Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Quick question - I found myself on Akurasu looking for a reference for something unrelated, and it lists "Enhanced Human" as a pilot skill in V. Is that the actual English skill name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Caphi posted:

Quick question - I found myself on Akurasu looking for a reference for something unrelated, and it lists "Enhanced Human" as a pilot skill in V. Is that the actual English skill name?

Actually, they ran it as Artificial Newtype... even though 人工ニュータイプ is an actual denomination on its own, commonly found in the GX world.

Mind you, both wiki pages have 強化人間 and 人工ニュータイプ listed as Cyber Newtype, so...

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
I like how for Frontal they just gave him Four's Ace bonus from Z3.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

If a small self-plug is allowed, I've started an LP of SRW L over here.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Brunom1 posted:

If a small self-plug is allowed, I've started an LP of SRW L over here.
Dammit, now this is tempting me to pick up SRW L.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Raxivace posted:

Dammit, now this is tempting me to pick up SRW L.

L is the one with all the new introductions from the 2000's but for some reason the entire game just slides off my memory and what I do remember I regularly conflate with K.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
L's original is basically the Create A Character you get when you first fire up the game.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

HitTheTargets posted:

L's original is basically the Create A Character you get when you first fire up the game.

Sure, but he's also a total Ryusei-style Super Robot fanboy, which is nice after Mist.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Caphi posted:

L is the one with all the new introductions from the 2000's but for some reason the entire game just slides off my memory and what I do remember I regularly conflate with K.
It had a dubious honor of introducing Macross Frontier and Dancougar Nova though at that time no one would know those would basically become series mainstays up til V.

The cast list doesn't quite stand out otherwise outside of the "currently 1 time only" Iczer series. I guess it's the last time Combattler and Voltes shown up but those two are almost Daitarn/Zambot tier in building feelings of "What, again?"

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
It also has Hope's Bloom, which is one of the best deployment musics in the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TBcAIRyq2Q

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Davzz posted:

It had a dubious honor of introducing Macross Frontier and Dancougar Nova though at that time no one would know those would basically become series mainstays up til V.

The cast list doesn't quite stand out otherwise outside of the "currently 1 time only" Iczer series. I guess it's the last time Combattler and Voltes shown up but those two are almost Daitarn/Zambot tier in building feelings of "What, again?"

it also had Linebarrel! though it wasn't until UX that linebarrel really got a chance to shine

it made wufei part of the linebarrel cast though which ruled

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Davzz posted:

It doesn't help that they're all high on the "just throw them in, plot, whatever" tier. Zambot in V had a decent intro, at least, but I just completely lost track of them afterwards.

Was Zambot even in Z3? I only remember Daitarn was because of that baffling "hey Banjou congrats on finishing Daitarn 3 between chapters" bit.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caphi posted:

It doesn't help that they're all high on the "just throw them in, plot, whatever" tier. Zambot in V had a decent intro, at least, but I just completely lost track of them afterwards.

Was Zambot even in Z3? I only remember Daitarn was because of that baffling "hey Banjou congrats on finishing Daitarn 3 between chapters" bit.

Yep, Zambot has been with Daitarn in basically every game since they got their combo attack

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Caphi posted:

I give Daitarn a pass because Banjou loving around in other series' storylines is always amazing

Zambot's just kinda there though

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Does anyone have any good birthday/bloodtype combos? The spirit set I get out of my actual one is total rear end

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Gundam Versus is finalizing more of it's roster

Here's the new suits:

• Hi-v Gundam (from Mobile Suit Gundam: Char’s Counterattack) – Cost: 500, Pilot: Amuro Ray
  • Slave Wraith (from Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story: Missing Link) – Cost: 300, Pilot: Travis Kirkland
  • Gelgoog High Maneuver Model (from Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story: Missing Link) – Cost: 300, Pilot: Vincent Gleissner
  • Guntank (from Mobile Suit Gundam) – Cost: 200, Pilot: Hayato Kobayashi
  • Dom (from Mobile Suit Gundam) – Cost: 200, Pilot: Gaia
  • Rick-Dias (from Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam) – Cost: 200, Pilot: Apolly Bay
  • Methuss (from Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam) – Cost: 200, Pilot: Fa Yuiry
  • High-Zack (from Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam) – Cost: 200, Pilot: Sarah Zabiarov
  • GM Custom (from Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory) – Cost: 200, Pilot: South Burning
  • ReZEL (from Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn) – Cost: 200, Pilot: Riddhe Marcenas
  • Vigna Ghina (from Mobile Suit Gundam F91) – Cost: 200, Pilot: Cecily Fairchild

