Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Vince McMahon is a maniac and I love him for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

This actually just reminded me of when I went to Raw I think 3 years ago now? Anyway there was an awesome Indian couple sitting behind me that shouted amazing chants all night, the main one I remember is "Let's Go Boobies!" when Nikki came out.

That couple bought a Randy Orton sign and a Jinder Mahal sign respectively, so imagine last night was a good night for them.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Blooming Brilliant posted:

This actually just reminded me of when I went to Raw I think 3 years ago now? Anyway there was an awesome Indian couple sitting behind me shouted amazing chants all night, the main one I remember is "Let's Go Boobies!" when Nikki came out.

That couple bought a Randy Orton sign and a Jinder Mahal sign respectively, so imagine last night was a good night for them.

You just reminded me of Bryan Alvarez's story of going to a WWE show, and he was next to a guy who was family friends with The Great Khali and showed him tons of Khali pictures.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I thought I would be outraged by Jinder winning, but when it happened my reaction was basically "Oh, ok." Having him beat Orton was genius on WWE's part.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Someone requested this from one of the threads, I can't remember which

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Jinder needs more words that rhyme with it besides "hinder"

Sry Breezango fans, they tried. But hey, congrats to the Sami fans.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Jinder, Lord of Cinder.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Blaise330 posted:

Jinder needs more words that rhyme with it besides "hinder"

Sry Breezango fans, they tried. But hey, congrats to the Sami fans.

Give him a celibacy gimmick. Don't Tinder Jinder

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I wonder what Jinder thinks of the brand of confectionary products called Kinder.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I didnt watch so was the show good or not overall?

I'm glad Orton is no longer champion, please never let him hold a loving belt ever again. Please let Rusev be next.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

I'm glad Orton is no longer champion, please never let him hold a loving belt ever again. Please let Rusev be next.

I thought it was solid overall, no really bad matches. I'd say Owens vs Styles and Usos vs Breezango are the standouts, maybe watch Zayn vs Corbin too if you're interested in that.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

If Vince will still push a guy based on how steroided out they look, just imagine the kind of push EC3 would get if he ever crossed the line to WWE :vince:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
JINDER got a world title before any of the following guys:

Sami Zayn
Cesaro
Braun Strowman
Rusev

It's amazing.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jinder, Lord of Cinder.

Which one? The one that rides on the back of a more talented worker? The large guy who hosed up and failed despite his best efforts? The one of a legion of identical workers? Or the revolting mass of corrupted flesh?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Bradshaw, Jack Swagger, Christian, and Dolph Ziggler have won the Smackdown title before, so it's not exactly unprecedented.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

JosephWongKS posted:

JINDER got a world title before any of the following guys:

Sami Zayn
Cesaro
Braun Strowman
Rusev

It's amazing.

if anyone is gonna win the belt now it's gotta be Rusev

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Jinder WWE World Champion

On the other hand, Breezango had the MOTY last of night.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Say what you will about WhatCulture and WCPW, but this sucks and we'll probably start seeing an impact on other YouTube wrestling content sooner or later: https://youtu.be/Hd8KH86VXUY

Basically, now that YouTube has classified wrassles as inapproppriate content for advertising, WCPW's YT ad revenue has dropped to next to nothing and they have to cancel their weekly show for the time being. Sad to think what might be happening to smaller channels. I think Solomonster or Brian Zane (Wrestling with Wregret) might've at least mentioned something about their YT ad money disappearing.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
good

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Jinder

Hinder

Hander

Halder

Halfer

Half Lifer

Half Life 3 confirmed

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

extradite THIS! posted:

Say what you will about WhatCulture and WCPW, but this sucks and we'll probably start seeing an impact on other YouTube wrestling content sooner or later: https://youtu.be/Hd8KH86VXUY

Basically, now that YouTube has classified wrassles as inapproppriate content for advertising, WCPW's YT ad revenue has dropped to next to nothing and they have to cancel their weekly show for the time being. Sad to think what might be happening to smaller channels. I think Solomonster or Brian Zane (Wrestling with Wregret) might've at least mentioned something about their YT ad money disappearing.

It's a bummer for sure, but if advertisers don't want to advertise pro wrestling they should have every right to opt out.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Muddy Burphy posted:

It's a bummer for sure, but if advertisers don't want to advertise pro wrestling they should have every right to opt out.

