Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Ok, I mean, maybe the Celtics just suck worse than I thought, because you can see very clearly in these games that it's not just that they're shooting badly, they're also not getting good shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Femur posted:

dude Spurs blew 25 point lead, lost by 36, 18. they bad.

It's like the 2014 Finals. A massive effort in game 1 derailed by dirty pool (Zaza ~= AC Gate) and they just fell apart afterwards because the supporting cast is old and busted

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
If you think the Cavs can turn up their defense that's fine. But the Dubs are the best defensive team. So can the Cavs turn up their defense to be the best defensive team in the NBA? Probably not.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

NickRoweFillea posted:

This but Memphis. It's simple geography folks

It's kind of weird how relocation was something that we used to hear about constantly but apparently everyone that owns a team now is happy where they are. Although I guess the Pacers are trying to be sold at the moment but I feel like it would be really weird for Indiana to not have a team.

EvanTH posted:

Wow that's like saying Vince McMahon was a better promoter than Paul Heyman

It's soulless. There's more to life than money, Rick!

edit:
In case this reference does not make sense Heyman was the owner/promoter for Extreme Championship Wrestling. In the financial sense, it was a failure and it went bankrupt. In the entertainment sense, it was one of the greatest promotions anyone had ever seen and it was hugely influential. The Attitude era in WWE was almost entirely lifting and PG-13ing some of the more entertaining bits of ECW. Check out some of the old PPVs they're fantastic.

I never got over the death of WCW, now I only believe in making money, this is my JRPG origin story.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Strawberry Panda posted:

If you think the Cavs can turn up their defense that's fine. But the Dubs are the best defensive team. So can the Cavs turn up their defense to be the best defensive team in the NBA? Probably not.

They weren't he best defensive team this year, that would be the Spurs.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
That defense made manu ginobli god twice

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Tae posted:

That defense made manu ginobli god twice

What's LMA's excuse

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Rabid Snake posted:

What's LMA's excuse

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

The Cavs are really bad defensively but they alzo coast during the regular season (but most of those players were bad defenders before they joined the Cavs: Superteam Edition)

rjmccall posted:

Ok, I mean, maybe the Celtics just suck worse than I thought, because you can see very clearly in these games that it's not just that they're shooting badly, they're also not getting good shots.

IT being hurt is affecting their gameplan because he's not there to draw defensive attention

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
The Celtics without IT in their lineup haven't been able to reliably create offense all playoffs. It seems as though that is the case with or without him in the lineup vs the Cavs.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Libertine posted:

The Celtics without IT in their lineup haven't been able to reliably create offense all playoffs. It seems as though that is the case with or without him in the lineup vs the Cavs.

For what it's worth he reinjured himself in the semifinals and was playing hurt until Game 2. Not to excuse the Celtics of course

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

euphronius posted:

Imagine last year but lebron completes the chaos dunk

Lebron has already murdered Isaiah Thomas, why do you want him to kill again?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
With LeBron in predator mode the cavs defense gets better each game. The fear factor can't be quantified

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Declan MacManus posted:

For what it's worth he reinjured himself in the semifinals and was playing hurt until Game 2. Not to excuse the Celtics of course

Yea he grabbed his hip and grimaced and started hobbling for a while in that Wiz game, hasn't quite looked right since. The Celtics would still be doomed even if he were healthy but they may not have looked this helpless

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao the Bulls with a super smart but otherwise deficient player in Rondo managed to call and communicate a defense that made the C's look foolish.

LeBron is as high BBall IQ as Rondo if not more and is also LeBron loving James.

C's are trash amd I hope Fultz busts.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

If I knew I were going to have to face LeBron I'd fake getting hurt as early as possible so I'd have a valid excuse queued up

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

WhyteRyce posted:

If I knew I were going to have to face LeBron I'd fake getting hurt as early as possible so I'd have a valid excuse queued up

Let's see, Iggy, Steph.. checks out

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sorry guys I think I got botulism from some canned beans I'm out good luck I'm rooting for you

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dexo posted:

Lmao the Bulls with a super smart but otherwise deficient player in Rondo managed to call and communicate a defense that made the C's look foolish.

LeBron is as high BBall IQ as Rondo if not more and is also LeBron loving James.

C's are trash amd I hope Fultz busts.

Sorry that they beat your team. Fultz probably won't bust.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Sorry guys, my car needs to go into the shop, I got water coming into the basement, I haven't been grocery shopping in like two weeks..... I just can't make that trip to Cleveland, sorry.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ainge calls up Adam Silver

Hey Silvey my guys were out getting some snacks from 7-11. Tyler had the idea of pouring nacho cheese directly into a bag of Doritos and now they all have botulism. Gotta cancel the next two games sorry if this is a problem

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Sorry that they beat your team. Fultz probably won't bust.

I hate Boston so much though. It honestly doesnt matter much that they Beat my lovely team. I would hate them if the Bulls didn't play them.

