Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Additionally, in my quest for Good Gaming Experiences, I always turn ON subtitles for all games and turn OFF vibrations at the account level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Chomp8645 posted:

Additionally, in my quest for Good Gaming Experiences, I always turn ON subtitles for all games and turn OFF vibrations at the account level.

I turn subtitles on too but mostly because I hate missing any single line of the incredibly well written dialogue that video games are known for

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Whom the gently caress doesn't put subtitles on when given the option. Uhh yeah I'd like to not necessarily know what the characters are saying in the cutscenes please. That's completely counterintuitive, like pulling down on a flight stick to make the plane go up

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I usually have games muted so I put the subtitles on to follow the paltry stories and quirky phrases, can't stand most videogame sounds and music tbqh

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

2house2fly posted:

Whomst the gently caress doesn't put subtitles on when given the option. Uhh yeah I'd like to not necessarily know what the characters are saying in the cutscenes please. That's completely counterintuitive, like pulling down on a flight stick to make the plane go up

I like having them off most of the time (depends on the game a lot) cause I find my eyes are drawn down there during cutscenes and I miss what's going on sometgimes. I think I like having them on 100% of the time if it's a fully voiced RPG like mass effect where I really need to pay attention to terms and poo poo when choosing dialogue options

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Vulture Culture posted:

look, it's the guy who really loving likes cliff racers

everyone who has ever complained about cliff racers is a huge wuss

Through The Decade
Mar 3, 2010

BANANA?!?!?

I like Nintendo because they at least try doing something unique at the start of each console generation. Sometimes it blows up in their face or goes mostly unused or ends up being remembered poorly (like the n64 controller) but at least they approached the same old thing from a different angle for once. It could be three years from now the Switch will be remembered as the biggest misstep in gaming history and I won't give a poo poo.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

2house2fly posted:

Whom the gently caress doesn't put subtitles on when given the option. Uhh yeah I'd like to not necessarily know what the characters are saying in the cutscenes please. That's completely counterintuitive, like pulling down on a flight stick to make the plane go up

I skip cutscenes. If I want story I'll watch a movie or TV show.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

food court bailiff posted:

everyone who has ever complained about cliff racers is a huge wuss

Even if you equip the savior's hide and use the boots of blinding speed they can still catch you. They are the most goddamned annoying thing and I've gone into dungeons where death was likely just to avoid them.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Handheld consoles are the light and the way and Sony giving up on them saddens me because the Vita and PSP are the best ever

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
I'm glad Custer got his revenge.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
fallout 3 was good with some mods and imagination

fallout new vegas was never good under any circumstances

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Half Minute Hero is the best RPG ever

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Handheld consoles are the light and the way and Sony giving up on them saddens me because the Vita and PSP are the best ever

the vita is insanely good and if it wasn't for the call of duty game that sony pushed in the commercials being so bad that the company that made it needed to change its name it would have been a huge powerhouse handheld

the proprietary memory cards shoulda been included too, or, better yet, it shoulda used SD cards

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

food court bailiff posted:

the vita is insanely good and if it wasn't for the call of duty game that sony pushed in the commercials being so bad that the company that made it needed to change its name it would have been a huge powerhouse handheld

the proprietary memory cards shoulda been included too, or, better yet, it shoulda used SD cards

Proprietary memory is the stupidest thing but like most of the design decisions for the Vita it stemmed from not wanting people to be able to hack it as easily

But now it's hacked so suck it Sony

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Mr. Unlucky posted:

fallout 3 was good with some mods and imagination

fallout new vegas was never good under any circumstances

This isn't unpopular, it's just wrong.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Proprietary memory is the stupidest thing but like most of the design decisions for the Vita it stemmed from not wanting people to be able to hack it as easily

But now it's hacked so suck it Sony

Proprietary memory is the only correct kind of memory

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Proprietary memory is the only correct kind of memory

Fuckin wrong, SD cards forever

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
You know what I enjoy is paying way too much money to store my digital games because only one company makes the poo poo

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Fuckin wrong, SD cards forever

Too slow and easy to pirate

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Too slow and easy to pirate

Thanks Uncle Sony

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
SD cards are the sign of piracy cries a man in a year where the 3ds exists

Vakal
May 11, 2008

SpaceClown posted:

nah, racing games with powerups and explosives are for shortminded children.

Split Second let you drop airplanes on the guys behind you.

https://youtu.be/vk-AL3tEEO4?t=141

I'm legit sad that game never got a sequel.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 21, 2017

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Yeah, proprietary memory cards suck, bu the vita was still a great system. I'd take a vita over a 3DS any day of the week.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Horizon zero dawn kind of sucks aside from the nice graphics.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Toejam and Earl was awful. Slow, ugly, and full of cheeseball music made worse by the Genesis' horrible sound chip.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i tried playing The Misadventures of Tron Bonne today for the first time. let me just say, that game has not aged well.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Mirage posted:

Toejam and Earl was awful. Slow, ugly, and full of cheeseball music made worse by the Genesis' horrible sound chip.

The last genesis game that didn't have its music ruined by trying to do bass or voice samples or other poo poo the Genesis can't do was Sonic 2. I mean there were a few good tunes here and there, but even Thunder force 4 mostly sucked.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

plape tickler posted:

Horizon zero dawn kind of sucks aside from the nice graphics.

Agreed.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
almost all of the current gen's first-party games suck

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I never gave a gently caress about horizon zero dawn despite owning a ps4 but I was super stoked for ReCore after last year's e3 gameplay demo with the awesome music :negative:

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I also have to agree that Fallout New Vegas wasn't very good.

What I like about games like that is exploring the wasteland and FNV had such an incredibly boring world to explore. I also disliked all the factions in the game. I really don't understand why some people like it so much. About halfway into the game I started cheating just to get over it. I sided with the robot guy and then the game just kind of ended. It was very dull

Fallout 3 wasn't very good either but I did enjoy exploring its wasteland a lot more. Granted, I did play the game with all the DLC so it had a lot of content in it... But delving into the subway in Fallout 3 and finding some room with a few cool notes and then fighting firebreathing ants was cooler than anything in New Vegas

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

all the fallout games suck. no exceptions.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Bulletstorm is a trillion times more fun than Gears of War.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
There's no such thing as a "good" JRPG, and the fact that people play instalment after instalment of the same garbage is a damning indictment on all humanity

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Doom 3 was trash

The gun sounds are some of the worst I've ever heard, the gameplay was poo poo. Since the game basically had no story and no interesting level design either, there wasn't much left to enjoy about it

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
the only racing games worth a drat: Road Rash 2 and Wipeout 2097

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The last 4 Gran Turismo ganes failed to live up to the potential established by the first 2

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I bought the original bulletstorm, and would love to play it, but it's Windows Live automatic on even in single player, and Windows Live doesn't exist anymore. None of the workarounds seem to work for me, though admittedly I didn't try very hard and just moved on to one of the other dozens of games I bought but have't played yet.

Oh and instead of patching it out like all the other Windows Live games did, they left it in and will graciously let you pay $60 to buy and unfucked version of the game.

Thanks, Epic Games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamtaro
Oct 7, 2008

Bioshaq Infinity is a barely playabl disaster and for some reason people keep putting it on GOAT lists