Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

I wasn't saying they aren't Nazis, for what it's worth. Just stating that AoS basically said "they were a kooky crazy cult that worshipped aliens, and then they decided to be Nazis too." Hydra is more than just Nazis, but they are still Nazis.

That would make a great PR video playing in the lobby of the Hydra Triskelion. "Hydra - we're Nazis, and so much more!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

McSpanky posted:

That would make a great PR video playing in the lobby of the Hydra Triskelion. "Hydra - we're Nazis, and so much more! Ask us how!"

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

McSpanky posted:

That would make a great PR video playing in the lobby of the Hydra Triskelion. "Hydra - we're Nazis, and we're gonna make this country great again!"

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Hydra is a multi branch organization so they can be whatever the writer needs. Dial Nazi up or down accordingly to fit the current plot.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I really hope they keep the Hand away from the totally-not-nazis, they're badly defined as it is but I can see the two secret societies being combined by a lovely writer.

Holy crap we dodged a bullet, that's totally a Scott Buck idea.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

As Nero Danced posted:

I really hope they keep the Hand away from the totally-not-nazis

Naw I could totally get behind Hand-ry-da .... uh .... Hydr-and-a .... um ...

Edit: HAIL HYDRANGEA!

Edit: Hail Hand Dryer??

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I would totally be down for a story where the Defenders set Hydra against the Hand. Like that Japanese movie with the samurai guy

Gorgeous Mohammad
Oct 15, 2009
I just finished Iron Fist and enjoyed it. It's not the greatest show ever but it is about as quality as anything else related to comic books. Is the criticism just goons and critics trying their hardest to hate something or am I going to be blown away with the other Marvel shows?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Gorgeous Mohammad posted:

I just finished Iron Fist and enjoyed it. It's not the greatest show ever but it is about as quality as anything else related to comic books. Is the criticism just goons and critics trying their hardest to hate something or am I going to be blown away with the other Marvel shows?

Hahaha if you liked IF then prepare yourself to hail the other Marvel shows as your new God and King.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

You watched iron fist first?

You'll be blown away then because IF was a big step down in every department. It's not people making GBS threads on it for no reason or an unfair comparison with Marvel's big budget cinematic universe, they set a standard with the other Netflix shows and dropped the ball with IF.

Gorgeous Mohammad
Oct 15, 2009

Blackchamber posted:

You watched iron fist first?

You'll be blown away then because IF was a big step down in every department. It's not people making GBS threads on it for no reason or an unfair comparison with Marvel's big budget cinematic universe, they set a standard with the other Netflix shows and dropped the ball with IF.

I tried watching Daredevil and just remember quitting through the first episode so I kinda wrote these shows off from that. Then I watched Iron Fist on a whim, liked it and am going through the rest starting with Luke Cage.

To be fair I found Ward and Harold to be the best parts of the show. Maybe because I didn't know anything about the comic, uncovering Danny's/the IF's background kept me interested in that side of the story.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You should probably consider watching them in order. Its not a huge deal as they're all pretty stand alone but there are characters who cross over from show to show and you're watching them out of order.

Although you're basically watching from worst to best while the show order kind of goes from best to worst. So you're probably watching in a way that will leave you increasingly more impressed, if not completely confused as to what the hell Claire's deal is.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I tried watching Daredevil and just remember quitting through the first episode so I kinda wrote these shows off from that. Then I watched Iron Fist on a whim, liked it and am going through the rest starting with Luke Cage.

To be fair I found Ward and Harold to be the best parts of the show. Maybe because I didn't know anything about the comic, uncovering Danny's/the IF's background kept me interested in that side of the story.

Luke Cage spoils the ending of Jessica Jones

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Don't want to open a huge can of worms here, but what order do you recommend people watch Star Wars in Gorgeous Mohammad?

Gorgeous Mohammad
Oct 15, 2009
I'm neutral on Star Wars and haven't seen the latest two so I wouldn't be the person to ask. However I've already been kind of spoiled on Jessica Jones and I'm worried that Daredevil might take itself too seriously for my taste. Luke Cage seems like what I would be most into so I'm going to watch it first and then I'll at least be invested into all of this enough to watch the rest.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I didn't watch Jessica Jones past the first episode because of Kilgrave. That storyline was incredibly unpleasant to me for personal reasons when I read it in the comics, so why would I torture myself to see it live? I liked all of DD1, the first half of Luke Cage, everything non-Punisher of DD2, and all of Iron Fist.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Jessica Jones is the best of the shows and a great watch, but like its about THAT and if you're personally uncomfortable with it you're going to have a really, really hard time with the show.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

I'm neutral on Star Wars and haven't seen the latest two so I wouldn't be the person to ask. However I've already been kind of spoiled on Jessica Jones and I'm worried that Daredevil might take itself too seriously for my taste. Luke Cage seems like what I would be most into so I'm going to watch it first and then I'll at least be invested into all of this enough to watch the rest.

