Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Are there any dancers in this game? If not, yeah I'll give the Boots to Celica.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Silver Falcon posted:

Are there any dancers in this game? If not, yeah I'll give the Boots to Celica.

Faye has a saint spell that renews a term but it's late game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Python did the ONE goddamn useful thing which is that Delthea attacked him, he counterattacked to put her at one HP so she can't do anything.

Good job, Python.

By the way, what the gently caress are you supposed to do to reliably not kill her, because that only happened because Python is literally my worst unit

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Tae posted:

Python did the ONE goddamn useful thing which is that Delthea attacked him, he counterattacked to put her at one HP so she can't do anything.

Good job, Python.

By the way, what the gently caress are you supposed to do to reliably not kill her, because that only happened because Python is literally my worst unit

Alm's Royal Sword gives him a skill that will leave enemies at 1 health. Whack her with that and she is useless for the rest of the battle.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

She didn't teleport to me during the first three turns, at which point the boss was dead and it was cleanup. :shrug:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Terper posted:

She didn't teleport to me during the first three turns, at which point the boss was dead and it was cleanup. :shrug:

That's the most annoying part is that teleportation is literally random. Delthea teleport+attacked on the FIRST turn.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Yeah, i really hate witches. And deserts. But mostly witches.

why does Celica have only 1 Mov in the sand when every other mobile unit has 2 except valdar, that is incredibly dumb

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Apparently when you kill a cantor all their little zombie pals go away

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Are there any obvious choices for items I should trade between armies with the merchant?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Andrast posted:

Are there any obvious choices for items I should trade between armies with the merchant?

The Blessed Lance should go to Celica, because she fights way more Terrors than Alm.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

The Blessed Lance should go to Celica, because she fights way more Terrors than Alm.

Kind of a waste because she has so many more tools for taking on terrors with the whitewings, mages, herself, and the saints. And you already have access to a blessed sword.

If anything, Alm needs it more because he only has Clair and way less mages.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Send the Rion Shield to Alm so he can do a sidequest.

I sent the Levin Sword to Celica since she gets a fuckton of sword units and some were worse than Alm's sword dudes for me so they could use it better.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

By the end of Act 3 Celica's team will be swimming in Brave and Silver and other magical artifacts while Alm barely has enough to outfit himself.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Made it to the start of Chapter 2. Who should get dibs on these Speed/Attack springs in the Priory passageway at the start?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I just ran into that Lima Armlet fucker with Alm's army. Miserable bastard burned through 3 uses of Mila's Turnwheel because everybody except Tobin with Curved Shot had ~60% hitrate on him and he could double and kill anyone except Lukas- who he would leave with 5 HP. As it is Clive still took a dirt nap, even with the Iron Shield equipped. Thank gently caress I'm playing on Casual because I don't know how I could have managed that without losing anybody.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

W.T. Fits posted:

Made it to the start of Chapter 2. Who should get dibs on these Speed/Attack springs in the Priory passageway at the start?

The Speed is pretty useful on Boey, because he has trouble not getting doubled by most of the enemies.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Speed is the most important stat because being doubled is really bad and power is more than made up through weapon skills and general pelting through long range attacks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If you want to use Boey, feed him all 3 speed boosts.

If you don't mind having him be a fifth-stringer, 2 attack 1 speed lets Celica orko a lot of the pirates.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Boey is good for setting up kills for weaker units if nothing else. And he gets enough defense that he's incredibly useful as part of your frontline, especially if you give him a shield.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

What is this loving bullshit map with THREE conjurers

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Just send your Falcon Knights up north to assassinate them.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I've always been terrible about specing characters in RPGs. Is it better to give fountain drink points to a character who's got low points in that stat, or someone who has a lot of points in that stat?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

how do learned spells work if theyre after the promotion level
do they still learn it as sage eventually or is it gone forever

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

I've always been terrible about specing characters in RPGs. Is it better to give fountain drink points to a character who's got low points in that stat, or someone who has a lot of points in that stat?
Low. Stats in Echoes are low anyway, so if a unit has a lot of defense one more point is redundant, but if they have low defense one more point can be the difference between life and death.

RME posted:

how do learned spells work if theyre after the promotion level
do they still learn it as sage eventually or is it gone forever
they learn them as a sage

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

patch up holes in stats, generally
especially if its a stat theyre actually going to use

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Dread Fighters make Celica's entire Act 4 ridiculously easy. I know they're all I talk about but I can't help it, I love Dread Fighters so much.

Also Atlas is stupid good with the Blessed Sword.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Kliff is my best unit as a mercenary. Holy moly. So far he's +3 Atk, +5 Skl, +6 Spd, +9 Luck, +4 Def, +6 Res over Gray. His Rating is 136, the highest in both armies.

loving loving Clive and Mathilda's supports.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I'm really liking the preparations music for both heroes, holy poo poo. Anyone know if they're original tracks for this game or remixes from Gaiden?

Also, couple gameplay questions:
1. Does the Turnwheel fully replenish after every battle? I haven't used it much yet in case I might need it later. Also, do Cogs increase the max uses or just give you one extra use on top of the usual three that disappears afterwards?
2. Is there any penalty to a unit hitting :( fatigue in the middle of a battle? So far I've only ever seen it take effect after a battle ends.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Is the warning tablet in Sylvan Shrine abut needing to be powerful just for show or is that something I should come back to a bit later in the game?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Starsnostars posted:

Is the warning tablet in Sylvan Shrine abut needing to be powerful just for show or is that something I should come back to a bit later in the game?
There's a mob of gargoyles. They're not TOO bad if you have some tanky units, but they can be rough. Not, like, something you can't handle right now though, just a pretty tough fight.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Starsnostars posted:

A swarm of gargoyles are there and unless you're promoted to 2nd tier, they will double all your party.

The trick is to attack them one by one in their cages before opening the treasure chest at the end.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

The trick is to attack them one by one in their cages before opening the treasure chest at the end.
iunno why i didnt think of that.

Oh, also, people are starting to get to act 4, so protip: after you open the gate on Celica's side, be sure to go down into the second basement and explore. There's an experience fountain and an attack fountain that are separate from each other, and also Nomah's down there for you to recruit and is super easy to miss.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I just grabbed the treasure and ran out before they could fight me

RME
Feb 20, 2012

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I'm really liking the preparations music for both heroes, holy poo poo. Anyone know if they're original tracks for this game or remixes from Gaiden?

Also, couple gameplay questions:
1. Does the Turnwheel fully replenish after every battle? I haven't used it much yet in case I might need it later. Also, do Cogs increase the max uses or just give you one extra use on top of the usual three that disappears afterwards?
2. Is there any penalty to a unit hitting :( fatigue in the middle of a battle? So far I've only ever seen it take effect after a battle ends.

Turnwheel replenishes every battle except in dungeons, where you keep it for the dungeon (you can reset it at the statues tho)
Fatigue only matters in dungeons I believe

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Promotions are done via statues yes? Just downloaded the game now, happy that Alm no longer looks like a blockhead

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Carlosologist posted:

Promotions are done via statues yes? Just downloaded the game now, happy that Alm no longer looks like a blockhead
statues in dungeons and you should promote as soon as possible

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

For the villagers, you can make them pretty much whatever and manage right?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Carlosologist posted:

For the villagers, you can make them pretty much whatever and manage right?
Yes, the game isn't hard enough and you get enough other good units that you can make them whatever and be fine. The only way your choices could make things significantly harder is if you did something dumb like make them all mages.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I dunno why, but for some reason, I find Faye's obsession with Alm to be way creepier than Tharja's obsession with the Avatar in Awakening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

faye is a good girl

• Locked thread