Oh, absolutely. Wondering what the justification behind it is (other than "wrestling is violent, dumb and for idiots not worth advertising to") and whether or not other (actually) violent stuff like MMA is also affected by this.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

extradite THIS! posted:

Oh, absolutely. Wondering what the justification behind it is (other than "wrestling is violent, dumb and for idiots not worth advertising to") and whether or not other (actually) violent stuff like MMA is also affected by this.

For some god forsaken reason UFC wants less advertising and to give monopolies to certain sponsors. Its why theres an undercurrent but not organised push for unionisation.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

extradite THIS! posted:

I would imagine the justification for online advertising is the same for television advertising -- advertisers believing wrestling fans are too poor/low-brow to bother advertising to.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

DLC Inc posted:

It was a show that happened. Nothing was terrible, nothing was outstanding. Jinder shouldn't be champion, no matter how bad of a champion Randy was.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I hope WWE makes like a trillion dollars in India now because otherwise this will seem ratger silly.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Petit Gregory posted:

Someone requested this from one of the threads, I can't remember which

I'll never not find this both funny and adorable :3:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
This is just 1 step closer to Randy and HHH getting to 16 titles a piece then doing a fatal 4way with the current champ and Cena to see who breaks flair's record first. Wrestlemania 40 is gonna be a hoot.

This is assuming Charlotte doesn't break the record first.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Anyone got a screencap of Randy's "Oh poo poo!" face after he nearly killed one of the Singh brothers?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Lid posted:

In years from now there will be matches with Kinder Mahal

There will be royal rumbles

They will say JINDER MAHAL the FORMER WWE CHAMPION

This will be true for all history

It will never go away that Jinder Mahal former champion

I take it I wasn't the only one laughing a bit every time they mentioned Dolph Ziggler, 2 time world heavyweight champion?

CubsWoo posted:

https://streamable.com/72790

The Hindi commentary team was pleased

Extensive cheating using 2 friends to win? INDIA #1!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

As much poo poo as I give Jinder Dolph is worse.

It was a great example of how to make Nakamura awful was just have him do the WWE style face in peril. God his match with Zayn was so great.

ThePariah posted:

It's a shame that Cesaro is too foreign and uncharismatic to be WWE Champion. Hopefully Jinder will be generous enough to give him a few pointers on how to succeed.

Maybe he should learn to be from a country with a billion more people. Did Cesaro ever think of that? Or at least to claim his ancestry is from there sufficiently.

DoctorGonzo posted:

No, really what the gently caress they are doing with Becky

Letting her do her own hair, seemingly. Has there been worse hair in WWE since Bull Nakano?

Muddy Burphy posted:

I don't think it's advertisers, but Youtube just thinking it's safe to do so.

DLC Inc posted:

The show was a great example of a nothing WWE show. Some matches that were alright but not really worth going out of your way for, nothing truly horrible.

And what will likely be remembered as a historically bad decision. I could be wrong, but holy gently caress everything about Jinder Mahal WWE Champion is awful.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Eli Wiggum posted:

Anyone got a screencap of Randy's "Oh poo poo!" face after he nearly killed one of the Singh brothers?

yes.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Man it sure is awful that a fresh new champion was crowned instead of the cool dude Randy Orton with all his amazing personality traits.

Furthermore ~fart~

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
wow owned!!!!!!!!

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

OldTennisCourt posted:

Man it sure is awful that a fresh new champion was crowned instead of the cool dude Randy Orton with all his amazing personality traits.

Furthermore ~fart~

There's nothing fresh about Jinder Mahal

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Now that WWE has the Indian market secured, it's time to start working on the Chinese market.

Give me WWE Champion Ho Ho Lun.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

I stared into the Abyss, and the Abyss had steroid veins.

there's no way Abyss ever took steroids

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Furthermore ~fart~

People want fresh new faces in the title scene but that doesn't mean that anyone that hasn't had the title before deserves to win the drat thing. Jinder is trash and has no place in the main event scene on the biggest wrestling promotion in the world.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ow/58789997.cms

quote:

Mahal did not forget to send a message to his fans in India in his native language of Punjabi: " Aaap sabka bahut bahut shukriya, aapne bahut support kiya hai humein aur Singh brothers ko, issi tarah support karte rahein (I thank you all very much for supporting Singh brothers and me and please continue to support us)"

I like Jinder, WWE Champion more and more and more and it's clear that they're doing the "Face in India, heel everywhere else" thing

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
more shocking to me than jinder's roid body was how fat the usos are now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Seams posted:

more shocking to me than jinder's roid body was how fat the usos are now

They're Samoan

• Locked thread