Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Are your friends all really bad?

They are goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Tender Bender posted:

Tbh I would like to know just so I don't feel bad inviting goons to play with me.

Any tips on playing Rag? I tried him out and his moveset seems really fun but I felt ineffective and died a lot. Any melee assassin tips in general would be cool, I've mainly played Muradin/Zarya/Uther so far, so a guy that can't take hits is something I seem to be having trouble with.

Get Thrall.

Win.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Toshimo posted:

They are goons.

looks in mirror

Looks like I was the goons all along

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
I've been playing with a newbie Overwatch friend who honestly was better than some goons I've played with

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.
I'm not a pro at melee assassins by any means, but I feel the most important thing is to know when it's safe to go in and deal damage. Since you're not a tank, taking a bad engagement usually means that you'll die.
Melee assassins with good poke, like thrall with chain lightning build and ragnaros with living meteor build are ways to get used to the playstyle.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

lmao playing alarak and getting set against a murky is the funniest loving thing, I was at 198% Sadism by match end and doing about 1500 per Q

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Murky inspires sadism, sounds about right.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
My friends tend to not pick any characters with CC and then we get crushed in team fights when we run into groups that do. What character do I pick to bring the most CC possible?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Anub'arak, probably. Two stuns and a cocoon

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Sindai posted:

My friends tend to not pick any characters with CC and then we get crushed in team fights when we run into groups that do. What character do I pick to bring the most CC possible?

Muradin with Skullcracker, Haymaker, and Heavy Impact. You would have stuns on your autos, Q, E, and R, and an attack speed/movement speed slow on your W. And Rewind on 20 for even more hilarity.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Poultron posted:

I've been playing with a newbie Overwatch friend who honestly was better than some goons I've played with

I had some level20-25 Johanna in my random QM party for a few games who knew exactly what to do all the time and gave very detailed pings throughout the games. Do people have second accounts in this or something?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kashuno posted:

Dva can be powerful but she is so incredibly boring.

She's not boring at all if you like to imagine what the enemy team is typing in allied chat.

Big Shot is cool but I spend almost no time outside of the mech which makes it hard to justify getting over Bunny Hop.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Bolivar posted:

I had some level20-25 Johanna in my random QM party for a few games who knew exactly what to do all the time and gave very detailed pings throughout the games. Do people have second accounts in this or something?

Does Heroes of the Storm cost you money to play?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Some people make secondary accounts and play with their friends for the recruit-a-friend bonuses and stuff. And if you move from one server (US vs Europe vs Asia etc) to the other your level doesn't carry over, so could be a friend playing with their buds on another continent or something.

e: Also smurfing ranked exists I guess

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I created smurfs for the recruit-a-friend vulture mount. I still use those smurf accounts to buy new heroes and try them out. Could be that!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

:psyduck: I don't know how this happened

It was an absolute stomp. The game only took about 10 minutes.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

exquisite tea posted:

She's not boring at all if you like to imagine what the enemy team is typing in allied chat.

She's not boring at all if you actively use the dance, taunt, voiceline, and spray.

signalnoise fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 21, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Also I'm glad that the game gives me skin options so that I can make Thrall a good character (his hellhammer skins) and not a lovely character (any of this base, world shaman or earthbreaker skins)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hoodie Thrall is good, though the recolors suck.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Yeah, Master Skin Thrall is the only Master Skin i bought pre-2.0 because the original color hoodie is cool

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Maghar Thrall is the only acceptable Thrall.

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

I prefer a dead thrall.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
4 dumhamer

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
The official good master skins list:

ETC
Anub
Chromie
Lost Vikings
Murky
Xul
Muradin
Jaina
Auriel
Cho'gall
Greymane
Ragnoras

The list has concluded, please return to your business.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Nova's is good for the holo-ponytail.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I found an error in your list, it doesn't contain Stitches, Tracer, or Morales

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

chumbler posted:

Hoodie Thrall is good, though the recolors suck.

Umm no, Akuma Thrall is actually awesome

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

exquisite tea posted:

Big Shot is cool but I spend almost no time outside of the mech which makes it hard to justify getting over Bunny Hop.

It depends on enemy comp. Some are really good at zoning the mech out or shredding it, that's when I take big shot.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
So apparently they've fixed the weird thing everyone complained about where a character that fills 2 roles won't count as a tank in matchmaker. That's right, they finally fixed Uther and count him as a tank for balancing teams :downs:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Semper Fudge posted:

ETC
Anub
Chromie
Lost Vikings
Murky
Xul
Muradin
Jaina
Auriel
Cho'gall
Greymane
Ragnoras

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.

Semper Fudge posted:

ETC
Anub
Chromie
Lost Vikings
Murky
Xul
Muradin
Jaina
Auriel
Cho'gall
Greymane
Ragnoras

Rehgar's master skin is pretty good as well. And it alters his wolf form!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

God Alarak is such a sassy bastard and he's so fun to play, I love him :allears:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm annoyed that they took a versatile and good toolset and gave it to Varian, one of the most boring and generic characters there are. Should've made him Garrosh or Lothar or something.

Also there aren't any Draenei, what's up with that? As far as I can tell Draenei and Priests are the only playable WoW race and class that aren't represented; Maybe they'll add Velen eventually to fill both gaps (Tyrande is technically a priestess but she's more Night Elf Magic, really).

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Tender Bender posted:

Also there aren't any Draenei, what's up with that?

I know right??!?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

In what loving universe is this matchmaking acceptable

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Tender Bender posted:

Also there aren't any Draenei, what's up with that?

Nerds aren't lining up to gently caress a Goatman. So we get D.Va and Cassia.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Speak for yourself.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.

Toshimo posted:

Nerds aren't lining up to gently caress a Goatman.

Uhhhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Toshimo posted:

Nerds aren't lining up to gently caress a Goatman. So we get D.Va and Cassia.

Clearly you've never heard of Moon Guard.