Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
gently caress man they really did just let lynch go crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
This is extremely good

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I dunno about you guys but I don't have it in me to watch two more hours of this tonight.

nopants
May 29, 2004
Lynch unleashed for 18 episodes

Lanz
May 30, 2013

Gnumonic posted:

I... don't know, actually. I assumed that he was because of some stuff that happens in episode 2, but I just watched the relevant scene over again and it's possible that it wasn't actually Jeffries talking, so maybe they did get some shooting in before Bowie died?

I think

BOB-Cooper was expecting to talk to Jeffries

Instead I think who he actually got was MIKE

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Gnumonic posted:

I... don't know, actually. I assumed that he was because of some stuff that happens in episode 2, but I just watched the relevant scene over again and it's possible that it wasn't actually Jeffries talking, so maybe they did get some shooting in before Bowie died?

Log Lady died in September 2015, so apparently they were already doing some shooting by then. I haven't seen anything about Bowie being in this though.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Data Graham posted:

I dunno about you guys but I don't have it in me to watch two more hours of this tonight.

poo poo, I'm gonna watch the whole thing twice.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

Data Graham posted:

I believe in you

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
Requesting a perfect in every emote featuring the 'arm'.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
This scene with the no-eyed lady is so loving awesome

nopants
May 29, 2004
Note: cooper died on the way to his hone planet.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah I'm gonna watch the whole thing gently caress it boys. Unlimited LYNCH

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I don't know why, but for some reason I didn't expect them to go full Hard R with the revival. Goddamn.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Reportedly Bowie died before he could film:
https://www.dallasnews.com/arts/arts/2016/05/11/dallas-actor-returns-to-twin-peaks

I'm anxious to see what tone the series takes once it moves back into Twin Peaks. I like the quirky personalities and melodrama to break up the seriousness. The first two eps were, like, 100% tense and disturbing, aside from a couple Lucy lines. I mean, if that's what the whole series ends up being, I would probably be okay with it. It's just not what I was expecting at all.

Is Hawke going to be teaming up with Cooper and have a main role? That would be cool.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Mother loving creamed corn

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

TV IV > Twin Peaks Revival 2017: "James Has Always Been Cool"

This might have been the most radical thing made for American television in the 21st century. I suspect people aren't going to latch onto it though since it resembles Fire Walk With Me and even INLAND EMPIRE more than seasons 1 or 2 so far IMO.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
God drat it's good to see whoever kidnapped Lynch after Mulholland Drive have let him go finally.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
:stonk:

n4
Jul 26, 2001

Poor Chu-Chu : (
Uhm I loving love it.

Wait wtf was that Amanda Seyfried ?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Oh poo poo so spirits and poo poo really do teleport through electrical currents.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Mother loving creamed corn

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I refuse to end this night on a James note. Bring on the next 2 hours!

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
Wow, two hours of programming and only one titty. That has to be some kind of record for Showtime.

Also this is pure distilled Lynch and I'm so freakin ready for more!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
So happy right now. So so so good. You can see why he made Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive. He must have been so tied down making the original series.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

*heh*

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

This loving owns.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Trying to reconcile my love for anything Lynch does with how much this did not feel like Twin Peaks. I'm into Lost Highway and Inland Empire, but I liked how Lynch had to fit himself into TV for TP and his partnership with Frost ended up working. I don't see any trace of Frost in this so far. I like it, it's just a different beast.

I think it's great getting to see some evil Dale Cooper but that lounge lizard look just does not work for him.

Sibboleth
Jul 10, 2014
Very much what I was hoping for, both in terms of general narrative structure, atmosphere etc. and the heavy use of new cast members. A proper Lynch project not just an excuse to wallow in nostalgia; excellent!

BubbleGoose
Oct 15, 2007

There are so many amendments in the constitution of the United States of America--I can only choose one!
As much as I loved the original show this is Lynch unhinged and I'm loving it.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
CHOCOLATE.

BUNNIES.

The Unlife Aquatic fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 22, 2017

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The Doppelganger reminded me of Mr Scratch from Alan Wake. Just kinda being a scumbag, doing whatever he wants.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Nude Madeline Zima getting her face shredded off by a nightmare shadow alien is definitely something.

HD DAD fucked around with this message at 04:47 on May 22, 2017

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I have no cable and I must see this. Tomorrow I'll get Amazon video and the Showtime trial run.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
"You are an Indian!" "...Yes Lucy."

"It's not about the bunny! Is it about the bunny?"

Episode three and I'm dying.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

LostRook posted:

"You are an Indian!" "...Yes Lucy."

"It's not about the bunny! Is it about the bunny?"

Episode three and I'm dying.

Call for help?

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
HOLY poo poo THAT WAS AMAZING.

THAT loving THING IN THAT GLASS CUBE, JESUS. BEAUTIFULLY SHOT THOUGH

Love the Erasehead vibe in the beginning.

Confounding Factor fucked around with this message at 04:52 on May 22, 2017

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Oh my god Albert !!!!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
It's a lot more like the movie than the show. Whether that's a good or bad thing remains to be seen I suppose. I was entertained at times, so it beat out the X-files reunion for me by a mile.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
For :canada: CraveTV'ers, eps 3 and 4 are available now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars
I am on episode 3 and I am so confused and it is amazing. This is the best TV show I have ever seen.