I just hate anything involved with the city of Boston. And will always hate them. I hope IT gets traded to a team in a city I don't hate because he seems pretty cool.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dexo posted:

I hate Boston so much though. It honestly doesnt matter much that they Beat my lovely team. I would hate them if the Bulls didn't play them.

I just hate anything involved with the city of Boston. And will always hate them. I hope IT gets traded to a team in a city I don't hate because he seems pretty cool.

I can understand that. I don't even like the city of Boston very much because it's smelly and racist so I can't blame you there but my localized team options are very limited as a Maine resident and I grew up loving the Celtics and B-Ball

Can't really stand the Red Sox and Patriots though. I went to a few games at Fenway as a kid and it ruined my day each time

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im glad all my boston hate is wrapped up in lusting for patriot death so i only have one hatred bothering me in basketball

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 16:42 on May 21, 2017

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Warriors are not the best defensive team. Lebron will get to rim at will and heaven forbid if they have to play McGee meaningful minutes.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ainge is probably combing the CBA to see if he can get a future first in exchange for forfeiting two ECF games

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

I can understand that. I don't even like the city of Boston very much because it's smelly and racist so I can't blame you there but my localized team options are very limited as a Maine resident and I grew up loving the Celtics and B-Ball

Can't really stand the Red Sox and Patriots though. I went to a few games at Fenway as a kid and it ruined my day each time

Yeah. Me and Boston didn't get off on the right foot when I visiting and some random dude in a cafe in small talk asked me how many times I've been shot at when I said I'm from "around Chicago"(didn't know where Rockford IL was shocking I know)

So blame that guy. I even managed to come around on Rondo since he left the C's. Him clowning the coach and FO the entire year getting benched and then taking over the team proving the coach was an idiot when they were forced to bring him back is magnificent amd deserving of the most respect.

Rondo in 6 months went from persona non grata to my third favorite Bull in the past 10 or so years

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dexo posted:

Yeah. Me and Boston didn't get off on the right foot when I visiting and some random dude in a cafe in small talk asked me how many times I've been shot at when I said I'm from "around Chicago"(didn't know where Rockford IL was shocking I know)

So blame that guy.

lol jesus christ.

Rondo is great when he's not being homophobic. Doc Rivers is the one who taught him that though

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

lol jesus christ.

Rondo is great when he's not being homophobic. Doc Rivers is the one who taught him that though

I remember the 09 playoff series. It was a lot of hate for me to over come on Rondo. As Kirk Hinrich is the captain of my heart.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dexo posted:

I remember the 09 playoff series. It was a lot of hate for me to over come on Rondo. As Kirk Hinrich is the captain of my heart.

Maybe the 2018 nets pick and Isaiah are coming your way this offseason. You never know.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Cool Buff Man posted:

Maybe the 2018 nets pick and Isaiah are coming your way this offseason. You never know.

Taking on Isaiah so they can never actually tank would be Bulls as hell

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I hope Lebron actually makes the world ending chaos dunk on Draymond to end the series with a 4-0 sweep by the Cavs.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dexo posted:

I legit used to work with people who think chicago is a war zone.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Paul Zuvella posted:

Paul Zuvella is Michael Flynn confirmed

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I'm going to bet that the Celtics bring back IT and keep Fultz.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

E2M2 posted:

https://twitter.com/samesfandiari/status/866165932028067840

Yea I was making GBS threads bricks and my dad was talking poo poo to me at the end after they lost. I was shook as hell.

This needed to be done game 1, and it needed to be done harder, there's no reason to try to play it off as an accident.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Paul Zuvella posted:

That's Gary, Indiana.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

DeimosRising posted:

Taking on Isaiah so they can never actually tank would be Bulls as hell

I'd be fine with that. I used to be one of the tank squad members for the Bulls but I have lost my will even for that as I have zero faith in Gar and almost zero faith in Paxson to do it well.

Just put a product that can actually entertain amd give me false hope for a regular season and some playoff games. So long as the Reinsdorf's don't give a gently caress about the team and continue to keep Paxson and Gar with 100% job security just give me a product it doesn't pain me to watch for 82 games. Amd maybe a competitive first or even second round playoff series.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 21, 2017

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dexo posted:

I'd be fine with that. I used to be one of the tank squad members for the Bulls but I have lost my will even for that as I have zero faith in Gar and almost zero faith in Paxson to do it well.

Just put a product that can actually entertain amd give me false hope for a regular season and some playoff games. So long as the Reinsdorf's don't give a gently caress about the team and continue to keep Paxson and Gar with 100% job security just give me a product it doesn't pain me to watch for 82 games. Amd maybe a competitive first or even second round playoff series.

Celtics Slightly West is not a terrible fate but I don't know if the Bulls have the parts to avoid a full tank in the next few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Dexo posted:

Is the general consensus that Wade and Rondo come back?

• Locked thread