Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

My run times were just a few seconds each at most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Maxwell Adams posted:

Well, I'm on PC, where there have been no patches. If this is a cross-platform difference, it's pretty random.

Nah, that happened to me on PS4, too.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

rio posted:

Just encountered some complete loving bullshit that I am hoping is not going to gently caress up my whole playthrough. I started up the next playthrough after beating ending b and enjoyed the intro a lot. When I was controllable after he intro credits, I didn't know where to go but I ended up going the wrong way apparently - I went towards where you try to defend the battleship on the first playthrough. By the time I realized I hit a dead end, the virus started to hit me. I just wanted to save because it was getting late and I wanted to go to bed so I saved at the one save in that area. Of course attack is gone by then an I am walking like an injured ninja turtle unable to jump except for very short windows of time. By the time the destination appears, I am completely gimped so I try to hobble across the chasm towards the goal and for about 5 minutes a giant robot jumps on me. I got to the other side and five scrub robots got me in a corner and gang raped me forever, maybe 15 minutes I don't know and then I died after having to sit through it because of my auto heals with my plentiful supply of healing items not letting me die. I thought maybe dying would continue the story but of course that is not the case and after wasting like 20 minutes I die and am so loving mad at this game because my save (only current save) was back when the virus had already hit me.

Is there some way to complete this and get to the goal? Every enemy I meet is going to stun lock me on the ground. I get that it is supposed to feel horrible and they want me to get a headache looking at the dumb screen glitch out but if I have hosed up the game and can't continue to move forward I am going to throw my goddamn computer against the wall.

No matter where you save in that section, you always take it from just after landing at the flooded city when you reload. You can't gently caress it up permanently.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
That's the forest and desert arenas totally beaten. I actually really enjoy the desert special rank because at +6 chips it's a tough but doable challenge. The coast special rank seems more geared towards people who went the distance to get like +8 diamond chips.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Dabir posted:

No matter where you save in that section, you always take it from just after landing at the flooded city when you reload. You can't gently caress it up permanently.

Oooooh, ok - that's great news. I am going to try it again tonight and that makes this just annoying to play rather than game breaking so I can deal with it.

I'm not looking forward to losing 2B though - I caught that in a spoiler on another site and although I wasn't sure, I was guessing that would happen since I was trying to think of everything bad that could happen to 9S. She is a cool character and I was hoping to get more background on her, like why she says "this always happens" or whatever at the end of A and I assume that she has been with other androids who lost their memories. Without any specific details, do we learn anything about that in future playthroughs in ending C or D?

One Hundred Monkeys
Aug 7, 2010

rio posted:

Oooooh, ok - that's great news. I am going to try it again tonight and that makes this just annoying to play rather than game breaking so I can deal with it.

I'm not looking forward to losing 2B though - I caught that in a spoiler on another site and although I wasn't sure, I was guessing that would happen since I was trying to think of everything bad that could happen to 9S. She is a cool character and I was hoping to get more background on her, like why she says "this always happens" or whatever at the end of A and I assume that she has been with other androids who lost their memories. Without any specific details, do we learn anything about that in future playthroughs in ending C or D?

yeah, we do

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Question: I'm probably just an idiot since I'm pretty sure I missed it - I'm in my 3rd play and I feel like, from context elsewhere, I should have found the person who lets me upgrade weapons from Lvl 3 to Lvl 4? Did I bypass it like a dolt, or have I not gotten to that yet?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

Question: I'm probably just an idiot since I'm pretty sure I missed it - I'm in my 3rd play and I feel like, from context elsewhere, I should have found the person who lets me upgrade weapons from Lvl 3 to Lvl 4? Did I bypass it like a dolt, or have I not gotten to that yet?

There's a moveable block in the forest castle. Check the Royal Chamber.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

CJacobs posted:

Aha! Thanks. :v:

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Go to the throne room in the forest castle, then go to the right and drop down to the left side of the broken bridge and pull out a somewhat hidden block. The guy who can upgrade to lv4 is there

E: Oh, too slow

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I kind of hate how this game does quest item drops. I'm still very early on and working on the Machine Examination 2 quest. I have the 4 screws, but the large gear is completely missing. I assume it dropped with one of the screws? But now that I've gone in circles forever I have no idea where to go back to find it...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's a rare drop from stubbies. Talking to the giver again tells you how to get it, there's no real reason you'd know to do that to find out.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's a rare drop from stubbies. Talking to the giver again tells you how to get it, there's no real reason you'd know to do that to find out.

Oh bloody hell, what?

At least I don't feel bad now. I'll just keep rolling through the game until one drops from stuff. The sidequest doesn't seem that critical.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

CJacobs posted:

I missed that too and looked it up towards the end of my second playthrough. Felt dumb for missing it. I only had the mats to upgrade Nines sword though...I need to look up mat locations.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
I was playing on PC at a 4:3 resolution during my first playthrough so the block was entirely off-screen. I walked over to it but since 2B was also offscreen I never saw the prompt to grab it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I only discovered it by accident so don't worry about it.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Just got Ending E. What a game. Endings C and D were huge downers so I'm glad E exists.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

grancheater posted:

I was playing on PC at a 4:3 resolution during my first playthrough so the block was entirely off-screen. I walked over to it but since 2B was also offscreen I never saw the prompt to grab it.
Can I ask why you were playing in 4:3? I'm a developer and the issue of supporting 4:3 came up today, and according to steam data about 15% of people play in an aspect ration that's more square than 16:9. Were you playing in a window or on a 4:3 display?