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The GIG posted:

[*]Guntank (from Mobile Suit Gundam) – Cost: 200, Pilot: Hayato Kobayashi

the fighting game character we all asked for

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Yinlock posted:

I give Daitarn a pass because Banjou loving around in other series' storylines is always amazing

Zambot's just kinda there though

Banjou was relevant in Z, but I don't remember one thing he did in Z3.

There was an entire thing about how the final phase of ascension was the Sun and, like Gunleon during the Fire reveal, I don't think anybody even acknowledged Daitarn was there.

Augh, Z3.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Yinlock posted:

Does anyone have any good birthday/bloodtype combos? The spirit set I get out of my actual one is total rear end

11/11 B is Terada's birthday and has a pretty amazing spirit set. The rest are on Akurasu.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Caphi posted:

Banjou was relevant in Z, but I don't remember one thing he did in Z3.

There was an entire thing about how the final phase of ascension was the Sun and, like Gunleon during the Fire reveal, I don't think anybody even acknowledged Daitarn was there.

Augh, Z3.

I liked in Z2 when lord genome was actually scared of Banjou

THIS MAN...LIKE THE SUN ITSELF

e: also the original stuff tends to be better the more involved they are in the series' plots, it's part of why W owns so much

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 22:49 on May 16, 2017

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Zambot was in Z3.2 and had the start of a single stage dedicated to it where the Gaizock go "humans are bad and apotheosis is bad" and Kappei went "no, you are the ones who are bad actually" and thats pretty much it. You did get to fight a Gaizock fella though. And yeah, Lord Genome does his "aaa the sun!" thing and then two games later Banjou is apparently completely unrelated to the Sun as far as the stupid prophecy goes.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
While it's not much I do feel they did a nice job tying together Daitarn and Zambot with Nadesico and Might Gaine(and to a lesser extent the other series on the AD world)

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

Yinlock posted:

We're talking about V, right? Since birthday lists changes in every game.

11/11 B is good but it's also a very Support-oriented set and if you want to try to pull double duty as both a Support Caster and Combat, it might be rather tough. If you don't mind relegating your MC to the role of Support, it's certainly a good set, but this time around, it isn't the all-round superior choice that it usually is.

Souji's default (12/13 A) is actually pretty good. It's one of the three Birthdays that has access to Accel, which I know is a really popular command so that's kind of shockingly low.

Some other suggestions:
Leo (July 23 - August 22) Type B: Has both Intuition and Persist, which makes you very hard to kill against bosses.

Sagittarius (November 23 - December 21) Type AB: Learns Iron Wall pretty early at level 20.

Virgo (August 23 - September 22) Type A: The Birthday that learns Drive the earliest, relatively speaking. If you like those skills that kick in at 130 Will, you might like it.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I really like 11/11B because then you always have Attune, Foresee and Bless and eventually Prospect unless you decide to not deploy the MC for some reason. You still get Focus and afaik every birthday has Soul. Give your MC the free Concentrates you get and suddenly you have suepr cheap Strike and Flash on anyone at any time.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

More spots in the Gundam Versus roster got finalized. Some are Gundams, some are lovable grunts, one is Kou.

quote:

