Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Selachian posted:

I'm not sure why the Star Wars stuff, other than "Bell is a Gen Xer."

Because Ailes was a grotesque rapey blob like Jabba.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

my friend drew this and I (hopefully accurately) thought the thread might enjoy seeing it

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

my friend drew this and I (hopefully accurately) thought the thread might enjoy seeing it

please tell your friend to continue drawing.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

Incredible

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

FishBulb posted:

Yeah I'd really like it if someone could explain that one

The charges against Trump are merely innuendo, not real proof. Thus, their case against him is full of holes, like Swiss cheese.

Also they are gay gay gay men who like bondage, so Trump is not taking them seriously.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Also, Lester draws cheese with holes like Swiss and yellow like cheddar.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Hmm, yes, only Lester does this.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

xthetenth posted:

Also, Lester draws cheese with holes like Swiss and yellow like cheddar.

this has been cartoon convention since at least looney tunes

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Also they are gay gay gay men who like bondage, so Trump is not taking them seriously.

Do you think Lester and McCoy ever meet in a hotel room wearing tutus and bondage gear?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Does the trump stump in your friend's picture have three vulvas?

This is good poo poo.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Potato Salad posted:

Does the trump stump in your friend's picture have three vulvas?

This is good poo poo.

i took that to be a manly six pack but your interpretation is good too

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
He's already made it longer than I expected without insulting the Saudi royal family Frank Drebin style so good job I guess?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 21, 2017

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Dear Lord, if I must continue to live in this world then I implore you, grant me the spectacle of the Republicans trying to work out how to get Trump out of office without Congress voting to remove him because there's no way in hell he willingly resigns. I suggest a trail of krugerrands leading to a catapult. It worked for that coyote didn't it?

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
How long did it take for liberal cartoonists to stop complaining about Bush after Obama was inaugurated? I am guessing immediately, because they could actually defend and commend the sitting president rather than just bash his predecessor. (Has Ramirez drawn Wormbama more than Trump after January 20?)

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Pakled posted:

I was googling around searching for it when I found this

AGC

Lucky for that little donkey that his grandpa wasn't a huge idiot.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Lol no. I'm pretty sure Rall still blames Bush and Reagan for everything when he isn't ranting about the purple man and his drones. "Well, Bush started it" was pretty much the go to line of defense for the shittier parts of Obama's foreign policy.

raspurtin
Apr 18, 2005

Trapezium Dave posted:

David Rowe's last few cartoons:

speaking of nsfw poo poo, why is Trump naked so many cartoons? The Brits especially like to draw fat flabby naked Trump. Is it just the "emperor has no clothes" thing?

And in the last one why the hell is Trump wearing high heels?

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

pap schmear posted:

speaking of nsfw poo poo, why is Trump naked so many cartoons? The Brits especially like to draw fat flabby naked Trump. Is it just the "emperor has no clothes" thing?

Those brits got newspapers with titties on page 3!

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

They seem more direct about their charactures, one of the UK cartoonists used to draw David Cameron as a literal condom head.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Duckbag posted:

Lol no. I'm pretty sure Rall still blames Bush and Reagan for everything when he isn't ranting about the purple man and his drones. "Well, Bush started it" was pretty much the go to line of defense for the shittier parts of Obama's foreign policy.

What are you talking about, Rall shits on Obama and Hillary constantly. In fact any time something about Bush or Trump comes up he just pulls out some garbage Whataboutism so he can make sure to insult the democrats too.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Uhhhh. Rall shits on the center left way more often than he so much as tut-tuts the right. For the first four months I followed this thread, I was dead sure he was a gop cartoonist.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Potato Salad posted:

Uhhhh. Rall shits on the center left way more often than he so much as tut-tuts the right. For the first four months I followed this thread, I was dead sure he was a gop cartoonist.

He basically is but he's one of those americans that thinks he's left wing because he disagrees with the Republicans once or twice a year.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Edible Hat posted:

How long did it take for liberal cartoonists to stop complaining about Bush after Obama was inaugurated? I am guessing immediately, because they could actually defend and commend the sitting president rather than just bash his predecessor. (Has Ramirez drawn Wormbama more than Trump after January 20?)

I'm also going to throw the "wow we actually have something to look forward to over the next four years" honeymoon period out there as a compelling reason why they may have moved on ASAP

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Rall disagrees with everyone that isn't Ted Rall.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Internet Kraken posted:

Rall disagrees with everyone that isn't Ted Rall.

Hey now, he also agrees with the Russians for reasons totally unrelated to them paying him.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

What are you talking about, Rall shits on Obama and Hillary constantly. In fact any time something about Bush or Trump comes up he just pulls out some garbage Whataboutism so he can make sure to insult the democrats too.

I'm quite positive I saw Ted's horrible "Generalissimo El Busho" or whatever the gently caress he called him dozens if not hundreds of times over the last few years. He deffo likes making GBS threads all over our first purple president too, but Rall's MO is mindless contempt for anyone and everyone (seriously, has he ever had a positive message?).

His scorn for Republicans is especially palpable. His Democrats​ are sellouts, hacks, and bastards, but with Republicans they're basically just drooling retards. I think he's one of those lefties who's so busy attacking the impure on his side that Republicans aren't even worthy of his contempt most of the time.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Duckbag posted:

His scorn for Republicans is especially palpable.

Again, I genuinely don't know what you're talking about, unless you're counting Ralls from the distant past.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

pap schmear posted:

Note the cloak he wears in pretty much all of them, it's definitely an "Emperor has no clothes" thing.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

....what the gently caress?

No, seriously, what the gently caress even is this? Leather daddy reporters want to kill Trump with innuendo and cheese...?

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It would make perfect sense if you weren't a libtard. (What does it mean? Why a cheese guillotine? Why the S&M getup?)

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

pap schmear posted:

they're leopard print heels which is UK cartoon code for theresa may

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013
I think the era of Facebook comment sections has definitively proven that people weren't assholes because they were anonymous, they were assholes because they had an audience.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Deport The Irish posted:

I think the era of Facebook comment sections has definitively proven that people weren't assholes because they were anonymous, they were assholes because they had an audience.

Thanks.

And idiots still think is anonymity that make people assholes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Nowhere in that comic does it say anonymity is the reason people are horrible on the internet.

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Nowhere in that comic does it say anonymity is the reason people are horrible on the internet.

Reread the first panel.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I guess it's more the feeling of anonymity of not seeing your opponent's face than actual lack of names and stuff.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The anonymity doesn't make people assholes. It just lets assholes be assholes in a place where nobody will hit them with a brick for being a tremendous rear end in a top hat in a very, very public way where they can be potentially seen by every human alive.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I guess it's more the feeling of anonymity of not seeing your opponent's face than actual lack of names and stuff.

I have read anecdotes about "aunt post in facebook that abortion is bad, and people aborting are monsters. wife had a abortion because health problems that killed the fetus and feels superbad. husband warn about it to the aunt. aunt proceed to continue (ooppsie!) posting these anti abortion posts, because she is a stupid and a rear end in a top hat."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Actual anonymity helps these assholes actually send out threats, but for the rest of the regular harassment is done by people who may as well be anonymous because nothing is going to really happen to them in response.

But if there's anything I learned is that the assholes might just be the majority in our society, so it doesn't matter anyway.

• Locked thread