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Are people still playing on CRT monitors or something? I don't think I have seen anyone using a 4:3 anything lately, except for some tablets.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Akuma posted:

Can I ask why you were playing in 4:3? I'm a developer and the issue of supporting 4:3 came up today, and according to steam data about 15% of people play in an aspect ration that's more square than 16:9. Were you playing in a window or on a 4:3 display?

No, my graphics card is v. old so I played at the lowest possible resolution, which just happened to be 4:3.

Das_Ubermike
Sep 2, 2011

www.oldmanmurray.com
Can anyone let me know (without spoilers please) if it's ok to sell the items in my inventory that have the "Can be exchanged for money" sentence at the end of the description? I'm on my first playthrough and I just finished the quest to give a Desert Rose to 6O. I haven't sold any of the other items marked as such (Machine Core, Ancient Mask, etc etc), but I want to be sure before I offload them since they seem like they're semi-rare drops/pickups, and that 6O quest is making me leery about selling them. Thanks.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sell them. The desert rose and animal hides are the only ones you ever need for anything else.

Das_Ubermike
Sep 2, 2011

www.oldmanmurray.com

Regy Rusty posted:

Sell them. The desert rose and animal hides are the only ones you ever need for anything else.

Thanks buddy!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Das_Ubermike posted:

Can anyone let me know (without spoilers please) if it's ok to sell the items in my inventory that have the "Can be exchanged for money" sentence at the end of the description? I'm on my first playthrough and I just finished the quest to give a Desert Rose to 6O. I haven't sold any of the other items marked as such (Machine Core, Ancient Mask, etc etc), but I want to be sure before I offload them since they seem like they're semi-rare drops/pickups, and that 6O quest is making me leery about selling them. Thanks.

Sell them if you need the money. But otherwise note they will be more valuable on the later playthroughs.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Das_Ubermike posted:

you'll need 1 boar meat and 1 moose meat eventually, but those aren't hard to get

The Big Whoop
Oct 12, 2012

Learning Disabilities: Cat Edition
Waiting for Nier Automata 2: this time you punch god in the dick

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

So, uhhh. What I assume to be pretty much absolute end of game spoiler / Ending E, I have a question I'd like to know the answer to if at all possible:

When the offer comes up to save someone / delete my data - is that everything on the single save file, or is that all files? Someone else is playing on a different save file, and I don't want to delete their data, too... :ohdear:

Appreciate it!

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

So, uhhh. What I assume to be pretty much absolute end of game spoiler / Ending E, I have a question I'd like to know the answer to if at all possible:

When the offer comes up to save someone / delete my data - is that everything on the single save file, or is that all files? Someone else is playing on a different save file, and I don't want to delete their data, too... :ohdear:

Appreciate it!

It's everything. All files. Only thing you keep is the achievements and a new title screen. Don't do it while someone else is in the middle of a game.

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Cool. Thank you!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Could you back up your saves to a USB or something?

Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Also, gently caress me, that was phenomenal.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

DrNutt posted:

Could you back up your saves to a USB or something?

Yes, you dirty cheater

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Also, gently caress me, that was phenomenal.

Out of curiosity. Out of the main machine faction was the only none rear end in a top hat Eve?

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012

Tarezax posted:

Yes, you dirty cheater

In a game whose final ending is about taking a third option to ensure the best ending, I feel perfectly justified taking a third option to both help other players while preserving my progress.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

warhammer651 posted:

In a game whose final ending is about taking a third option to ensure the best ending, I feel perfectly justified taking a third option to both help other players while preserving my progress.

But it is also just as much about being willing to sacrifice everything to help someone else.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Hunt11 posted:

But it is also just as much about being willing to sacrifice everything to help someone else.
But then there's a backup to bring you back regardless.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Akuma posted:

Hell, until like a year ago i was playing in 5:4. Old display ratios will still take a while to die out.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I assume this is not just me but I want to check - almost every night I turn on the game, the game decides to launch on the wrong monitor even though the right one is selected in settings. I have to select the wrong monitor, quit, then select the right one. And every time he game launches on the correct one it freezes the first time and has to be force quit. Then, every few days, it will reset my settings (immediately noticeable since I reverse vertical orientation).

Are these all common? I know that there are full screen issues but it is all a pain - I don't mind the game freezing every night the first time playing because it is quick but the monitor switching is a real pain when I don't have a lot of time to play and have to load the game 4 times before I can actually start and then potentially set up my settings again.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Wrap it up Appailures.

https://twitter.com/tcssalg/status/866646902514765825

Eve: Don't paint it just because it looks alike!!

Stubby: SAVE... ME...

Adam: Siri, hatred!

Siri: Heh hahaha

a kitten fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Started Route C last night and :stare:

Aesthetically this game reminds me a lot of MGS4 and uh, yep. YorHa as an army of Beauty & the Beast Corps. I want Yoko Taro to develop MGS6 if Konami ever tries to revive the franchise for actual games.