Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Kurui Reiten posted:

Isn't the thing about the ritual also that it takes longer the more power you have to unlock? Or was that a mistranslation and it's always about 25 hours?

It did take longer than expected for Gohan, it was supposed to only take 25 hours total when Elder Kai started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it is actually super depressing that there apparently isn't a single strong mortal in universe 10

Imagine being part of an entire multiverse effectively built around facilitating martial arts superpowers and your strongest non-God of Destruction native life form was a Kaioshin apprentice

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I'm glad the angels probably won't die with their universes, because I'm pretty sure every angel so far outside of The Worst Universe's has been more endearing that either of their gods.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm hype for Tsundere Saiyan and Yandere Saiyan, I'm hype for Reverse Transformation Magical Girl, I'm hype for Protein Pals and I'm hype for doggo universe getting super hosed.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

lezard_valeth posted:

Just finished reading Super Manga 24.

It looks like Toyotaro is really gonna achieve the impossible and fix Zamasu's arc ending by making the manga's ending incredibly stupid and terrible thus vindicating the anime's.

At least in the anime Trunk asspulled a Genkidama that gave him a pyrrhic victory in what was supposed to be his arc.

Here, Trunks asspulled healing powers so that Goku could continue being the super l33t times 1000 4ever and kick Fused Zamasu's rear end

This is worse than fanfic level of bad

Every time I hear anything about the manga like this I just shake my head.

At least Trunks got to win in the anime. It lasted for 30 seconds, but he got to actually achieve something before the multiverse corrected itself, as it always does whenever Future Trunks achieves something.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I liked RiBrianne because because they didn't give her the anime trope fat lady personality/voice. She just gets huge and acquires a deadly love beam.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i hope toriyama sees what a loving loser meganerd toyotaro is being and is making dbs weirder and weirder just to gently caress with him?

toyotaro will just shamelessly make goku curbstomp all other 70 fighters rather than write an interesting fight involving RiBrianne

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I think Yamcha and Oolong shamefully watching Roshi try to 'puff-puff' Puar in a shack might be the lowest point in any of their lives

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Lampshading plot holes is bad writing.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Condiv posted:

i hope toriyama sees what a loving loser meganerd toyotaro is being and is making dbs weirder and weirder just to gently caress with him?

Toriyama has more direct influence over the comic book, though. How would this work?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

sassassin posted:

Toriyama has more direct influence over the comic book, though. How would this work?

i doubt toriyama told toyotaro to make trunks have healing powers and have goku defeat zamasu.

god toyotaro has screwed up every part of the goku black arc.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The manga sounds real bad.

Also I'm glad we're almost at the lady super saiyan factory.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Master Roshi is seeking help.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

multijoe posted:

I think Yamcha and Oolong shamefully watching Roshi try to 'puff-puff' Puar in a shack might be the lowest point in any of their lives

For oolong definitely

Not yamcha though.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Condiv posted:

i doubt toriyama told toyotaro to make trunks have healing powers and have goku defeat zamasu.

He has even less influence over the show, which works on tighter deadlines and more complex stages of production.

If you like what Super is doing more than the comic book, praise Toei's directors for it, not Toriyama. Both they and Toyotaro get the same story treatments from Toriyama.

mabels big day posted:

Master Roshi is seeking help.

Master Roshi lies. He raped Oolong, and wants to do the same to Puar.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Caulifla was in two episodes, and goes super in the third. RIP GT Pan.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Rigged Death Trap posted:

For oolong definitely

Not yamcha though.

Oolong actually did it in Dragon Ball while in Bulma form. He'll never forget that especially since that was when Roshi was allowed to nosebleed.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

roshi's gonna fight ribrianne isn't he

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

After the Tien recruitment episode thats probably the best way to deal with Roshi. Not sure I like the execution though :shrug:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

sassassin posted:

He has even less influence over the show, which works on tighter deadlines and more complex stages of production.

If you like what Super is doing more than the comic book, praise Toei's directors for it, not Toriyama. Both they and Toyotaro get the same story treatments from Toriyama.

