Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
Warband with the Floris mod pack is great. It has a ton of improvements over vanilla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

FalloutGod posted:

Any mod recommendations for Mount and Blade?

Friend of mine played a Star Wars one he kinda liked.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

FalloutGod posted:

Any mod recommendations for Mount and Blade?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6FfFfL7zGo

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

:captainpop:
Please tell me this is total conversion with a world map...

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

ilmucche posted:

:captainpop:
Please tell me this is total conversion with a world map...

according to the download page,

quote:

This mod consists of a series of unique Quick Battles (with character interaction, stealth, dismemberment, motorbikes and cars included, etc.) set in Glasgow, and concentrating on the sectarian bigotry between Celtic and Rangers football clubs. This mod is offensive, hopefully funny, and very, very violent. It is large in size because, despite consisting wholly of Quick Battles, there is A LOT of scripting and other content.

Only one feature really needs to be mentioned.

Dismemberment - you can chop off certain opponents' body parts, and watch them scream and convulse in agony.

OTHER FEATURES:

A modern city and a selection of pubs and bars to fight in.

Motorbikes and cars to ride - and to dismount riders from!

Petrol bombs.

Guns.

General explosions.

A not very deep or involving storyline which touches on the hopeless corruption of the state and the populace, the intelligence service's deliberate provocateuring of violent acts by religious extremists for their own purposes, and a girl with a big huge mallett called Senga.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
A beautiful sequel to hooligans:storm over europe

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I know the guy who made that and he had to stop because he hot the police at his door saying it was inciting religious hatred lol

A Nice Big Dinner
Feb 17, 2006

These codes may or may not work, but I am going to attempt to give them away regardless of that fact.

Mount & Blade:
2CAEA-1BFDE-B6C1D-1596C - Taken!

Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut:
LPPM45DA8D274E09FB - Taken! (I think)

A Nice Big Dinner fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 23, 2017

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

obese retard posted:

Mount & Blade:
2CAEA-1BFDE-B6C1D-1596C

Snagged this one, thanks!

Gorilla Desperado
Oct 9, 2012

obese retard posted:

These codes may or may not work, but I am going to attempt to give them away regardless of that fact.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut:
LPPM45DA8D274E09FB

Somebody seems to have snagged this one but thanks anyway.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

7UWN598F4F4F56488F
witcher 2

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
another witcher 2 code

7UWN2A182F1376[double F]DF

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006

GreenBuckanneer posted:

7UWN598F4F4F56488F
witcher 2

Thank you.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Mount & Blade: 3FFA8-86D96-BBE56-FCE8D

General Emergency
Apr 2, 2009

Can we talk?
Another Witcher 2 code: 7UWN2A1E88509DE898

These are from the Gwent beta and expire in a few days on the 29th.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

General Emergency posted:

Another Witcher 2 code: 7UWN2A1E88509DE898

These are from the Gwent beta and expire in a few days on the 29th.

Grabbed this, thanks a bunch! :tipshat:

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Here's another Witcher 2 code:
7UWNA4E9BC479AA12*

*D as in Dog

fastbilly1
May 11, 2016
GOG now has Neogeo Games. Apparently they are not ports of the Dotemu releases.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

fastbilly1 posted:

At least one review says these are just a ROM wrapped in a bare bones emulator, so buyer beware.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

fastbilly1 posted:

Reading a bit of the discussion about them, they seem to be the dotemu releases but whatever contract they had with snk seems to be over so snk just repackaged them.

Sivek fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 31, 2017

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Does that mean you can isolate the ROM and run a separate emulator? There are several GOG titles that come to mind that run better when coupled with an external engine or 3rd party wrapper than as-packaged.

doctorfrog fucked around with this message at 02:47 on May 31, 2017

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

so uh how do I actually buy a thing in the dotemu store, exactly

the only action I seem to be able to do in the cart is to "continue shopping" with no means to entering checkout, registered or no

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The dotemu store is either already dead or being killed off soon, so you don't, I'm pretty sure.

fastbilly1
May 11, 2016
Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas dropped: $20 USD per, on sale for $10

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

fastbilly1 posted:

Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas dropped: $20 USD per, on sale for $10

Shoot. I had actually thought about trying to play Oblivion again. I have the GOTY edition on disc, $10 is a pretty good price, especially since it's the Deluxe Edition that comes with all the DLC (including the infamous Horse Armor). I've heard Oblivion is a lo harder to mod than Skyrim, though, and I'm not sure what mods are worth installing.

Fallout 3 I'm not really wild about revisiting, though I never played any of the DLC packs for it, and considering the Steam version apparently has issues running on Windows 7, it might be worth checking out the GOG version to see if it works better.

New Vegas Ultimate Edition is great, and well worth the price.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I gobbled up all 3; that's a lot of game for $29.97. I want to try that German total conversion mod for Oblivion. I can never remember the name of the bloody thing, but I've heard rave reviews.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

I want to play Skyblivion myself... hopefully it gets finished one day and actually released.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

JustJeff88 posted:

I gobbled up all 3; that's a lot of game for $29.97. I want to try that German total conversion mod for Oblivion. I can never remember the name of the bloody thing, but I've heard rave reviews.