In the like 3rd episode of the 1st season of daredevil he starts fighting ninjas and flipkickin' around.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

In the like 3rd episode of the 1st season of daredevil he starts fighting ninjas and flipkickin' around.

and it takes said ninja fights incredibly seriously

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Good.

Ninja fights that aren't taken seriously in film and tv suck, serious modern day ninja stuff is good here's proof https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HsbdDZKGys&t=55s

Buschmaki fucked around with this message at 05:39 on May 22, 2017

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

everything non-Punisher of DD2

Hmm

Gorgeous Mohammad
Oct 15, 2009

Buschmaki posted:

Oh so it is as dark and gritty as the reviews say. a real watchmens.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

I just have always really disliked the character of the Punisher.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I just have always really disliked the character of the Punisher.

Hmm

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
People call the punisher a fascist figure, I think he's more of an egalitarian figure promising fair treatment of all criminals like Justitia.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Both.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Just popping in to say that I own a Hydra t-shirt, copped on SA-Mart several years ago, and nobody has ever called me a nazi for wearing it. I wore it to the airport once and the TSA dude was like, "Hail Hydra."

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Chill Penguin posted:

Just popping in to say that I own a Hydra t-shirt, copped on SA-Mart several years ago, and nobody has ever called me a nazi for wearing it. I wore it to the airport once and the TSA dude was like, "Hail Hydra."

Look at this loving nazi.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Chill Penguin posted:

not surprised someone working for the tsa would be down for some incompetent fascists

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Well, yeah, the TSA and HYDRA are basically the same thing.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Chill Penguin posted:

Remarkably on brand for TSA

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I started watching Blacklist. It's fairly decent so far and although some parts of the personal plot annoys me, I like this telling of Hannibal as a criminal mastermind. Does it get better or worse later on?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Demiurge4 posted:

I started watching Blacklist. It's fairly decent so far and although some parts of the personal plot annoys me, I like this telling of Hannibal as a criminal mastermind. Does it get better or worse later on?

Deep in your heart you know the answer to this.

Also, wrong thread?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Deep in your heart you know the answer to this.

Also, wrong thread?

Oh, I thought this was the general Netflix thread, my bad.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Demiurge4 posted:

Does this look like a 'Flix

.... thread?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Demiurge4 posted:

Serious answer though, Blacklist, like just about every show that tries to balance one offs with mythology episodes, eventually disappears up its own rear end with its mythology to the point where(spoiler is a theory that started somewhere in season 3) Red isn't Elizabeth's father but is in fact her mother is considered a legit and plausible theory.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Not sure if this is old info or not (website I saw it on just posted it today)

quote:

The showrunner revealed that season 2 of "Luke Cage" will feature a Marvel twist of some sort while maintaining the same feel offered by season 1. Asked what fans can expect from the upcoming season, Coker said "bulletproof dopeness."

"It feels like a real Harlem and a real New York, but at the same time, has that Marvel twist— the Marvel twist with Netflix's reach. That's really this combination of all those factors that I think made season 1 really a great ride, and hopefully we can maintain that same feel," he told Mashable in an interview.

Coker went on to compare "Luke Cage" season 2 to the second album of American hip hop group "A Tribe Called Quest," titled "Low End Theory." According to him, season 2 will take "Luke Cage" to the next level.

The showrunner says his hope is make season 2 be in some ways similar to the previous installment but there will also be some added depth and direction to it. "So I'm hoping that we avoid the sophomore jinx in that, because we know what we have in Mike [Colter], because we know what we have in our cast, that we're just pushing deeper," said Coker.

Talking about the music to be featured in season 2, Coker said he would not reveal it just yet. However, he said he would like to call the upcoming season as bulletproof "Lemonade," as it resembles a musical tone poem while becoming part of a superhero story at the same time.

And here I was hoping season 2 was going to be about the time Dr. Doom stiffed Luke Cage for $200.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

LadyPictureShow posted:

And here I was hoping season 2 was going to be about the time Dr. Doom stiffed Luke Cage for $200.

Doom did cheat Luke, so there's still a chance. Come on Fox, just give up on the F4, you know you aren't going to ever do anything good with them.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Gyges posted:

Doom did cheat Luke, so there's still a chance. Come on Fox, just give up on the F4, you know you aren't going to ever do anything good with them.

Haha, just saw your post over in the GOTG thread. 'Sup 'Where's my money, honey?' buddy? (Can we make that a gang tag?)

All we want is Dr. Doom. We will pay $200.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

LadyPictureShow posted:

What the gently caress is a Marvel twist?