I dunno about that, Whis' or Kaiohshin's shoehorned explanations in the manga are pretty much the opposite of Toriyama's style in my opinion.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Master Roshi is asking for help and we all need to support him in these times.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blockhouse posted:

it is actually super depressing that there apparently isn't a single strong mortal in universe 10

Imagine being part of an entire multiverse effectively built around facilitating martial arts superpowers and your strongest non-God of Destruction native life form was a Kaioshin apprentice

Universe 10 isn't ranked at the bottom so they must have something there.

Also I don't think a dance video where everyone, but two people are wearing cloaks is going to bring in views. Unsubscribed.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't think universe 10 has nobody strong. it's just that the elephant god is a huge broly fan and only recruited people that were swole enough

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't think universe 10 has nobody strong. it's just that the elephant god is a huge broly fan and only recruited people that were swole enough

In my head, I can't leave the thought behind that everybody represents someone on the animation staff, and elephant guy also happens to be the designer of Broly and this is a joke at his expense.

Actually, that is probably exactly what is the case.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this was a really good episode, gotta love the idol universe; U9 being a shithole was interesting to see too

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

It seems like a pretty targeted rejection/commentary on power levels as a whole. They can all bench a planet but they're going to fight like total morons and lose to much lesser power levelled fighters. Like to Tien probably.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

mabels big day posted:

Master Roshi is asking for help and we all need to support him in these times.

yeah... help with RAPE

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Carlosologist posted:

this was a really good episode, gotta love the idol universe; U9 being a shithole was interesting to see too

I actually felt bad for U9, everyone has this sense of terrified desperation as they can see their end inevitably marching towards them. They know they're hosed and even the angel can't deal with it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This was a dope-rear end episode, nothing could possibly negate how good it is.

Except reading the manga, that did the job.
You know how the anime has that silly SSBKKX10?! Well look at how informed I am! Here's a retread of Goku mastering SSJ from the Cell Saga! Also Trunks can heal because of super esoteric bs i cooked and Vegeta being inside Vegitto made him realize Goku is strongest.

It's like grabbing all the flaws the anime version had and extending them. At least the anime had Father Son Garlic Gun before giving Goku a big thing.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Krillin is going to win the tournament, Tien will be eliminated first, I will laugh.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Petiso posted:

I dunno about that, Whis' or Kaiohshin's shoehorned explanations in the manga are pretty much the opposite of Toriyama's style in my opinion.

They've explained the process in interviews. Toyotaro gets some back and forth input from Toriyama after the initial outline. Toei doesn't.

A lot of things in the comic book will be pure Toyotaro, but less than the show. Its directors don't/can't have the same level of consultation on their decisions.

This last episode was all shoehorned explanations and references/memery, which I agree is the opposite of Toriyama's style.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Toyotaro gets mostly art and humor tips from Toriyama, though, from interviews. He just goes and says "make this funny thing happen." For the actual main plot, both the show and manga go their own ways off of notes.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Darko posted:

Toyotaro gets mostly art and humor tips from Toriyama, though, from interviews. He just goes and says "make this funny thing happen."

Which is more than Toei gets. The idea that Toriyama might be "making dbs weirder and weirder just to gently caress with" Toyotaro makes no sense.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
stop saying toriyama is loving with toyotaro and say toei is doing it, problem solved (by which i mean sassassin will stop complaining about that specific thing)

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The thing is that up till Future Trunks' arc, DBS was the Goku and Vegeta show.

Toyotaro made it the Goku and Goku show. In his mind Goku >>>>> Vegito

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm a bit curious to see how the manga is gonna approach this current arc, since so far it's been "all these guys - except Tien lol - can punch above their weight in this ruleset".

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's going to be "all these guys - except Vegeta Briefs, Gohan, Piccolo, Kuririn, Jinzo Ningen Jyu Hachi Go, Cyborg 17, Kame Roshi, Tien and Buu's replacement - can punch above their weight in this ruleset."

if you don't want to figure out the poo poo pedantic joke it means goku wins

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It's going to be "gently caress these guys, here's how Goku and Super Saiyan Blue react to this arc now"

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Nah, Toyotaro's just gonna reuse the tournament format from the U6/U7 match and have Goku fight everyone one by one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

This tournament should have Cell Game rules with Goku at the helm since it was his idea anyway

• Locked thread