Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

So, just a heads-up, if you're a Network subscriber, double-check your bank statements. I canceled back on April 3 and was just looking over my debit card charges yesterday and found two more Network charges, one from just this past Wednesday, on it.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

That Sasha Becky match was really great
The story is so good that it made my wrestling friend cry and a non wrestling friend want to get into wrestling.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thank you for thinking of me as a friend.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

rovert posted:

As is NXT Unstoppable:

Everyone said that 2 men fighting 2 women in a tag match could never work, but 2 years ago they proved them wrong.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

The story is so good that it made my wrestling friend cry and a non wrestling friend want to get into wrestling.

It's literally the match my ex showed me that got me into wrestling. I can't believe I've been so into this for 2 years now.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
NXT... broke my heart. :(

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm eagerly waiting to see if Jinder/Orton can match Ospreay/Ricochet,Taka/Taichi, Dunne/Bate or the DIY/AOP match. I'm sure it'll be super hot!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm eagerly waiting to see if Jinder/Orton can match Ospreay/Ricochet,Taka/Taichi, Dunne/Bate or the DIY/AOP match. I'm sure it'll be super hot!

It won't match them. It will surpass them.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

SatoshiMiwa posted:

nothing can hinder Jinder

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm ready for 7 Star Jinder to prove he's the best in the world

Edit: And by Best I mean Okada showing up disguised as Jinder

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't remember that Sasha/Becky match specifically but I'll probably go back and watch it tonight based on the comments from everyone. I'm sure it was great and I loved it when I saw it, but you cram a lot of wrestling into two years and totally forget certain things.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
According to NEWZ, zero titles are expected to change hands tomorrow night.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

There goes my dream of Breezango world tag champs

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gonz posted:

According to NEWZ, zero titles are expected to change hands tomorrow night.

I'm glad.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Nearly seven full hours with no posts, WWE brass would be having a field day. Well, I'm here to say that the squared circle is the only place to see catch as catch can bowling shoe ugly not ballet stuff!

I am looking forward to Nakamura vs Ziggy, even though Ziggler's heel schtick hasn't done much for me of late, I think it'll be a good watch.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Heavy Metal posted:

Nearly seven full hours with no posts, WWE brass would be having a field day. Well, I'm here to say that the squared circle is the only place to see catch as catch can bowling shoe ugly not ballet stuff!

I am looking forward to Nakamura vs Ziggy, even though Ziggler's heel schtick hasn't done much for me of late, I think it'll be a good watch.

If nothing else, it should be deeply satisfying to watch Dolph Ziggler take several knees to the head and face :unsmith:

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

SatansOnion posted:

If nothing else, it should be deeply satisfying to watch Dolph Ziggler take several knees to the head and face :unsmith:

Like a government mule! Bowling shoe ugly.

In all seriousness, JR is currently on WWE contract, there's no reason he can't call this match.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Timby posted:

So, just a heads-up, if you're a Network subscriber, double-check your bank statements. I canceled back on April 3 and was just looking over my debit card charges yesterday and found two more Network charges, one from just this past Wednesday, on it.

WWE isn't operating their scammy service (in which they gather massive amounts of credit card information on the promise that so long as you hit a button they give you they won't charge it) in a perfectly legitimate manner?

Well I never.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Heavy Metal posted:

In all seriousness, JR is currently on WWE contract, there's no reason he can't call this match.
:vinceflex:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm ready for 7 Star Jinder to prove he's the best in the world

Edit: And by Best I mean Okada showing up disguised as Jinder

Okada showing up would actually make the show good. I'm not sure much else would.

Heavy Metal posted:

It's not unreasonable to try and focus on the newer younger commentators- and JR is getting worse with age. Enjoy your bizarre UK JR and that's all you're going to get!

Also, commentary rant:
During Tyler Bate/Pete Dunne there was a moment where Tyler knocked down Dunne outside the ring, noticed it was the count of 8, looked at the ref, thought about it, then decided to throw Pete into the ring to try and win by pinfall or submission and not just take the 'weak' win. Pete Dunne then slid out because he's an rear end in a top hat who wants every advantage he can get, and used this to get his comeback into the match.

Commentary mentioned none of this fantastic storytelling.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

21 Hoot Salute posted:

There goes my dream of Breezango world tag champs

I heard their segments are the lowest rated segments of smackdown cause they're only internet-popular. Casual fans probably just think they're a new billy and chuck. Basically after this minipush they're done until they eventually break up.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
tyler bate is tiny but good

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

CubsWoo posted:

He should be getting himself over in another line of work because the unnamed person in NXT who told Cass "If you weren't 7 feet tall you would have been fired a long time ago" was absolutely right. He's had six years of time in the WWE system and he barely looks better than he did in FCW so hey good for him that he lucked into another few years of a steady paycheck being the next Too Cool.

Sadly WWE needs the next generation of tall monsters for the up and coming babyfaces to be able to conquer and the only one showing any kind of ability to both work and get the crowd interested is Braun. In the end this is a condemnation of NXT and the Performance Center in general since talent goes in, spends years training, and come out looking no better for it while NXT has moved from 'developmental fed for the next wave of talent' to 'the place where you get to enjoy our recently signed mid-30s indie talent for 12-18 months before they get called up to the main roster, oh and maybe also watch these five Performance Center graduates in the undercard, who cares'

Didn't Braun not work a single match on NXT? Is like the only person who debuted straight to the main roster without going via NXT in forever.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

He worked a few matches with NXT but none televised

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/BenjaminSenor/status/866377422945398784

Wonder if the WWE is close to licensing or buying the broken gimmick or if the Hardy's are just tweaking TNA

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Blaise330 posted:

I heard their segments are the lowest rated segments of smackdown cause they're only internet-popular. Casual fans probably just think they're a new billy and chuck. Basically after this minipush they're done until they eventually break up.

lowest rated like how? people turn off the TV for a three minute segment? or like, focus groups or whatever? cause gently caress those focus groups, I like my two dads the hot cops

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Ive been playing Injustice 2 all week

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I'd rather play Injustice 2 than watch Backlash.

I'd rather play Ride to Hell: Retribution than watch Backlash.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:siren::siren::siren:

protecthalaxy as per our :toxx:, please donate :10bux: to 4 Paws For Ability, Inc

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

IcePhoenix posted:

protecthalaxy as per our :toxx:, please donate :10bux: to 4 Paws For Ability, Inc

Done. I lost this one, but you should also still always bet on the main roster getting it wrong.

E: I had never heard of this organization before. Good stuff.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Please make sure next week's discussion thread is: "Want to be a winner and good at life? Do steroids. Trust me."

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

WINDER WINDER JINDER UNHINDER

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Don't forget the important step of injuring your coworkers

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
UNHINDERED

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I'm legit laughing my rear end off

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I'm legit laughing my rear end off

its really good

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.

Gonz posted:

UNHINDERED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix posted:

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

MAHALA

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

IF YOU HEAR ME