I had to look it up because I couldn't remember the name either. It's Nehrim: At Fate's Edge. The team who did that is making another one for Skyrim called Enderal.

I'm interested in trying Nehrim, especially because it sounds like it overhauls the leveling systems, but I'm still interested in the mods that modify vanilla Skyrim, like Obscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. Apart from that though, I'm not really familiar with Oblivion mods.

I'm thinking about buying all three as well, but I'm hesitant because I have all three of the games already, and I always feel silly for wanting to buy games I already own (not that it's stopped me before). With Oblivion, I did the Knights of the Nine DLC, but I never finished Shivering Isles, which I heard is really good. I played a lot of Fallout 3 when it first came out, but I never tried any of the DLC, and I don't know how it compares to the main game.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Can't comment on Oblivion itself, but I played Falllout 3 vanilla through once, then replayed it in a very different way with all of the DLC. They're enjoyable for sure, some better than others. Mod it a bit for graphics/whatever you like, and do a run with a very different character to your last play through. For me anyway, completing that game twice was enough.

I've played a lot of New Vegas, but only completed siding with Caeser - I think I did the DLC during this as well, and don't feel an urge to replay the whole thing, even though overall it was a better game than FO3. It felt like more of the same (because it was) and by the time I was done with FO:NV, I didn't feel the urge for more.

I did similar with Skryim: one vanilla playthrough, one enhanced edition + all DLC playthrough, and doubt I will ever touch the game again except to install and play Skyblivion.

I bought and completed FO4 at launch with a 65 hour playthrough.
I'm now doing my second and most likely final run with a different character, with all DLC installed. Likely will shelve it and be 100% done after this.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

I had to look it up because I couldn't remember the name either. It's Nehrim: At Fate's Edge. The team who did that is making another one for Skyrim called Enderal.

I'm interested in trying Nehrim, especially because it sounds like it overhauls the leveling systems, but I'm still interested in the mods that modify vanilla Skyrim, like Obscuro's Oblivion Overhaul. Apart from that though, I'm not really familiar with Oblivion mods.

I'm thinking about buying all three as well, but I'm hesitant because I have all three of the games already, and I always feel silly for wanting to buy games I already own (not that it's stopped me before). With Oblivion, I did the Knights of the Nine DLC, but I never finished Shivering Isles, which I heard is really good. I played a lot of Fallout 3 when it first came out, but I never tried any of the DLC, and I don't know how it compares to the main game.

enderal is already out and its not great lol
nehrim used to be great but its a bit weak in the modern era, knowing german and playing the originals helps

fo3 dlc is mostly dismal shooting galleries with awful plots except for point lookout which manages to be much better than the actual base fo3.

just play new vegas :love:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Enderal is cool

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kj3M8etcU0

What I remember the second most from Nehrim was an awful dungeon that just went on and on and on forever until I got fed up and gave up.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
GOG continues their world tour of releasing non-retro things that came out elsewhere ages ago with Dragon's Dogma.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Kins posted:

GOG continues their world tour of releasing non-retro things that came out elsewhere ages ago with Dragon's Dogma.

Getting Fallout 3 and New Vegas is a good thing, assuming they've put some effort into fixing engine issues. Fallout 3 does not like Windows 7 or anything newer.

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l
I'm an idiot with Windows 10 and YMMV but Fallout 3 runs issue free without configuration on my machine

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

Sand Dan posted:

I'm an idiot with Windows 10 and YMMV but Fallout 3 runs issue free without configuration on my machine

Have you seen this? http://steamcommunity.com/app/22370/discussions/0/828937546147175081/

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l
I just bought the GOG version instead of trying to find my nearly decade old "compact disc" that may or may not exist anymore

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Getting Fallout 3 and New Vegas is a good thing, assuming they've put some effort into fixing engine issues. Fallout 3 does not like Windows 7 or anything newer.

Can't speak for 3, but New Vegas ran fine on my Windows 7 machine. Not entirely perfect, I don't think, but I don't recall any major issues, probably a random crash or two over the whole thing. It's possible that it only happened after mods too, I remember playing NV with similar almost-zero issues, unmodded, on Vista.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Well, I can't say that I had expected that Dragon's Dogma would appear on GoG but I guess that Capcom wants to drum up some publicity before they release the PS4 version. Still a drat great game but seriously Capcom, release Dragon's Dogma Online in the west or at least start on a drat sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Sylphosaurus posted:

Well, I can't say that I had expected that Dragon's Dogma would appear on GoG but I guess that Capcom wants to drum up some publicity before they release the PS4 version. Still a drat great game but seriously Capcom, release Dragon's Dogma Online in the west or at least start on a drat sequel.

Here's hoping that they're putting it out on GOG now because they're gonna announce a Western release of DDO (or an actual sequel) at E3.