA GALAXY

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

i don't believe you

you're right to do so

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Super is actually good from here on out and gets even better after this arc.

I was under the impression it didn't get better until after the Frieza arc, but what would I know.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Momomo posted:

I feel like there's a difference between unsatisfying ending and what we ultimately got. Like, they just decided to give one last middle finger to anyone that actually cared about the romance.
Yeah, they could have given a schlocky happy ending for the heck of it and I would have been a mark and been ok with it, but instead its a downer ending because it's "art", and the Strong Female Character they put a massive amount of time on this season dies abruptly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

What the gently caress is this?

• Locked thread