Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bart's probably the most damaged by the New 52.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Bart's probably the most damaged by the New 52.

The most damaged character? Nah. Conner.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

They at least tried to fix him!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

X-O posted:

Question is also up there

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Look, an important thing to learn about trauma is that just because someone else suffered more, it doesn't mean you didn't suffer.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Man. If you ever want to see the difference an inker can make, check out the splash pages in this week's Superman.

I might suggest throwing the offender into a volcano, but Mahnke himself was one of the three listed.

edit: I'm gonna D_T out on this cover, cause I gotta appreciate an artist's shift into JoJo-ism.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 18, 2017

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

X-O posted:

They had the exact same treatment only Conner was still related to the Superman family and Bart wasn't. I know you like Conner more but they both got a lovely rework and Bart got completely removed from the Flash family on top of being ruined.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but Bart sucks so it's less bad when it's done to him.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Aphrodite posted:

Alright let's fight.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I can't believe anyone who has read Impulse would say that Bart is a bad character.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Teenage Fansub posted:

edit: I'm gonna D_T out on this cover, cause I gotta appreciate an artist's shift into JoJo-ism.

Amazing :allears:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That's pretty tight

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

purple death ray posted:

I can't believe anyone who has read Impulse would say that Bart is a bad character.

Excuse me I said 'sucks'.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

THAT WAS THE LINE BRO

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I was under the impression that neither Conner nor Bart existed since Nu52 and are just more tragic victims of Barry Allen being a lovely time traveler Dr. Manhattan?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CapnAndy posted:

I was under the impression that neither Conner nor Bart existed since Nu52 and are just more tragic victims of Barry Allen being a lovely time traveler Dr. Manhattan?

bart was in scott lobdell's teen titans and a character vaguely resembling the idea of conner mainlined a superboy book

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

CapnAndy posted:

Pretty much.

Conner was replaced by Kon-el and Bart by Bar-Tor.

Although Bart was originally planned to be the actual Bart Allen coming back in representation of the Legion before editorial derailed those plans by making the Legion off limits. The change with NuWally didn't help either.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Preview for the Bugs Bunny and Marvin the Martian crossovers

http://www.newsarama.com/34564-dc-s-heroes-get-wacky-in-looney-tunes-crossover-one-shots.html#s1

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

They have olden-days cartoon or comic style backups too? That's neat.

e:
https://twitter.com/EvilMarguerite/status/865628774284394497

and solicits are coming in.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/0...rby-going-down/

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 19, 2017

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I like the tasteful indicator of his Super-Dick

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I dropped Teen Titans before the issue came out, so every DC book I read this week was really good.

In particular I adored Batman, Super Sons, Trinity, and Superman.

Justice League/Power Rangers is nice to have back after the delay. This is such a standard crossover plot, but it's done so goddamn well. The League letting the Rangers have at it with the weapons in the trophy room is a fantastic idea that I'm disappointed didn't go even farther.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I got really worried that this was SBP.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Rhyno posted:

I got really worried hopeful that this was SBP.

Fixed that for you.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Uh, I wasn't expecting this

quote:

TRINITY #12

Written by ROB WILLIAMS • Art and cover by CLAY MANN • Variant cover by BILL SIENKIEWICZ

“DARK DESTINY” part one! Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman must turn to the mystic trinity of Dead Man, Zatanna and John Constantine when Red Hood, Artemis and Bizarro are sacrificed into the depths of the Pandora Pits by Circe and Ra’s al Ghul.

On sale AUGUST 16 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm kind of hoping they fail to rescue them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I'm kind of hoping they fail to rescue them.

The best possible outcome.

But then Red Hood will become king of hell or something unbelievably stupid.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

They really missed the mark on not having three villains there, to mirror the regular trinity, the dark trinity and the meh trinity.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

head58 posted:

They really missed the mark on not having three villains there, to mirror the regular trinity, the dark trinity and the meh trinity.

They already had an issue on the villain trinity. Lex, Ra's, and Circe. It seems as if they play into this story too from the solicit above.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
But when will the original trinity, The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit, appear in DC's Trinity? :frog:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

theres too many drat trinities nowadays

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

purple death ray posted:

theres too many drat trinities nowadays

Would you say the number of them is too drat high?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
The Trinity travel to New Orleans to face off against their most powerful trinity of foes ever: onions, celery, and bell pepper!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Trinity War II (or Trinity WarZ (the z is a stylised 2))
is gonna be sweet.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rhyno posted:

Would you say the number of them is too drat high?

It cheapens the word! They've got a Tiny Trinity now and it doesn't even involve either of the Wonder Girls, drat it.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

Trinity War II (or Trinity WarZ (the z is a stylised 2))
is gonna be sweet.

Too Trintiy Too Warz.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

When will Trinity from the Matrix get involved?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

August stuff: http://nerdist.com/harley-quinn-celebrates-anniversary-future-quest-returns-dc-preview-suicide-squad-hellblazer/
Tim Seeley and Jesus Merino are taking over Hellblazer at #13.
Harley Quinn #25 special issue.
Future Quest Space Ghost special from Jeff Parker and Ariel Olivetti.
Another Suicide Squad anthology miniseries with a Katana story from Mike W. Barr and Philippe Briones, and an El Diablo/Enchantress/Gentleman Ghost(!) story from Jai Nitz and Scot Eaton

Shovelmint
Apr 22, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

That's good, I was not finding Hellblazer well-written, a new team might help, though I doubt I'll pick it back up unless Tocchini starts penciling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

I really liked Tynion and Ming Doyle's Hellblazer. Simon Oliver's was honestly surprisingly disappointing considering it had a really cool premise involving Constantine travelling with Swamp Thing into the Rot...and then that never actually really happened.

Seeley's a really entertaining writer.

I hope his take is way better.