• Zeong, Pilot: Char Aznable (from Mobile Suit Gundam)
  • Messala, Pilot: Paptimus Scirocco (from Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam)
  • Quebeley Mk-II, Pilot: Ple Two (from Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ)
  • Re-GZ, Pilot: Kayra Su (from Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack)
  • Berga Giros, Pilot: Zabine Chareux (from Mobile Suit Gundam F91)
  • Kapool Corrun Nander Custom, Pilot: Corrin Nander (from Turn A Gundam)
  • SUMO, Pilot: Poe Aijee (from Turn A Gundam)
  • Forbidden Gundam, Pilot: Shani Andras (from Mobile Suit Gundam SEED)
  • Duel Gundam with Assault Shroud, Pilot: Yzak Joule (from Mobile Suit Gundam SEED)
  • Gundam G-Arcane with Full Dress, Pilot: Aida Surugan (from Gundam Reconguista in G)
  • Gundam "Dendrobium Stamen", Pilot: Kou Uraki (from Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory)
  • GM Cannon II, Pilot: Chuck Keith (from Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory)

The GIG fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 19, 2017

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Strange amount of Zabine in 2017 between this game and SRWV.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Raxivace posted:

Strange amount of Zabine in 2017 between this game and SRWV.

I love it. More F91 and Crossbone is always welcome.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

I'm surprised at the amount of 0083 rep that isn't just Kou and Gato.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Seriously. Kou is forever punching above his weight-class thanks to Dendrobium, but he never brings anyone along for the ride because they just have GMs.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

quote:

Re-GZ, Pilot: Kayra Su

So Chan's getting sidelined this time?

I am okay with Kayra though.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

so in mission 28 UC does anyone know what triggers that smug dickhead leonard to flee? is it a turn based thing or # of enemies or what

he keeps jetting off right when i'm ready to fight him :argh:

e: alright it's apparently 4 turns after he shows up

that's kind of a harsh limit but whatever, guess i'll just play keepaway until the enemies finish moving their slow asses over to me then summon the dickhead

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 21, 2017

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ZuljinRaynor posted:

So Chan's getting sidelined this time?

I am okay with Kayra though.

Instead of doing the clone-suit-with-alt-pilot DLC like they did in FB/Maxi, suits will now be able to unlock different canonical pilots and you can use which one you want with the suit retaining the same cost/moveset. The Guncannon can be piloted by Amuro or Ryu Jose instead of Kai, for example, and the Throne Zwei can be piloted by Ali instead of Mikhail if you want.

IIRC Chan and Amuro are both ReGZ pilot choices if you want.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

So when do I get my Xi/Penelope/Nightingale/Hazel?

At least I've got a Hi-Nu :swoon:

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Kanos posted:

Instead of doing the clone-suit-with-alt-pilot DLC like they did in FB/Maxi, suits will now be able to unlock different canonical pilots and you can use which one you want with the suit retaining the same cost/moveset. The Guncannon can be piloted by Amuro or Ryu Jose instead of Kai, for example, and the Throne Zwei can be piloted by Ali instead of Mikhail if you want.

IIRC Chan and Amuro are both ReGZ pilot choices if you want.

Oh, I was unware of that. That sounds great.

I see you can use Ryu in the RX78-2. Shame no Sayla. :(

I see Doan is confirmed. Excellent. :cool:

Fa in a Nemo? :aaa:

Edit: I'm guessing the Premium Music version is gonna be JP only like with SRWV. :(

ZuljinRaynor fucked around with this message at 02:27 on May 21, 2017

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://mobile.twitter.com/GideonZhi/status/862749787912773632

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

I kinda assumed Gideon had dropped off from working on stuff anymore since his site hadn't been updated in almost 2 years. Glad to be proven wrong!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
"Where's Alpha!?" I scream into the void, knowing I will never be answered.

Edit: I mean, I've been wanting Masoukishin stuff since forever as Cybuster is basically my favorite mech, but I'll believe it when it's done.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 20:22 on May 21, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
gently caress it, I'm gonna try for the third time to finish Alpha Gaiden.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
This is like twice removed from SRW but I love Mysterious Gensokyo TOD, and especially all the robot anime and sometimes SRWOG references in it.

I had a Zankontou earlier (evolves from the Roukanken) which it says is made out of liquid metal and can take any form.

edit: oh there it is

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Is that the coin sword from Giant Robo OVA?

• Locked thread